Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Raheem Sterling
      1 (0.8%)
      Oussama Assaidi
      77 (65.3%)
      Daniel Agger
      4 (3.4%)
      Andre Wisdom
      16 (13.6%)
      Martin Skrtel
      13 (11%)
      Luis Suarez
      1 (0.8%)
      Stewart Downing
      3 (2.5%)
      Some other la
      3 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Voting closed: Oct 28, 2012 09:40:14 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Anzhi Makhachkala: In game and Post Match Pleasure

Read 26116 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Anzhi Makhachkala: In game and Post Match Pleasure
      Reply #414: Oct 26, 2012 07:08:04 pm
      Got to go to the match unexpectedly with my boss.  Didn't know anything about it until yesterday morning and had an amazing time.

My first time at a European game and first time watching the mighty Reds at Anfield  ;D

Great atmosphere, sang my heart out and got to see a win.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #415: Oct 26, 2012 09:13:26 pm
      Got to go to the match unexpectedly with my boss.  Didn't know anything about it until yesterday morning and had an amazing time.

My first time at a European game and first time watching the mighty Reds at Anfield  ;D

Great atmosphere, sang my heart out and got to see a win.

Could have only topped that by wearing the wellies Debs !
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #416: Oct 26, 2012 09:15:50 pm
      Not having a pop just thought Shelvey was poor compared to what we have seen. Sahin stood out in the middle for me

Yeah he really couldn't get into the match he got in some good positions but his final product was poor.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #417: Oct 26, 2012 09:18:55 pm
      Agree

The ref did an excellent job

Totally Agree not only did he keep the game flowing, but also had great vision on individual incidents.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #418: Oct 26, 2012 09:53:22 pm
      Not having a pop just thought Shelvey was poor compared to what we have seen. Sahin stood out in the middle for me

True, wasn't his best game and that's not a criticism of the lad, just an observation.

I hope we can keep hold of Sahin. The guy can really play.
      How good will he be when he's fully fit and up to speed with his team mates :D
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #419: Oct 26, 2012 10:15:52 pm
      I hope we can keep hold of Sahin. The guy can really play.
      How good will he be when he's fully fit and up to speed with his team mates :D
      I agree he will really be a really good player, I thought he struggled last night and was always unsure of what to do when he was on the ball. I've not seen any of the stats but I'm sure more than 70% of his passes were backwards.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #420: Oct 26, 2012 10:52:44 pm
      Agree with everyone about the ref, actually thought it was the best refereeing display I've seen for a long long time.  At one point thought he'd lost his whistle because he wasn't giving anything, then I realised he wasn't blowing up for any little thing.  Great flow to the game.

Enough about the ref!  Thought Assaidi was outstanding, as were Wisdom and Skrtel.  Midfield was a little quiet and Suarez had an absolute shocker, but was as comfortable a 1-0 win as you're ever likely to see, and no doubt Suarez will bounce back for the derby. ;)
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #421: Oct 27, 2012 05:27:17 am
      Mixed opinion on Shelvey here, but I think he had an average game. Made some useful passes and some not so useful ones. Had an opportunity to score but miss timed his shot. On occassions, his final touch is still letting him down but I cab see vast improvement in him since the first time I saw him play. With time and BR's guidance I'm sure he'll improve. Just need to give the lad a bit confidence and tailor made a training programme for him and he'll be awesome.

One strong point of him is he doesn't dally, he just head straight towards the opposition box and try to juggernaut pass defeners and it defenders will have no time to re-organise,  the same for Saaidi. 
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,264 posts | 2825 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #422: Oct 27, 2012 09:50:33 am
      In relation to Shelvey, Im probably or at close to being his numbe 1 fan on here. I thought Thursday was his least effective game for us.

Lets not expect the kid to be boss every game though still very young and learning. GOING TO BE A BEAST
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #423: Oct 27, 2012 01:31:02 pm
      In relation to Shelvey, Im probably or at close to being his numbe 1 fan on here. I thought Thursday was his least effective game for us.

Lets not expect the kid to be boss every game though still very young and learning. GOING TO BE A BEAST

This is so true... He's got a football "Swag" about him... Deffo a future ledge I reckon..

Quick Reply