Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your LFC MotM?

Wisdom
      (26.5%)
      Allen
      (4.4%)
      Sahin
      (4.4%)
      Suarez
      (33.8%)
      Sterling
      (8.8%)
      Suso
      (2.9%)
      Agger
      (19.1%)

Liverpool 0-0 Stoke Rugby Team - In-game & post-match frustration

Read 34237 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,788 posts | 573 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Stoke Rugby Team - In-game & post-match frustration
      Reply #552: Oct 08, 2012 09:27:18 am
      Of course the only thing being shown on SKY is Luis dive...
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #553: Oct 08, 2012 09:31:17 am
      Gerrard and Sahin should have started in each other positions

Sahin has banged in a few goals from his great positioning. I guess the manager thought switching them up, will make Sahin score more goals.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #554: Oct 08, 2012 09:32:24 am

Also headline news too.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #555: Oct 08, 2012 09:36:35 am
      As for the Suarez "dive" the only thing that was embarrassing about it was the commentator saying he should be "ashamed" of himself, this after the man has been prosecuted, shamed, labelled in the public eye and assaulted on the pitch twice in the last 2 weeks.

That's absolutley right - Suarez should be ashamed of himself for such a blatant dive. And so should all the other players that try to gain an unfair advantage. He's no special case, none of them are, you dive, you're cheating.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #556: Oct 08, 2012 09:39:45 am
      As bad as that stat for Gerrard giving away possession reads it should also be noted that he created the most chances for us too.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #557: Oct 08, 2012 09:45:05 am
      Depending on you Skip.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #558: Oct 08, 2012 09:55:30 am
      Any sign of Huth?? I mean he really put his stamp on the game, any word about the six yellows collected by Stoke and none by us??
      People can talk all day about the need for a striker, boosting our attack options blah blah, when a Stevie Wonder impersonator is refereeing it doesn't matter - Stoke make up for their lack of talent by kicking the F**k out of anything that moves in sight of their goal (''in sight'' and ''Stevie Wonder'' being the conundrum can you join the dots??) 
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #559: Oct 08, 2012 10:43:34 am
      For those that haven't seen it.
      Joe Cole's shot:

John Smiths Advert Featuring Peter Kay (4)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #560: Oct 08, 2012 10:51:10 am
      If Suarez gets a 3 match ban for diving can Stoke get a 3 match ban from Anfield ?, the nastiest most unpleasant shower of tw*ts I've seen at Anfield apart from Chelsea,manure,leeds etc.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #561: Oct 08, 2012 11:06:50 am
      FREE THE THOG ONE!

Turgid afternoon. No point in whingeing about it. They came for a point. We had to break them down. We couldn't, and if Charlie Adam was a better footballer, there'd be another defeat to whinge about.

It's going to take time. We might regain the perch. It might never work. That's football. That's life. And life and a baldy woman's hair is never ever fair.

Get used to it.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #562: Oct 08, 2012 12:09:42 pm
      The only way to beat Stoke is to play them at their own game which is launch the F***ing ball long into thier box,no point trying to play a game of football.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #563: Oct 08, 2012 12:11:02 pm
      Am I the only one that does not thin suarez's dive was that bad, he did et kicked first again, problem was he went down
      too late after getting getting kicked and it was he worst looking fall ever.

He stayed on his feet before that and got kicked, but got nothing.

He can't win.

Stoke are thugs as described above. We dealt with them quite well, and we should have won,.

This home form will work.
      redman2907
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 13 
      Reply #564: Oct 08, 2012 12:14:34 pm
      We always seem to struggle against stoke but yesterday it was clear only one team really wanted to win it and hitting the post 4 times in the game shows it was clearly us that deserved the 3 points. Since the first game of the season v west brom its clear to me slowly but surely BR ways are starting to work with us,we are right up there as the best footballing\passing side in the country. We may lack a little cutting edge at the minute and once we cut out the silly mistakes we will be fine. Its going to take time to get back to where we want to be but we all need to have patience. Along the way we will have bad and frustrating results but we will also have some great ones to.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #565: Oct 08, 2012 12:17:17 pm

Hahaha nice one Racer, spot on that.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #566: Oct 08, 2012 12:26:47 pm
      We need a massive improvement after yesterday's peformance, Gerrard and Suarez ended up spending most of the second half trying to go for a pen and I still haven't got a F***ing clue what Brendan was doing yesterday bringing on Cole, sorry but he isn't fit enough or good enough anymore to be playing for us. Stoke are like the modern day Wimbledon, so knew exactly how they'd play and the longer the game went on, the more Stoke were happy with a point. Referee was a shitbag in the first half when he left Stoke get away with an awful lot. Can't be arsed moaning about Suarez's dive, he's always going to do it and don't think he'll ever change, the same could be said for Robert Huth, he's always been a dog, so I don't expect him to change much and doesn't surprise me the media are only looking at one incident, most of the retards who listen to the media are like lap dogs anyway, so there are going to be even more retarded views about Suarez. We're still missing a goalscorer though.

:f_wah:Absolutely right BIG EARS he ain't got a plan B never has and never will  Opposition soon sus out that's  all you can do is pass it about so up they're game and pressure you in to making mistakes and losing the ball. Sorry to say I've seen it so many times in the past with BR it will get more boring as the weeks go bye I can guarantee you that

And the same from the Udinese game:

:f_steam: Same old story no plan B can't change anything s he doesn't know how I did warn you it's not going to get better believe me!

Has Brendan being shagging your missus or something? F**k sake lad stop being a moaning bi*ch and get behind the manager, you've only made about four F***ing posts so how the F**k did you warn us? Either get behind the manager and team or F**k off!! Simples.

And that's from one of Rafa's biggest fans!! 
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #567: Oct 08, 2012 12:49:15 pm

Nothing on the news about this?

Suarez didn't cover himself in glory, but at least there was some initial contact.

Bale does this far too often but nothing gets said.
      sabbath
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #568: Oct 08, 2012 12:49:39 pm
      Suarez does himself no favours at all.  That dive yesterday was both pathetic and embarrassing.  His timing couldn't have been worse either.  To do that now when the media were finally starting to come onto his side was just plain daft.

There's the excuse now for the next ten penalty's not going his way.  Wrongly of course, but that's just the way the British media work.  All the good work done by Rodgers and Luis himself, undo with one stupid dive.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #569: Oct 08, 2012 12:52:27 pm
      Suarez does himself no favours at all.  That dive yesterday was both pathetic and embarrassing.  His timing couldn't have been worse either.  To do that now when the media were finally starting to come onto his side was just plain daft.

There's the excuse now for the next ten penalty's not going his way.  Wrongly of course, but that's just the way the British media work.  All the good work done by Rodgers and Luis himself, undo with one stupid dive.

Swab's just made a good point though, that little sheep-shagger Bale does it week in and week out and F**k all gets said about that chimp-boy. When you compare the way media go after Suarez it's starting to look a bit sinister!
      sabbath
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #570: Oct 08, 2012 12:57:46 pm
      Swab's just made a good point though, that little sheep-shagger Bale does it week in and week out and f**k all gets said about that chimp-boy. When you compare the way media go after Suarez it's starting to look a bit sinister!

Expecting a British player to be treated the same way by their media is foolhardy.  We all know Welbeck, Bale, Young, Rooney and even Gerrard are a lot worse for diving then Suarez

The only way he can get around this xenophobia is by being squeaky clean.  Yesterday he loaded the gun for them.  Pissed me right off tbh.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #571: Oct 08, 2012 01:01:16 pm
      Expecting a British player to be treated the same way by their media is foolhardy.  We all know Welbeck, Bale, Young, Rooney and even Gerrard are a lot worse for diving then Suarez

The only way he can get around this xenophobia is by being squeaky clean.  Yesterday he loaded the gun for them.  Pissed me right off tbh.

Desperation that though, the longer the game wore on, you could see what was happening.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #572: Oct 08, 2012 01:02:51 pm
      F***ing gutted with that result.

Stoke are a bunch of dirty cu*ts with at least 2 of their players should have been given Red cards. Dirty Bus parking, unimaginative fuckers.  :mad: :mad: :mad:

In the end I was pretty distraught but funnily enough I was consoled by the small fact that they didn't nick one at the end. Think if that had happened, I'd be needing a new TV.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #573: Oct 08, 2012 01:04:25 pm
      F***ing gutted with that result.

Stoke are a bunch of dirty cu*ts with at least 2 of their players should have been given Red cards. Dirty Bus parking, unimaginative fuckers.  :mad: :mad: :mad:

In the end I was pretty distraught but funnily enough I was consoled by the small fact that they didn't nick one at the end. Think if that had happened, I'd be needing a new TV.

Ha ha ha that was the only positive I could find yesterday, we finally kept a clean sheet!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #574: Oct 08, 2012 01:09:32 pm
      If Suarez gets a 3 match ban for diving can Stoke get a 3 match ban from Anfield ?, the nastiest most unpleasant shower of tw*ts I've seen at Anfield apart from Chelsea,manure,leeds etc.
      Luis get a 3 match ban for diving?? Any reciprocal action for questionable conduct in that game would of course entail an examination of the rugby tactics employed by Stoke.
      Describing their gameplan in such a way is not really a viable analogy when the action's of Huth are taken into account, the fact that stamping on an opposing player's chest on a rugby field would result in the offending player being sent off invalidates the analogy.
      If any action were taken against Suarez it should take into account the barbaric conduct metered out by the Stoke bullies throughout the game with Luis the preferred target, the visually impaired referee allowed Stoke to kick seven bells out of him all day.
      How was he to respond?
      Slap one of his tormenters?
      Remonstrate with the officials?
      Get carried off with a serious injury?
      React in kind and kick the sh*t out of a Stoke scrum half?
      None of the above, he endeavoured to show the piss take of a referee that the tackles on him were highly questionable and to highlight the fact exaggerated one particular over physical challenge - which once again had been ignored.
      Atrocious refereeing was again our undoing with Stoke being allowed to practice their game ruining plan of not playing to win, while this situation prevails football is the loser.

Quick Reply