Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your LFC MotM?

Wisdom
      (26.5%)
      Allen
      (4.4%)
      Sahin
      (4.4%)
      Suarez
      (33.8%)
      Sterling
      (8.8%)
      Suso
      (2.9%)
      Agger
      (19.1%)

Liverpool 0-0 Stoke Rugby Team - In-game & post-match frustration

Read 33925 times
      PG LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      • JFT96
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Stoke Rugby Team - In-game & post-match frustration
      Reply #529: Oct 07, 2012 09:07:48 pm
      I watched the stampede on Suarez and thought to myself that he'll leave and get out of England as soon as he can . No player as good as suarez can keep taking that abuse from players and knowing that the refs are turning a blind eye to it .

Agreed!!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #530: Oct 07, 2012 09:18:33 pm
      The title of the thread is very unfair on rugby. Some rugby teams play brilliant attacking stylish skillful rugby, where as stoke are just shitkickers
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #531: Oct 07, 2012 11:20:52 pm
      Ok, if that idiot Pulis wanna start a fight here then we would like the FA to view how Huth stamped on Suarez and see which is worst. We may call Suarez a cheat in that incident and what will we call Huth's stamp on Suarez then? I can't think of a term yet. I find some similiarities between sir alex slur and this pulis fellow. After each game irrespective of whether they lose or won, they can always find something to complaint about. Looks like a perfect candidate to replace sir alex slur.

In fact, i don't think it is a dive at all, if Suarez intend it as a dive then he's really silly. Actually, I can understand the situation well, that happened to me at times, after loosing possession, I tried to get up as fast as possible to regain possession but because I'm bending forward the weigh of my body caused me to fall flat on the ground again instead of getting up from the ground as I don't have strong footing yet on the ground.

I notice when Stevie is in possession, Suarez moved forward, no one else moved in tandem into the box, that gives Stoke's defence an easy time, just need to make sure enough bodies around Suarez to take care of the threat. If we had, say 2 more players inside their box, it'll take away some attention from Suarez or it may create an opening or two for others.

For a start we need to get others more involved in the opposition box and not stay out of an attack and leave it all to Stevie and Suarez.

We have Reading next and I'm afraid we are going to see the same tactics all over again and BR must have a plan to counter that? If we're going to have plenty of bodies inside the box to prevent us from scoring and we struggle to find the openings why not try as many shots as possible from outside the box. need to do some intensive training on that, the ball may hit someone's knee, head, ankle shoulder or whatever and deflect into goal, and how many times we saw that happened to the scums.

On the positive side, very happy with the performance of the younger players.
      « Last Edit: Oct 07, 2012 11:47:56 pm by redkop63 »
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #532: Oct 07, 2012 11:29:15 pm
      i hate stoke with a passion, they dont try to play football and they wont let you either. They dont play to win since their main philosophy is not to lose. 
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #533: Oct 08, 2012 12:15:21 am
      Stoke just played like an aggressive rugby team. cant believe Tony Pulis had the cheek to pull up Suarez for cheating what a c**t. still thought we would of got the 3 points, Suso played well and we could of been better finishing chances. i never expected an open game stoke dont come to play football just glad noone got injured.
      Epicthunder
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 206 posts | -1 
      Reply #534: Oct 08, 2012 12:21:32 am
      6 yellow cards were dished out to them, F***ing unbelievable! someone needs to tell Tony that is not how professional football is played.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #535: Oct 08, 2012 12:23:46 am
      What a disgrace to the football profession Stoke is they are killing the beutiful game. We created more than enough to take all 3 points tonight some dissapointing perfromances from the likes of Stevie I questioned from the beginning as to why him and Sahin did not reverse roles. Some commendable performances from our defense who was immense all 4 of them and Pepe too.

As for the Suarez "dive" the only thing that was embarrassing about it was the commentator saying he should be "ashamed" of himself, this after the man has been prosecuted, shamed, labelled in the public eye and assaulted on the pitch twice in the last 2 weeks. This a bellened commentator saying he should be ashamed an icon of our club being ousted and the word "ashamed" associated with our club this after 23 years of lies and shame from all corners looking to taint our club. That particular icident there was initial contact from Wilson and Wellbeck was rewarded a penalty a few weeks ago for a worse dive yet nobody said a peep, nor did they say a peep when Suarez was clipped by Wilson earlier on in the match and stayed on his feet.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #536: Oct 08, 2012 12:47:26 am
      I agree with Rodgers about Stoke. They play physical, so what. Huth should get sanctioned for the stamp pure and simple. It was clear cut.
      I think Stoke are less dangerous to the game than Abramovic, Mansour. The concentration of football talent into the richest teams like Madrid, City,.. who are producing  nothing themselves, is staggering. The bottom teams cannot compete on any level. Teams will have to do something else, but evenif they produce wonderful footballers like Ajax., they just sell them anyway. NO one is going to buy Pulis' players. Having said that, I could never watch Stoke. Even if we are playing them, I turn off the TV when Stoke have the ball. As for Stoke having 58% of the ball. The stats people must reason that if the ball goes into the air it is technically a Stoke ball.

We probably need to get more goals! It would be good to get a Maxi or Kuyt like player who ghosts in and gets the final touch. Maybe Sahin is this type of player
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #537: Oct 08, 2012 01:13:13 am
      Quote from whyohwhyohwhy
      The gobs***e Pulis airs his thoughts:

Pulis on Suarez going down in the area: "Retrospective decisions are made on a Monday and Luis Suarez should be punished....

I'll print this like the old vidiprinter:

Stoke had 6 [SIX] yellow cards.
      Liverpool had 0.

This is a team whose players put those of other clubs in hospital. Who is he to suggest any footballer of another club be punished?
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #538: Oct 08, 2012 01:33:14 am
      Another typical day at the office.Liverpool dominate the game,Hit the post a few times,Have decisions go against us and come out of it without getting all 3 points.First off i think Gerrard and Sahin couldn't dominate the game the way they have in the last few and Gerrard in particular was particularly poor.

Suarez was the same as always a dazzling run from halfway jinked past three defenders and went from Messi to Heskey as soon as he got in the box.We have no one to score the goals and it is unfair to place the whole burden on him but we need the likes of Borini,Sterling,Gerrard,Shelvey,Suso and Assaidi to start chiping in and bit by bit im confident we will start going in the right direction.

Again i'm not comfortable wit Pepe playing short passes through the middle. Nuri Sahin almost cost us the game when he tried to return it to Pepe but left it short for Adam who showed us exactly why we sold him when he fluffed a sitter.It's like deja-vu from last season except for the fact that it is obvious we are actually moving forward this season.

Gutted about the result and the fact we have to wait 2 weeks for the next game.Oh and Tony Pulis is a c**t singling out Suarez when his own player assaulted him in the first half.Has it really come to that in this country ? When a dive fgets 10 minutes of air time on MOTD and Huth's stamp is barely mentioned ???
      canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #539: Oct 08, 2012 02:02:38 am
      Stoke are a disgrace to the premier league,thug like tactics proof 6 yellow cards.No wonder saurez gets pissed all the abuse he takes. Its about time pulis gets reprimanded by the FA.Soccer has much more voilence than when stanley mathews was playing.But we do need a clinical finisher in transfer window in january. Dont think carrol will improve at west ham. If ba comes available do a straight swap ba for carrol.
      EverReddy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      • Men of Shankly's Best
      Reply #540: Oct 08, 2012 02:19:21 am
      A very frustrating game to watch indeed, I think again the Ref needed to go to specsavers, we just arent getting anything these days.

I was in the Main Stand today, and I must say a lot of the build up play was good, but the minute we got near the box, we seemed bereft of ideas and that was if there was anyone in the box!!!.

Gerrard stood on the ball at one point looking for someone to make a run..it didnt happen.

I agree - MOTD showed several clips where Stoke had about 5 men in their box and we had one.

Keeping a clean sheet is all well and good but I'd rather a repeat of Norwich where we may have let in two goals but we scroed FIVE! Besides, keeping a clean sheet against a side that doesn't even try to win may not be entirely to our credit. They knew our tactics and set out to undermine us in every possible dirty way (five yellow cards) and, the sad thing is, it worked.

Having siad all that, I do think we will get better and really start to hammer the opposition. Let's hope the match against Reading sees more accuracy and forward movement. We have the skill and the passion. We deserve to win.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #541: Oct 08, 2012 02:31:39 am
      I agree with Rodgers about Stoke. They play physical, so what. Huth should get sanctioned for the stamp pure and simple. It was clear cut.
      I think Stoke are less dangerous to the game than Abramovic, Mansour. The concentration of football talent into the richest teams like Madrid, City,.. who are producing  nothing themselves, is staggering. The bottom teams cannot compete on any level. Teams will have to do something else, but evenif they produce wonderful footballers like Ajax., they just sell them anyway. NO one is going to buy Pulis' players. Having said that, I could never watch Stoke. Even if we are playing them, I turn off the TV when Stoke have the ball. As for Stoke having 58% of the ball. The stats people must reason that if the ball goes into the air it is technically a Stoke ball.

We probably need to get more goals! It would be good to get a Maxi or Kuyt like player who ghosts in and gets the final touch. Maybe Sahin is this type of player

The posession stats are wrong. It was something like 62-38 in our favor.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #542: Oct 08, 2012 03:23:10 am

Thats straight out of the Pulis "how to play someone thats better than you" playbook.  he knew exaclty what he was doing. Takes a look out of the corner of his eye too. C**t.

Ofc the FA will blatantly ignore it because it was against public enemy number 1.

fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #543: Oct 08, 2012 05:32:23 am
      6 yellow cards were dished out to them, f**king unbelievable! someone needs to tell Tony that is not how professional football is played.

They were F***ing lucky to get away with that. Huth should've seen red and that sh*t kicker on the left should've been booked and that's off the top of my head. Hate these cu*ts
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #544: Oct 08, 2012 07:38:42 am
       The only thing we can do about Pullis and Huth is to get Rep to get a a few of his mates from the Stoke area and sort the 2 basta*ds out.Might even send Huyton Red down there to give Rep a hand. :f_steam:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #545: Oct 08, 2012 08:20:08 am
      Sadly at the moment we are like a boxer that has all the moves but can't punch. I still believe it is quality players that win games not the system. The system should be there to get the best out of the players not expecting the system to win the f**king games.

For me at the moment the system is not getting the best out of the team or the individual players, that may come but we need more quality if it is ever to amount to anything significant. Barca are a good side because they have top class players, not because they play tiki taki.

We are an average side getting average results because we have too many players who are either not quite ready (but hopefully soon will be) or that just aren't good enough. We don't have the necessary strength in depth, we don't have the necessary options and we don't have the necessary quality where we need it most... up front. Suarez is doing an incredible job of creating and scoring, but he can't do it all on his own.

No secret that I don't believe in tiki taki. I believe in quality players playing in a system that brings out their quality whether that be tiki taki, 4-4-2 or the old WM system , not shoehorning players into a system that may not suit them in the vain hope that it might be a cheap solution. 
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #546: Oct 08, 2012 08:34:48 am
      For me at the moment the system is not getting the best out of the team or the individual players, that may come but we need more quality if it is ever to amount to anything significant. Barca are a good side because they have top class players, not because they play tiki taki.

We are an average side getting average results because we have too many players who are either not quite ready (but hopefully soon will be) or that just aren't good enough. We don't have the necessary strength in depth, we don't have the necessary options and we don't have the necessary quality where we need it most... up front. Suarez is doing an incredible job of creating and scoring, but he can't do it all on his own.

Yip, pretty much nail on the head for me s@int. I wrote, a few weeks back, that until our current crop get 'the system' we can't expect to be any better than Swansea were last season and until we sign 'better' players we can't expect 'the system' to take us to the next level (Champions League and beyond).

A system will only take you so far - quality players will take you further.

Having said that we must be patient (we have no F***ing choice) and ride out the bad times in the hope that the system clicks and FSG give the nod to sign better players, (starting with a striker or three), come January.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #547: Oct 08, 2012 08:38:15 am
      Agree with the most of what Bad boy and saint above posted but I think we are a better than average side that is missing the real cutting edge needed to close out games.

Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #548: Oct 08, 2012 08:56:18 am
       Only watched the highlights but it seemed a typical Stoke game, it looked as if we handled them quite well and never let them intimidate us physically, gave the ball away a bit to much but thankfully it did not cost us

All in all I am quite happy with a point against Stoke at this moment, whatever people think about Stoke and their style of play they are a good team who play to their strengths   

I hope the FA will be looking a Huth,he should get a ban for stamping on Luis

I also agree with Pulis that Luis should get a ban for trying to cheat
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #549: Oct 08, 2012 08:59:35 am
      Agree with the most of what Bad boy and saint above posted but I think we are a better than average side that is missing the real cutting edge needed to close out games.

Currently I'm seeing the same problems as last season - finishing chances off. Our creativity is coming from more than one player now though but our backline looks suspect. We do have talent and with Lucas coming back that should hopefully shore up the back. Just need to get someone to put the ball in the net
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #550: Oct 08, 2012 09:07:05 am
      The only thing we can do about Pullis and Huth is to get Rep to get a a few of his mates from the Stoke area and sort the 2 basta*ds out.Might even send Huyton Red down there to give Rep a hand. :f_steam:

Can I come ?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #551: Oct 08, 2012 09:08:49 am
      Agree with the most of what Bad boy and saint above posted but I think we are a better than average side

We have better than average players Si and many of them, of that I have no doubt but at the minute (and until they click in 'the system') we are not a better than average side. I'll try to explain this in my own form of logic; it may be difficult but humour me:

If we believe in 'the system' (and only that) then we must concede that, until we are playing it to it's optimum, we can't expect to do any better than a Swansea team which knew the system inside out. The system took those players, that team, to eleventh in the League.

What will take us to higher, therefore, can not be the system but rather the quality of players we have at our disposal. Now I happen to believe that we have better quality players than Swansea so, when we eventually do get 'it', naturally we can expect to achieve more.

Logic would surely dictate that, if we then want to move to the next level, we will need even more better quality players. It must follow then that 'the system' (any system) will only take you so far - a better stamp of quality players will take you further.

This journey (Champions League and title) will take as long or as short as it takes us to get enough top quality players into the team to lift 'the system' further. Sadly that much is not in our gift... patience and loyalty is.

Quick Reply