Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your LFC MotM?

Wisdom
      (26.5%)
      Allen
      (4.4%)
      Sahin
      (4.4%)
      Suarez
      (33.8%)
      Sterling
      (8.8%)
      Suso
      (2.9%)
      Agger
      (19.1%)

Liverpool 0-0 Stoke Rugby Team - In-game & post-match frustration

Read 34122 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Stoke Rugby Team - In-game & post-match frustration
      Reply #575: Oct 08, 2012 01:18:47 pm
      When you compare the way media go after Suarez it's starting to look a bit sinister!

F***ing starting to?

Annoyed me the way he's gave everybody bullets to fire though, played right into the FA's and the media's hands. For me both are still punishing us for the Suarez/lying c**t Evra affair.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #576: Oct 08, 2012 01:23:58 pm
      F***ing starting to?

Annoyed me the way he's gave everybody bullets to fire though, played right into the FA's and the media's hands. For me both are still punishing us for the Suarez/lying c**t Evra affair.

Ha ha good shout that.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #577: Oct 08, 2012 01:24:03 pm
      Almost two weeks till our next game, always better when we win before international breaks as otherwise it can be quite depressing.

Thought Suarez was a little silly to dive yesterday when we were just getting a little pressure applied to the referees to start giving us a fair crack of the whip. Now he is back to being the F.A.'s whipping boy, and Pullis is using him to take the scrutiny away from his dirty shithouse team and Huth's disgraceful stamp. 
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,866 posts | 165 
      Reply #578: Oct 08, 2012 01:26:37 pm
      If the F.A are going to start banning players for diving, then they can't single one player out, there are numerous players with a History for it, Bale, Young, Wellbeck for example, ban 1 ban them all, will soon stop, also Huth should be banned, no way was that stamp accidental, he has a history of this kind of thuggish behaviour.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #579: Oct 08, 2012 01:29:56 pm
      F***ing starting to?

Said as much in his player thread yesterday Stuey.  Typical English mentality towards racism - Luis (a foreigner) still being slated, John Terry (ex England Captain) being hailed the hero.

As HR posted - it's sinister.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #580: Oct 08, 2012 01:38:46 pm
      Think Mr P is doing Slur Alex's dirty work for him deflecting the talk of a ban for Van Persie for his flying elbows.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #581: Oct 08, 2012 04:18:49 pm
      We played well and were unlucky not to get the 3 points.  Stoke were lucky not to have at least one player see red as they made at least 10 challenges that were bookable, and at least 2-3 that were studs up and possibly worthy of a straight red. 

Suarez's dive was poorly timed.  Had he gone down under the initial contact (his foot was kicked) he may not have gotten the peno, but the fallout from the dive he took wouldn't be surrounding him again.  It is unfortunate though..... kicking an opponent in the ankles, cutting him down from behind, and stamping on his chest is cheating just the same as diving.  If the referee had made a point to protect Luis from the repeated physical abuse he took then he likely wouldn't have even had to take a dive because we would have been playing against 9 men with 30 minutes to play!!

I am happy with the progress the team is making, and it is great seeing Suso, Sterling, and Wisdom playing so well in the 1st team.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #582: Oct 08, 2012 04:25:16 pm
      Have to take the positives out of the game especially the young lads . It so f***in obvious we need another striker though in games against non imaginative teams like stoke

Ynwa
      waz112003
      • Banned

• 70 posts |
      Reply #583: Oct 08, 2012 04:34:46 pm
      I think its disappointing & frustrating that we have dropped 2 points against Stoke City at Anfield. The young players have been brilliant so far but the experience players must come out & raise their games. As you know the calendar year began we have only won 2 games at Anfield which is absolutely disgrace. It needs to be change starting against Reading cos we are dropping far to many points at Anfield which we need to make Anfield fortress again. The postive from the game was we kept a clean sheet so it's a benchmark for the start... Tony Pullis is coming out & saying to FA to ban Luis Suarez for diving but why isn't he saying about his player Robert Huth's disgraceful stamp on Luis Suarez? 
      « Last Edit: Oct 08, 2012 04:47:42 pm by waz112003 »
      Tadders

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #584: Oct 08, 2012 05:02:42 pm
      I think its disappointing & frustrating that we have dropped 2 points against Stoke City at Anfield. The young players have been brilliant so far but the experience players must come out & raise their games. As you know the calendar year began we have only won 2 games at Anfield which is absolutely disgrace. It needs to be change starting against Reading cos we are dropping far to many points at Anfield which we need to make Anfield fortress again. The postive from the game was we kept a clean sheet so it's a benchmark for the start... Tony Pullis is coming out & saying to FA to ban Luis Suarez for diving but why isn't he saying about his player Robert Huth's disgraceful stamp on Luis Suarez? 
      Because he is an uneducated, biased F***ing idiot. He has no class or grace and employs giant thugs to win points away from home, I would rather shoot myself than support that shower of sh*te, Its just disappointing that we couldn't nick a really dodgy penalty to give them as much pain as we are in....
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #585: Oct 08, 2012 05:07:26 pm
      I've just read the the FA will not be taking any action against Huth because the ref saw the incident and decided it didn't warrant action. Just what offence does require action if not a stamp on someone that leaves stud marks?

HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #586: Oct 08, 2012 05:11:26 pm
      I've just read the the FA will not be taking any action against Huth because the ref saw the incident and decided it didn't warrant action. Just what offence does require action if not a stamp on someone that leaves stud marks?

That's F***ing shocking how Lee Mason saw it and didn't act.

Just to rub salt into the wound, I can see Luis getting a retrospective ban.  :roll:
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #587: Oct 08, 2012 05:24:04 pm
      MotM poll added.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #588: Oct 08, 2012 06:26:53 pm
      The Reds drew Rafa BeniĆ­tez's penultimate home game against the Potters 0-0. Kenny Dalglish's final Anfield encounter with Tony Pulis' men ended 0-0. And now Brendan Rodgers has continued that pattern. (Roy Hodgson only faced Stoke away, and his side lost 2-0.)

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/tomkins-culture-bright-futures

It's Stoke and it happens, Man City also drew with them at home.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #589: Oct 08, 2012 06:40:39 pm
      The Reds drew Rafa BeniĆ­tez's penultimate home game against the Potters 0-0. Kenny Dalglish's final Anfield encounter with Tony Pulis' men ended 0-0. And now Brendan Rodgers has continued that pattern. (Roy Hodgson only faced Stoke away, and his side lost 2-0.)

I can accept the score line like most of us,but what isn't so easy to accept is some of the decisions against us this season,all I have heard all bloody day from all points of the media is suarez's dive,yes it was embarrassing ( I don't need some c**t like pulis telling me when is whole team were an embarrassment).
      Not once has bales dive been mentioned  nor cries for him to banned.All we ask for as a team and supporters is a fair crack of the whip,something we just aren't getting.
      Tadders

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #590: Oct 08, 2012 07:13:48 pm

no they didn't Man City were away which is more acceptable....
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #591: Oct 08, 2012 07:51:47 pm
      Voted Suarez m.o.t.m but I thought Agger and Wisdom were almost as impressive.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #592: Oct 08, 2012 08:01:44 pm
      Would have been great to get the win but Stoke are just one of those teams. Very happy we kept a clean sheet. To not give up a sh*t goal is the best thing that could happen for the confidence of our back five.

That being said, we created almost as a team. There was one moment where after some amazing work on the left flank I think it was, a teasing cross was put in and no one was anywhere near the six yard box.

For christ's sake, football is so simple at times. Ideology is beautiful and can get you in to good attacking positions a number of different ways, but you can notice that the top top teams (like both Manc sides, Chelsea, etc etc) always have 3 or more men in the box. Rebounds, loose balls, it seems there's always a chance that someone could capitalize on them. I screamed at my computer screen at 7 am while everyone in my house was asleep because of this. Unbelievable at times.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #593: Oct 08, 2012 08:14:44 pm
      Said as much in his player thread yesterday Stuey.  Typical English mentality towards racism - Luis (a foreigner) still being slated, John Terry (ex England Captain) being hailed the hero.

As HR posted - it's sinister.

Fair shout like besides the Stuey bit, my name's Dave.

Just for future reference like Cas.

;)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #594: Oct 08, 2012 08:24:02 pm
      Fair shout like besides the Stuey bit, my name's Dave.

Just for future reference like Cas.

;)
      I was saying nothin mate it was a good shout.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #595: Oct 08, 2012 08:49:18 pm
      Still gutted we didn't get one over on the anti-football trogs.  Even more incensed by the comments from Pulis and Huth not getting a ban.  So we castigate talent and it's frailties but we are absolutely fine with blatant assault on the pitch.  If Huth had done that to me, I'd be seeing him in the dock.

Well pleased with the clean sheet and voted Luis MOTM largely due to the sad comments by Pulis.

Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #596: Oct 08, 2012 09:10:45 pm
      Voted Suarez just to piss Stoke fans off who look at this.
      PG LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      • JFT96
      Reply #597: Oct 08, 2012 09:21:01 pm

Agreed, was thinking tho how many players would be available for selection if all 'simulation' was met with a 3 match ban...could make for a very surreal season  :lmao:

Quick Reply