Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Hillsborough Tribute Single to be Released for Christmas

Read 22396 times
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Hillsborough Tribute Single to be Released for Christmas
      Oct 25, 2012 06:38:13 pm
      HILLSBOROUGH TRIBUTE SINGLE

Thursday 25 October: Steve Rotheram MP for Liverpool Walton will today announce plans for a Hillsborough Charity single. Produced by world renowned producer Guy Chambers. ā€˜He Ainā€™t Heavy, Heā€™s My Brotherā€™ will feature artists including; Mick Jones (The Clash),Peter Hooton (The Farm), Pete Wylie, (The Justice Tonight band), Richard Hawley, Chris Sharrock (Oasis), Ren Harvieu, Dave McCabe (The Zutons), Paul Heaton (Beautiful South), Hollie Cook,Jon McClure (Reverend & The Makers), John Power (Cast) and Gerry Marsden (Gerry and the Pacemakers), with further names to be announced in the coming days.

Released on 17th December 2012, the single is aiming to top the Christmas charts. All artists involved are giving their time for free, and all proceeds from the sale of the single will go towards the Hillsborough Families legal costs in their fight for justice.

Producer, Guy Chambers said: ā€œI am deeply honoured to be asked to produce this record for the 96. If we can help to raise money to support the familiesā€™ legal battle so that they finally get their time in court then
      our job will be done. I spent my teenage years in Liverpool and feel a deep affection for both its musical heritage and the unique solidarity of its people.ā€

Speaking from his Westminster office today Steve Rotheram MP explained:

ā€œToday, I am proud to announce that a group of some of the biggest UK recording artists are coming together to record ā€˜He Ainā€™t Heavy, Heā€™s My Brotherā€™ to support the Hillsborough Families fight for justice and to raise funds for any future legal costs. Whilst we are confident that the campaign for truth and justice is nearing a conclusion, for 23 years the bereaved Hillsborough families have carried the eternal flame of
      hope that we would one day see those responsible brought to justice.

All profits from this CD will go towards assisting with any legal costs incurred in that fight. The families have suffered enoughā€.

Liverpool Legend, Kenny Dalglish said: ā€œThe families of the 96 should never have been in the position they are now in, of having to fight to get the accidental verdicts from the 1989 inquests overturned. I will continue to support their dignified campaign every step of the way.ā€

The Hollies classic ā€˜He Ainā€™t Heavy, Heā€™s My Brotherā€™, was used to great effect earlier this season by Everton FC at Goodison following the release of the HIP report.

Triple Ivor Novello winning songwriter Guy Chambers will record the single at the end of the month, in his North London Studio. Guy has worked with Robbie Williams, Kylie Minogue, Tom Jones, and many others. Further sessions will take place at the world famous Metropolis Studios in London. Pledge Music will also be offering a host of exclusive items via their website to aid the campaign (www.pledgemusic.com)

In 2009, Steve Rotheram, as the then Lord Mayor of Liverpool, brought together; Peter Hooton (The Farm), Dave Pichilingi (Sound City), Phil Hayes (The Picket) and Kevin McManus (Liverpool Acme), musicians, footballers and Liverpool celebrities to record ā€˜Fields of Anfield Roadā€™ for the 20th anniversary of the Hillsborough tragedy. The record spent two weeks in the top 20.

This yearā€™s ā€˜He Ainā€™t Heavy, Heā€™s My Brotherā€™ release is expected to go even further and will hopefully challenge the X Factor winner for the Christmas Number 1 position.

-ends-

Pre-orders will be available from early December

For further information, please contact:

Jane Kearney at LD Communications:

Jane.kearney@ldcommunications.co.uk/ 0207 439 7222

RELEASED: 17 DECEMBER

http://thefarmmusic.wordpress.com/2012/10/25/hillsborough-tribute-single/

I would love to see this reach number one at Christmas.  :)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Hillsborough Tribute Single to be Released for Christmas
      Reply #1: Oct 27, 2012 01:24:33 pm
      Bump.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #2: Oct 27, 2012 04:42:53 pm
      Good bump this Kenny, will defo be getiing this  :gt-happyup:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #3: Oct 27, 2012 04:49:37 pm
      I'm sure I heard Robbie Williams was gonna put his hand in but can't see him in the list of artists on the tribute single.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Started Topic

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #4: Oct 27, 2012 05:24:26 pm
      I'm sure I heard Robbie Williams was gonna put his hand in but can't see him in the list of artists on the tribute single.

I read about that too. It came out as a separate story from the main one about the release.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #5: Oct 27, 2012 05:32:28 pm

Saw something on twitter a couple of days ago about it as well.

Will defo be getting it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #6: Oct 27, 2012 05:58:39 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,172 posts | 4907 
      Reply #7: Oct 30, 2012 03:43:44 pm
      A worthy reason to keep Simon Cowell's s***e off the number one spot at Christmas this year.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Started Topic

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #8: Oct 30, 2012 04:06:34 pm
      A worthy reason to keep Simon Cowell's s***e off the number one spot at Christmas this year.

Well said.  :gt-happyup:

The recording of the song has already started. I'm not sure if it has finished, though.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #9: Oct 30, 2012 09:14:36 pm
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #10: Oct 31, 2012 08:43:46 am
      The recording of the song has already started. I'm not sure if it has finished, though.

HFSG Official ā€@HFSG_Official
      Recording underway, thanks to EVERYONE who is involved, behind the scenes team too, you're all amazing x

Recording underway for Hillsborough charity single

by David Bartlett, Liverpool Echo Oct 31 2012

John Bishop, Steve Rotheram, Alan Hansen, Kenny Dalglish, and Peter Reid at the recording of 'He Ain't Heavy, He's my brother'

RECORDING is underway for the justice for Hillsborough charity single.

Robbie Williams and Paloma Faith were among the first to record vocals for the re-release of He Ainā€™t Heavy, Heā€™s My Brother by The Hollies.

Yesterday comedian John Bishop, Walton MP Steve Rotheram, former footballers Alan Hansen and Peter Reid, Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish and Peter Hooton of The Farm were in Metropolis studio in Chiswick.

The song was played at Goodison Park last month during an emotional tribute to the 96 after the release of the independent panelā€™s report.

The record, produced by Guy Chambers, will be released on December 17 with the aim of beating the X Factor to the Christmas number one. Proceeds will go towards Hillsborough legal fees.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2012/10/31/recording-underway-for-hillsborough-charity-single-100252-32133444/ ā€¦
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #11: Nov 01, 2012 01:24:25 am
      That's everyones present sorted then, I'll be amazed if it's not No.1 at Christmas
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #12: Nov 02, 2012 07:55:20 am
         Manchester United have donated eight tracksuit tops commemorating the Hillsborough disaster to fund-raising groups linked to the 1989 tragedy, which cost the lives of 96 Liverpool supporters.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/9649793/Manchester-United-donate-tops-to-aid-Hillsborough-charities.html
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Started Topic

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #13: Nov 10, 2012 10:07:26 pm
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #14: Nov 11, 2012 02:51:31 pm
      Come on lets get it to number 1, would be fitting. I believe true non Liverpool football fans will gather round and buy. No 1 all the way. JFT96 YNWA
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #15: Nov 22, 2012 12:41:16 pm
      LIVERPOOL musicians will unite with some of the biggest names in pop on Thursday to launch a charity single aiming to top the Christmas charts in support of the Hillsborough families.

The single, a cover of The Holliesā€™ He Ainā€™t Heavy Heā€™s My Brother, will be played for the first time in public for an invited audience of the families and campaigners at St Georgeā€™s Hall.

Produced by Guy Chambers, it has been recorded by The Justice Collective, which features artists including Robbie Williams, Rebecca Ferguson, Paloma Faith, Beverley Knight, Melanie C, Andy Brown from Lawson, Holly Johnson, Mick Jones, Peter Hooton, Chris Sharrock from Oasis, Ian Prowse, Glen Tilbrook from Squeeze, Ren Harvieu, Dave McCabe from The Zutons, Paul Heaton from Beautiful South, John Power, and Gerry Marsden.

Joining the musicians will be comedians John Bishop and Neil Fitzmaurice, chef Heston Blumenthal and football favourites Kenny Dalglish, Peter Reid and Alan Hansen as well as organiser Steve Rotheram, MP for Walton.

Mr Rotheram said: ā€œSome of the biggest UK recording artists have come together to record He Ainā€™t Heavy, Heā€™s My Brother to support the Hillsborough Families fight for justice and to raise funds for any future legal costs.

ā€œWhile we are confident that the campaign for truth and justice is nearing a conclusion, for 23 years the bereaved Hillsborough families have carried the eternal flame of hope that we would one day see those responsible brought to justice.

"All profits from this CD will go towards assisting with any legal costs incurred in that fight.

"The families have suffered enough.ā€

The Hollies classic He Ainā€™t Heavy, Heā€™s My Brother, was used to great effect earlier this season by Everton at Goodison.

Guy Chambers said: ā€œI am deeply honoured to be asked to produce this record for the 96. If we can help to raise money to support the familiesā€™ legal battle so that they finally get their time in court then our job will be done.ā€

All artists involved are giving their time for free, and all proceeds from the sale of the single will go towards the Hillsborough Families legal costs in their fight for justice.

Has anyone listened to it ? They played it at midday in various stations - it was pretty good
      LFCexiled
      Reply #16: Nov 22, 2012 01:46:42 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #17: Nov 22, 2012 02:41:45 pm
      bbc news

Sir Paul McCartney Joins Hillsborough Song

Sir Paul McCartney has joined the line up for a song supporting the Hillsborough campaign.

The track, which is favourite to be Christmas number one, has had it's first play in Liverpool in front of the families of the victims of the 1989 disaster.

Robbie Williams, former Spice Girl Mel C and Gerry Marsden are among the other stars on the cover of The Hollies 1969 hit He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother.

Bookmakers expect the recording to beat the X-Factor winner to the top

spot.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20442807

« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2012 02:52:34 pm by stuey »
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Started Topic

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #18: Nov 22, 2012 06:36:43 pm
      I've just heard it and I like it.  :gt-happyup:
      gareth g