Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Referees influence games more than the players and managers

Read 19529 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Referees influence games more than the players and managers
      Reply #115: Oct 09, 2012 06:10:32 pm
      ....except for the F.A '.s very own whisky nosed Uber Meister      SAF  .
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #116: Oct 10, 2012 12:28:14 am
      I think our PR dept should start to do some serious work here and stop being the Mr. Nice Guy, we have been too quite all along and allowed whoever against the club to trample all over us and I can't take that any longer. If stud marks are truly on Suarez body, get some pictures and get someone to write an article about it for the world to see. If we can't sort out matters in a diplomatic way then it will have to be done in an ugly manner. We should ask the FA and Pulis to give an opinion on those stud marks and see who's the real diver here.

On Suarez dive, I don't think it's a dive at all, call me bias or whatever, it never looked like a dive in the first place, as I've said before it looks more like Suarez was too excited and  tried to get back on his feet too fast while his body is bending towards the ground and he fell over, simple as that and that happened to myself on numerous occassions.   
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #117: Oct 10, 2012 12:32:22 am
      I'm all in favour of players being booked for diving but only if it's rescinded by the FA when/if video evidence shows it was a foul.  This can only happen when the FA get's rid of the stupid rule where if the referee says he saw an incident the FA can do f**k all about it.

Maybe if the FA set up a panel of Referees, from all Leagues, to independantly look at all decisions from every game with a secret ballot at the end then we might start getting a non biased view of such events.

Or the FA can award or take away points based on refereeing decisions.  Wouldn't it be great to have goals from non penalties be taken away along with the points from that fixture or vice versa goals awarded when penalties weren't given and points added if it changes the results.

That would shake the game up a bit  ;D

It'll never happen of course.

It will happen one day, but that could be 23 years later when they look back and found how immoral the FA has been all these years, moreso against us.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #118: Oct 10, 2012 07:15:59 pm
      Gareth Roberts
      ‏@robbohuyton
      Anyway, here’s a fella I seen in The Paddock. As you do, like. pic.twitter.com/tipH90Lq

A strapped on helmet camera!

I pulled this from the "Anfield Problem" thread. This sounds crazy, but I wonder if refs should have some sort of camera attached to them not unlike this. That way, we can see what they see during the match and then we know whether their view on plays gives insight into their calls.

Ok, I'll shut up now ;D
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #119: Oct 10, 2012 08:13:31 pm
      I pulled this from the "Anfield Problem" thread. This sounds crazy, but I wonder if refs should have some sort of camera attached to them not unlike this. That way, we can see what they see during the match and then we know whether their view on plays gives insight into their calls.

Ok, I'll shut up now ;D

Put an offical with instant replay up in a booth watching for things like egregious penalties/diving (not offisides etc) and give him the power to call out offenders yellow/red.

A lot of the issues would go away.
      TheSturridgeShake
      • Forum Dean Saunders
      • Started Topic

• 61 posts | 20 
      • JFT96 <3
      Reply #120: Oct 11, 2012 04:57:50 pm
      Put an offical with instant replay up in a booth watching for things like egregious penalties/diving (not offisides etc) and give him the power to call out offenders yellow/red.

A lot of the issues would go away.

Won't happen whilst United have a board member within the FA.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #121: Oct 11, 2012 06:12:00 pm
      Nothing will work as long as Ferguson is alive, the current board of referees remain and the FA being Manc-loving and afraid of Ferguson.

Mike Riley being the head who assigns referees to matches is says it all.

Quick Reply