Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your LFC MotM?

Wisdom
      (26.5%)
      Allen
      (4.4%)
      Sahin
      (4.4%)
      Suarez
      (33.8%)
      Sterling
      (8.8%)
      Suso
      (2.9%)
      Agger
      (19.1%)

Liverpool 0-0 Stoke Rugby Team - In-game & post-match frustration

Read 34121 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Stoke Rugby Team - In-game & post-match frustration
      Reply #598: Oct 08, 2012 10:27:43 pm
      Fair shout like besides the Stuey bit, my name's Dave.

Just for future reference like Cas.

;)

Oops soz Dave  :-[
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #599: Oct 08, 2012 10:33:22 pm
      That's absolutley right - Suarez should be ashamed of himself for such a blatant dive. And so should all the other players that try to gain an unfair advantage. He's no special case, none of them are, you dive, you're cheating.

I am not saying Suarez did the right thing. I am referring to the "special case" as you say treatment that Suarez and this club receives from the media and the FA. The word "ashamed" is a kick in the guts considering the blatant lies that were hidden for 23 years and the blatant lies last season that gave Luis an unjust label he will wear for the rest of his career and life.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #600: Oct 08, 2012 11:29:36 pm
      IMO I think we would have gone on to get a winner if BR hadn't put Cole on for Suso, Suso was ghosting past players with ease by drifting inside and when Cole came on he again showed that he is 5 years past it. Personally think we created a lot less when he came on.
      PG LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      • JFT96
      Reply #601: Oct 08, 2012 11:36:26 pm
      IMO I think we would have gone on to get a winner if BR hadn't put Cole on for Suso, Suso was ghosting past players with ease by drifting inside and when Cole came on he again showed that he is 5 years past it. Personally think we created a lot less when he came on.

It did seem to change for the worse, I don't know if he was looking after the boy but he must be match fit, I know Cole says he wants to stay ... but I don't see it IMHO.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #602: Oct 08, 2012 11:49:43 pm
      Lost the will to post just lately given our struggles so far this season. Not much to take form the game other than getting our first clean sheet of the season. From box to box the football was once again very good to watch but we never truly looked liked scoring did we. Once the game got to 70 minutes I thought there's no way we're scoring here and i'm guessing I wasn't the only one. The fact Rodgers only made one sub is a worry and makes you wonder how he regards the quality of the squad because it doesn't send out a vote of confidence to the players on the bench.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #603: Oct 09, 2012 12:21:38 am
      Still can't get my head round why Brendan though cole was the best option available to him at that stage of the game ?
       As for Pullis, what a disgrace, if he was coaching kids to play like that, he would be banned from football, full stop.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #604: Oct 09, 2012 01:30:29 am
      When you play a team like Stoke what Brendan needed and did not get was for our players to get a bit of protection when fouled, the number of times Stoke were allowed to get away with downright thuggery went beyond the pale, it went on until Stevie G shouted at Mason to do his job after that he used the book but by then Stoke had got away with murder and all they had to do was put the bus across the goal and hope, Mason should be put 4 divisions down if he thinks his job was done right, can you imagine him reffing in Spain, they would hang him from the nearest tree.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #605: Oct 09, 2012 11:12:07 am

Gotto agree here, Cole looked lost on the pitch and on numerous occassions paused and not sure what to do next with the ball. perhaps, BR was trying to get Cole to make those defence splitting passes but if he has not been playing with the 1st team of late, can't expect that to happen.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #606: Oct 09, 2012 11:16:34 am
      Freaking hate Stoke and that b***ard Pulis with his bi*ch cap.

And as usual, media quickly highlights Suarez's dive but no one said anything when Valencia dove to win the penalty and other players doing them every other week.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #607: Oct 09, 2012 11:24:01 am
      Stoke is going to play the same way in the next 10 years if Pulllis is still around, there's nothing we can do to stop them from playing the way they do. Might as well start working on plan B to give them a taste of their own medicine, let's turn some of our lads into burly and rugby like players and give them a shock.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #608: Oct 11, 2012 12:05:13 am
      Rodgers hoping that he'd do a good job so he could sell him on in january. 80-90k pw saved in wages and a few £ towards a striker.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #609: Oct 11, 2012 04:01:06 am
      I like it how Jim Boyce goes on and on about how diving is the 'cancer' of the game and singles out Luis Suarez as a cheat.

But never mentions the Bales, Youngs, Nanis, Ronaldos nor the deliberate stamp on Suarez by Huth.

Going out to deliberately injure and leave a mark on another human being is by far more worse than falling on the ground to earn a penalty.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #610: Oct 11, 2012 01:35:01 pm
      Sometimes, I think about the abuse that Suarez is getting is truly amazing and I just wonder how he can take all that. I would have murdered someone, if I were Suarez.. The club's silence on the matter is deafening. Now, is a manager of another club stepping on Suarez like a doormat and the CLUB continue to remain silent. Hey we are LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB, nobody pushes us around. Next what? The tea lady of the opposition team complained in public that Suarez never finishes his cup of tea? This Pulis fellow keeps ridiculing Suarez to a point of a broken record and for once we need to do something effective to shut his gab. This is getting more and more sensation just because of an awkward slip. PR department, PR department please stand up and be counted to do something needful and useful hear, to keep these vultures at bay, otherwise these nonsense will never stop.

I would simply drum up the Huth issue, ask Suarez to give an interview to say he still feel the pain in the chest and the club is thinking of taking legal action on Stoke and the player for intentionally causing injury  to our player and see how Pulis will re-act. Time to stop playing the Mr. Nice Guy.

Even if the FA kept both eyes closed on Huth's stepping on Suarez, we should continue to drum up the issue and not let Pulis have any peace of mind. he's one bloody mean and wicked manager.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #611: Oct 11, 2012 01:45:33 pm
      Sometimes, I think about the abuse that Suarez is getting is truly amazing and I just wonder how he can take all that. I would have murdered someone, if I were Suarez.. The club's silence on the matter is deafening. Now, is a manager of another club stepping on Suarez like a doormat and the CLUB continue to remain silent. Hey we are LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB, nobody pushes us around. Next what? The tea lady of the opposition team complained in public that Suarez never finishes his cup of tea? This Pulis fellow keeps ridiculing Suarez to a point of a broken record and for once we need to do something effective to shut his gab. This is getting more and more sensation just because of an awkward slip. PR department, PR department please stand up and be counted to do something needful and useful hear, to keep these vultures at bay, otherwise these nonsense will never stop.

I would simply drum up the Huth issue, ask Suarez to give an interview to say he still feel the pain in the chest and the club is thinking of taking legal action on Stoke and the player for intentionally causing injury  to our player and see how Pulis will re-act. Time to stop playing the Mr. Nice Guy.

Even if the FA kept both eyes closed on Huth's stepping on Suarez, we should continue to drum up the issue and not let Pulis have any peace of mind. he's one bloody mean and wicked manager.

BR has already mentioned the stamp on at least 2 occasions. He has also been very vocal in his support for Suarez.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #612: Oct 11, 2012 11:02:06 pm
      Yes BR has done just that and credit to him. But we can't leave it all to him, he has many and more pressing issues on his mind that needs looking into. What I'm trying to say is; someone influential from the club should take on the role to neutralise the matter and not to allow the matter to escalate to this stage. Ian Ayre has started doing that but I expect a more powerful statement then what he has said.

I'm sure there's someone within the club tasked to take on the role to protect the good name of the club and to address matters or issues that is detrimental to the club, but there seems to be none at the moment while it appears that we have now become the FA's favorite punching bag. Now there comes another clown called Jim Boyce sensationalising the whole thing at FIFA level. At least Uruguay was quick to leapt to the defence of Suarez and wrote a protest letter to FIFA, we should emulate them.

The FA is many times faster than us in the world of football politics. They're quick to do the goundwwork with FIFA before us and make sure we are getting nowhere when we  do approach FIFA. call it a conspiracy theory without any basis, but it sure looks like there's something very wrong there with the people running the game in this country.

Liverpool football club should put the Huth issue at FIFA level and ask them to be the judge as to which case is more serious; Suarez dive or Huth stamp and point out the incompetence of the FA referees and Jim Boyce.

I'd be the least surprise if a hate campaign is initiated in Facebook against Boyce.
      « Last Edit: Oct 11, 2012 11:26:35 pm by redkop63 »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #613: Oct 11, 2012 11:12:56 pm
      Yes BR has done just that and credit to him for being the ONLY PERSON in the whole club standing up to the whole corrupt regime. But we can't leave it all to him

A bit like Kenny last season and he was left to walk alone.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #614: Oct 12, 2012 12:03:58 am
      A bit like Kenny last season and he was left to walk alone.

Thanks for pointing that out and how can I forget KK, I was to include Kenny's name in my earlier post but it was too late I couldn't do it as someone replied to my post. What I'm most surprised is; in the last 3- years or more we have been like the fall guy for everything to cover the incompetence of the FA or should I aso include their bias attitude towards us while favoring others, yet the club don't seems to take it seriously and it is slowly but surely damaging the club in many ways. We have grossly  underestimated the power of the media and sadly it's what the media continuoulsly say that makes many into believing something which is not what it is, that's what we use to say. The modern game is all about perception and time to change our attitude and place greater and serious attention to that and make sure we work closely with the media.

Ok, if the FA felt so strongly about Suarez's dive, just give Suarez a 3-match ban and make sure they also give Huth a 24-match ban as I'd think Suarez will be out for 3-months if he carries an injury and that'll cause him to miss that number of matches. But no, the FA whines all the way to FIFA instead of doing the righful thing and I'm sure it's not all about Suarez, they slowly but surely plotting their way to make sure that LFC will never return to its glory years. I maybe too much into this conspiracy theory but everything happening in the last few years up to this point, point towards that direction. I'm angry, frustrated, felt hopeless on the whole thing and eager to see something done soon to protect this great club that I've been supporting for the last 38 years and apology to all for my outburst.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #615: Oct 12, 2012 12:08:39 am
      Thanks for pointing that out and how can I forget KK, I was to include Kenny's name in my earlier post but it was too late I couldn't do it as someone replied to my post. What I'm most surprised is; in the last 3- years or more we have been like the fall guy for everything to cover the incompetence of the FA or should I aso include their bias attitude towards us while favoring others, yet the club don't seems to take it seriously and it is slowly but surely damaging the club in many ways. We have grossly  underestimated the power of the media and sadly it's what the media continuoulsly say that makes many into believing something which is not what it is, that's what we use to say. The modern game is all about perception and time to change our attitude and place greater and serious attention to that and make sure we work closely with the media.

Ok, if the FA felt so strongly about Suarez's dive, just give Suarez a 3-match ban and make sure they also give Huth a 24-match ban as I'd think Suarez will be out for 3-months if he carries an injury and that'll cause him to miss that number of matches. But no, the FA whines all the way to FIFA instead of doing the righful thing and I'm sure it's not all about Suarez, they slowly but surely plotting their way to make sure that LFC will never return to its glory years. I maybe too much into this conspiracy theory but everything happening in the last few years up to this point, point towards that direction. I'm angry, frustrated, felt hopeless on the whole thing and eager to see something done soon to protect this great club that I've been supporting for the last 38 years and apology to all for my outburst.

No need to apologise and was just showing what happened to kenny last year, has already happened to Rodgers this year, again with our MD being conspicious by his absence. Do you think Gill at the mancs would be quiet if Ferguson was pissed off with the FA? You wouldn't be able to keep the f**ker away from the camera's and media.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #616: Oct 12, 2012 12:46:51 am
      I believe we have lost our way a bit since the 90s in terms of the commercial side of things and the media and it's never too late to play catch-up. Yes, the mancs have a solid set-up on that, they realise and understand the importance of it, control the media, control the FA and now control FIFA you get everthing done your way, at least that's how things look now. If the MD has a habit of missing in action during critical moments, then he doensn't protect the interest of the club and he must be left to take care of only the commercials and someone else resumes the role of a MD that can see the big picture. Hope that the owners sees the pattern developing here and look seriously into the matter, it has somewhat indirectly affecting their interest already. Time to take some serious action by safeguarding our image and not to allow a small group of people to control the FA. For a start, if I were the owner, I'd want a representative from our side to be in the FA board for check and balance, at least for damage control. As it is, it's getting out of hand.

Quick Reply