Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Emile Heskey or Peter Crouch

Read 7617 times
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Re: Emile Heskey or Peter Crouch
      Reply #23: Oct 27, 2012 03:21:13 pm
      Always thought of Heskey as a (very) poor man's Peter Beardsley, as in he made his strike partners look better than they were, but he always seemed to lack that ruthless streak, that little selfish edge that could have made a difference to his career.  It may be unfair on him, but I always felt he didn't frighten defenders, largely because he came across as a gentle giant who seemed to lack any grace or balance. It's probably erroneous, but when talking about Emile, I just get a montage in my head of him slipping, falling on his arse or stumbling forward after tripping over the ball/his own feet.

Crouch also has that nice man image, but not so much on the pitch, where he is flailing limbs seem to engulf defenders as he tries to get a vital touch, he always just seemed to have that little ruthless edge over Emile, in my mind.

That's a great description of Heskey.  :gt-happyup:

During the whole of his career, he never managed to use his physique to his advantage. He could have been a beast of a forward.

Quick Reply