Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Liverpool 2-3 Udinese: In game and Post Match Grimace

Read 33763 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Liverpool 2-3 Udinese: In game and Post Match Grimace
      Reply #437: Oct 04, 2012 10:14:18 pm
      Been saying it all along, we need to plug that hole in the middle, just outside the box, Didi used to do that for us and not too many teams gets a free shot. at our goal. How many times we have seen opposition taking free shots at us from that position. If someone is parked there, the third goal could have been avoided. Johnson has been taking things too easily of late and the cause of the second goal, he needs to buck up.

Jamie shouldn't have allowed the Italian player all the time in the world to juggle the ball to the Italian player to score. 

Assaidi and Borini were dissapointing, apart from that the rest played well.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #438: Oct 04, 2012 10:15:16 pm
      Suarez looks electric at the moment.
      smartins1234
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #439: Oct 04, 2012 10:15:44 pm
      Time to turn over!!!!!!!!! Unlucky Liverpool! can't keep saying that, tho!!!!!!! Should of won, simple as!
      Fourbrick3
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 131 posts |
      Reply #440: Oct 04, 2012 10:15:57 pm
      Somebody must have run over a black cat in the car park, the luck we are having.I think we should get a priest or a white witch to lift the curse that has fallen on Anfield.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #441: Oct 04, 2012 10:16:07 pm
      Disappointed in Borini again... think he will struggle to get 5 league goals this season. Joe Allen had probably his worst game for us. Apart from those two I thought we played well, deserved to win but teams just seem to score from every chance they get against us.

The player that brought Downing down should have seen red, Suarez should have got a penalty and was Shelvey offside when he should have scored?

Played well and lost.....story of our season again ? 
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #442: Oct 04, 2012 10:16:40 pm
      We have given them too much time and space. That was the problem. Rafa's does not play his team this way, look at the big contrast at defence.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #443: Oct 04, 2012 10:17:13 pm
      Been saying it all along, we need to plug that hole in the middle, just outside the box, Didi used to do that ofr us. How many times we have seen opposition taking free shots. If someone is parked there, the third goal could have been avoided. Johnson has been taking things too easily of late and the cause of the second goal.

Jamie shouldn't have allowed the Italian player all the time in the world to juggle the ball to the Italian player to score. 

He's called Lucas. But he's injured.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #444: Oct 04, 2012 10:19:22 pm
      Why did he take off Henderson and bring on Gerrard ?! That cost us a goal

As for Downing no end product ?!? Check out the first goal ?

Downing was actually our main threat until Suarez arrived
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #445: Oct 04, 2012 10:19:35 pm

That's the perfect answer for all the results to the board and fans. :lmao:
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #446: Oct 04, 2012 10:19:44 pm
      Miss someone terribly to make us stable

Everyone was great, but we still lack this confidence, the players are technically good enough but we still lack the confidence in our technique. Our players can play this passing game wonderfully well but it's a confidence issue IMO and only winning can get us out of this. Coates was superb, but I don't see what he could have done in this position. I miss Lucas terribly...
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #447: Oct 04, 2012 10:24:13 pm
      Why did he take off Henderson and bring on Gerrard ?! That cost us a goal

As for Downing no end product ?!? Check out the first goal ?

Downing was actually our main threat until Suarez arrived

If you bother reading the match thread most people were commending Downing and suggesting taking Henderson off and bringing Gerrard on cost us a goal is a bit rich. By then we were chasing the game and Gerrard without doubt offered much more than Henderson going forward, in fact it's hilarious I should be trying to debate the merits of Gerrard over Henderson with you. Are you really suggesting dropping Gerrard for Henderson?

Honestly in a match we played so well you decide to only post negatives, to say the tone of your posts is depressing is a compliment George.
      vaughan
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 89 posts |
      Reply #448: Oct 04, 2012 10:24:44 pm
      Am willing to be patient with this team because the perfomance alone points to greater times ahead. Once we sort our defense out we'll be one of the hardest team to beat.

Luis Suarez is just awesome!!!!!!!!
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #449: Oct 04, 2012 10:25:47 pm
      Miss someone terribly to make us stable
      I miss Lucas terribly...

That cannot be an excuse for BR and even for ourselves. Why should that be?
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #450: Oct 04, 2012 10:26:16 pm

Yet we do nothing. If this continues, it's going to be even more damaging. Since we can't have Lucas at the moment, I hope someone can sprint back fast enough to cover that area. I thought Downing and Allen played well, but once Stevie came on I notice Allen and Downing took a back seat, it shouldn't be the case, they must start to change that attitude, otherwise we become preditable.

At least all is not lost, we are good on the offensive but is a bit of a mess in defence, once we get that sorted out, we should be fine.
      smartins1234
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #451: Oct 04, 2012 10:26:17 pm
      I dunno boys! Their 1st goal and 3rd goal were just good goals in my opinion! Still allot had to be done to finish with a goal. When other teams stop being so clinical when we present a chance, we'll win games easily!!! Just unlucky again!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #452: Oct 04, 2012 10:26:53 pm
      Didn't take long to undo 45 minutes good work. 20 seconds in fact. Just lazy half arsed stuff from Johnson for the first goal. sh*t touch, sh*t attempt to get back and sh*t attempt to block.

Second goal Coates should have headed it high high high over his own bar

and the 3rd goal was just awful from captain fanastic. Gives the ball away and walks about head down while the guy who he could have got back to put pressure on thumps it bottom corner.

Just general lazyness and sloppiness which in this system cannot happen. Players have to be calm on the ball but they also have to be focussed all the time. At times I think Johnson in particular needs a rocket up his arse. Just seems to be in a world of his own at times.

Shelvey had a shocker second half, surprised it wasn't he who come off rather than Hendo who was a controlling presence. When Gerrard came on he didn't have a care for doing any donkey work and it cost us dearly.

Our defending from set pieces was sh*t all day. At HT I aid we had to defend well from set plays and not be sloppy at the back. They didn't do either and we lost.

Different style of play, same results. Same reason. Sloppiness. When we have a team down we need to be ruthless. Sides know they are always in the game against us because they can either cut us open or wait for us to lose the ball in dangerous areas off our own back.

Infuriating watching that second half. I hope the players are tearing into each other, because some of them, their attitude was F***ing sh*t.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #453: Oct 04, 2012 10:27:03 pm
      Im going to go against general opinion in here and say we got it wrong tonight. Will probably be shot down but its a forum and its my opinion!

Yes we played ok and did not deserve to lose. But we took liberties with team selection and I didn't care for BR's team selection tonight.

This is european football ffs not the f*cking carling cup. I wish they had left half their first team out including di natale.

What did the selection achieve....another home defeat and now we go into the weekend on the back of another defeat.

Leaving Suarez, Sterling, Gerrard, Skrtel and Sahin out tonight was taking liberties in my opinion. You cannot constantly be worrying about players getting injured for the next game. We are Liverpool ffs and we take each game as it comes. We still should have won the game however but that is not the point. The point is that if we had picked our strongest 11 we would have won...made it 3 wins on the bounce and extended our unbeaten run to 3 and got confidence up further.

What we ended up with was a fit first team for sunday and another defeat.

Although I don't like it I can live with a weakened side in the league cup and even the FA Cup...but this is europe ffs...we want to be in europe every season and do well. The league and europe should be our priority this season...the other 2 are opportunities to mix it up.

Our defending has been a joke all season...and it was poor again tonight.  We had a chance to put ourselves in a strong position in this group tonight and we have not taken it!

Not having a go a BR but in europe especially early on in the group in the big games you have to play your strongest 11  :mad:

Rant over!
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #454: Oct 04, 2012 10:29:28 pm
      If you bother reading the match thread most people were commending Downing and suggesting taking Henderson off and bringing Gerrard on cost us a goal is a bit rich. By then we were chasing the game and Gerrard without doubt offered much more than Henderson going forward, in fact it's hilarious I should be trying to debate the merits of Gerrard over Henderson with you. Are you really suggesting dropping Gerrard for Henderson?

Honestly in a match we played so well you decide to only post negatives, to say the tone of your posts is depressing is a compliment George.

Gerrard gave the ball away twice to help them score the third and crucial goal ?!
      I haven't suggested Henderson is better - suggesting that Henderson was having a very good game controlling the tempo of the game in the middle - when he went off the gaps in the middle were evidently clear. It was a very poor sub to make

You will have time excuse me for being negative whilst I am F***ing angry at us losing for the third game in a row at home !! The positives are currently immaterial
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #455: Oct 04, 2012 10:31:58 pm
      Not having a go a BR but in europe especially early on in the group in the big games you have to play your strongest 11  :mad:

Can't remember the last time we did play our strongest XI at this stage of the UEFA/Europa League. The team we had out tonight was more than capable of beating them IMO.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #456: Oct 04, 2012 10:33:18 pm
      Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers: "We were very, very good in the first half but we had problems in the first 15/20 minutes of the second half, when we lost concentration and became lazy and suddenly found ourselves 3-1 down. We then injected some quality into the game and got a goal back but we are just disappointed that having controlled the game for long periods we gave away such poor goals.

"I thought the team worked very well but we can't have to score three, four or five goals to win games. That is the area we have to work on. We concede goals too easily."
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #457: Oct 04, 2012 10:34:15 pm
      But we are playing very good football ATM. If we keep playing like this, we won't be losing our next 3 games. We've got everything but the points. Wouldn't be long for the points to come in I guess...
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #458: Oct 04, 2012 10:34:19 pm
      Disappointed with Borini and Assaidi tonight. Thought the rest were great. Shame Shelvey didn't put us 2-1 up.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #459: Oct 04, 2012 10:35:20 pm
      Gerrard gave the ball away twice to help them score the third and crucial goal ?!
      I haven't suggested Henderson is better - suggesting that Henderson was having a very good game controlling the tempo of the game in the middle - when he went off the gaps in the middle were evidently clear. It was a very poor sub to make

Fully agree. Was very surprised myself when it was 14 that came off. Thought it needed to be Shelvey who although I rate was having a shocker giving the ball away every pass. Gerrard has got very lazy off the ball and needs a sitter to play alongside at all times unless we are chasing the game in a last throw of the dice kinda way. At the time we were 1-1 I think and rather have am point than 0. It was just a gamble to far, especially with their quality up front. 

Quick Reply