Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Borderlands / Borderlands 2

Read 3087 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Borderlands / Borderlands 2
      Oct 05, 2012 06:10:59 pm
      These games have been briefly discussed in another thread but I thought they deserved a thread of their own.

Borderlands 2 has come out and this prompted me to finally take the wrapping off a copy of the first game that I picked up for a few quid months ago. I played it for a few nights running and loved it!
      Having been given £30 for my birthday at the end of September, I decided to plump for the 2nd in the series. So far, this has turned out to be a great decision, I love that as well!

Who else has played and/or does play the Borderlands games?

If you enjoyed the first one then the second, as far as I can tell is very very similar but with almost every aspect improved. Even CL4P-TP (clap-trap) is less annoying and this is partly due to the fact that they've made a joke of the fact that he is annoying! Even random strangers bi*ch about him :D

Borderlands 2 Review - IGN Review

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Re: Borderlands / Borderlands 2
      Reply #1: Oct 16, 2012 07:57:54 am
      Who else has played and/or does play the Borderlands games?

No one then  :laugh:
      Bier
      Reply #2: Oct 16, 2012 09:14:57 am
      I have, as you know Reprobate. Already hit level 50 a while ago, haven't played much since because of FIFA 13.

Love this game though, will go back to it at some point when some new DLC comes out. New character DLC already out.

Borderlands 2 Mechromancer Trailer
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #3: Oct 16, 2012 09:21:31 am
      New character DLC already out.

I know you can change the appearance of your character at those terminals but is it possible to switch to an entirely new character mid-game or would it mean starting over?
      Bier
      Reply #4: Oct 16, 2012 09:26:15 am
      Have to start over. Unhappy with the character you're playing? Which are you?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #5: Oct 16, 2012 09:29:48 am
      Have to start over. Unhappy with the character you're playing? Which are you?

No I'm not unhappy with it at all, it's just that I rarely play an off-line game through more than once so I'm unlikely to give the other characters much of a try.
      I went for the Commando as it seemed to be a fairly balanced, all-rounder of a character.
      Bier
      Reply #6: Oct 16, 2012 09:39:49 am
      My first is a Commando too. You only play it by yourself offline? You should do another run with another character in multiplayer coop at some point once you're done with this one, I prefer the coop over playing offline.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #7: Oct 16, 2012 09:48:25 am
      You only play it by yourself offline?
      I do play it by myself but more often than not my girlfriend joins me to play splitscreen co-op. I haven't been online with it at all yet. Non of my mates have it so I can't go online with them either.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #8: Oct 21, 2012 05:46:58 pm
      Only played the 1st one recently, took me a while to get used to the graphics, but when i did i loved them.

Very addictive game, loved upgrading weapons and the cool missions. Was let down with the ending though, that was poo.

2nd one doesnt look as good IMO.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #9: Oct 21, 2012 08:59:35 pm
      Very addictive game, loved upgrading weapons and the cool missions. Was let down with the ending though, that was poo.

2nd one doesnt look as good IMO.

I can't comment on the ending, I never got anywhere near but pretty much all critics have said that the second game is similar but better. Again, it would be wrong of me to judge that just yet but it's at least as good as the first.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #10: Apr 02, 2013 04:10:55 pm
      Had a go at the first one over the Easter break.
      Just a couple of evenings playing as Mordecai.

Good fun, although I have to remind myself not to rush to different levels once vehicles are available.
      Skag kills needed to get level ups before the harder missions.

Been using the sniper rifle for the most part, although knifing the skags makes it more interesting.
      Started using shotgun for the hideout mission because I picked up a powerful one mid mission.

Pretty bloody addictive. In a way I'm glad I don't own it as I'd be drawn in very quickly.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #11: Apr 03, 2013 03:23:13 am
      Haven't played this for ages. Me and the missus play it together so I don't want to go on it on my own as my character will level up much quicker than hers. I'll have to find time to get back on there with her, between watching Breaking Bad season 5, Boardwalk Empire and, you know... stuff.

Quick Reply