Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Raheem Sterling
      1 (0.8%)
      Oussama Assaidi
      77 (65.3%)
      Daniel Agger
      4 (3.4%)
      Andre Wisdom
      16 (13.6%)
      Martin Skrtel
      13 (11%)
      Luis Suarez
      1 (0.8%)
      Stewart Downing
      3 (2.5%)
      Some other la
      3 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 115

Voting closed: Oct 28, 2012 09:40:14 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Anzhi Makhachkala: In game and Post Match Pleasure

Read 26057 times
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool V Anzhi Makhachkala
      Reply #322: Oct 25, 2012 10:06:23 pm

Suarez's passing completion should be around 25% I guess. terrible performance and still cannot understand why Morgan or Yesil were not given a chance. There's nothing positive I can take from this performance except the solid defense.

Don't agree about the performance but as far as Suarez is concerned, to start him was one thing but to give him ninety minutes was ridiculous, he looked tired and frustrated for the majority of the game, if ever there was a time to give Yesil half an hour it was tonight. Very disappointed with that, don't think he should have been anywhere near the team tonight.

A win is a win though, well done Downing.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #323: Oct 25, 2012 10:06:39 pm
      Good performance that MOTM has to be Skrtel or Assaidi both were stunning
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #324: Oct 25, 2012 10:07:00 pm
      Think Assaidi has done enough to get ahead of Suso for Sunday personally, Sterling on the right.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #325: Oct 25, 2012 10:10:17 pm
      Think Assaidi has done enough to get ahead of Suso for Sunday personally, Sterling on the right.

Tell you what Danny, been a while since a Liverpool manager has had to make a difficult decision on who to play on the wings no?

For the cupboard being empty at the position not to long ago...Sterling/Assadi and even Suso make it look so much better now.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #326: Oct 25, 2012 10:10:44 pm
      Hope Assaidi gets a run in the side, he looks like he could be the winger we've been missing for years. Agger's goal should have stood as the keeper only had one hand on the ball, the yellow card has to be recinded.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #327: Oct 25, 2012 10:11:25 pm
      Woo calm down :P, it's a win, I'm happy but I cannot be satisfied with the performances of Suarez, Gerrard, Sahin and Shelvey. Were they up to stantards? No, at least we did the job well but there's nothing to keep from this performance IMO.

At least we're winning, but I expected more from the starting 11.
      sabbath
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #328: Oct 25, 2012 10:11:30 pm
      Perhaps we should read between the lines and give players a clean slate.   (Downing)  Support goes for everyone wearing red, not just those we like,
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #329: Oct 25, 2012 10:12:44 pm
      I F***ing LOVE ROBBIE FOWLER
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #330: Oct 25, 2012 10:15:05 pm
      Perhaps we should read between the lines and give players a clean slate.   (Downing)  Support goes for everyone wearing red, not just those we like,

I think Downing's bit of versatility keeps him around, not a great winger, not a great back; at least serviceable at both positions. That being said a cheeky bid of 7m+ on BR's desk and he would bite your hand off.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #331: Oct 25, 2012 10:15:14 pm
      Disappointed by our performance really, where has the passing philosophy gone?
      MOTM 1Wisdom, 2Assaidi or 3Skrtel.

Suarez's passing completion should be around 25% I guess. terrible performance and still cannot understand why Morgan or Yesil were not given a chance. There's nothing positive I can take from this performance except the solid defense.
      Really?  I agree about Suarez, he looked poor and tired and made some dumb passes but "Nothing Positive and terrible performance"? I can see a clear difference between this team and what Rodgers has done and is trying to do and the last 2 seasons.

Maybe I'm an idiot and dont know sh*t about Football, but if you cant take anything positive from this match then I dont know what to say.
      sabbath
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #332: Oct 25, 2012 10:16:02 pm

Fixed that for you.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #333: Oct 25, 2012 10:16:45 pm
      Woo calm down :P, it's a win, I'm happy but I cannot be satisfied with the performances of Suarez, Gerrard, Sahin and Shelvey. Were they up to stantards? No, at least we did the job well but there's nothing to keep from this performance IMO.

At least we're winning, but I expected more from the starting 11.

Is this guy for real :mad:
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #334: Oct 25, 2012 10:20:10 pm
      Winning ugly shits on losing pretty! Feck the performance!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #335: Oct 25, 2012 10:20:49 pm
      Great goal by Downing that was.

Watched the first 60 minutes before having to take off for work, from what I saw we nullified Anzhi from any threat to Jone's goal and we looked comfortable.

Dissapointed with Suarez his ball retention was non existent tonight.
      sabbath
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #336: Oct 25, 2012 10:21:09 pm
      I think Downing's bit of versatility keeps him around, not a great winger, not a great back; at least serviceable at both positions. That being said a cheeky bid of 7m+ on BR's desk and he would bite your hand off.

Oh yea deffo listen to bids.  But when someone steps foot on that ptch wearing our colours, it's about time we stop deriding them.  And I'm just as guilty as anyone else here.

The audible groans when Downing does even the slightest thing wrong would make most men go into a shell.  Lucas is made of very stern stuff, good job too, or we would have lost a great player cause of our impatient and poor support.

It's about time we started giving all eleven red men full support. 
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #337: Oct 25, 2012 10:23:15 pm
      Was so busy at work that I couldn't even read the live text about the game.

Maybe that's why Downing scored.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #338: Oct 25, 2012 10:23:21 pm
      Ok apart from the defense, and Assaidi the game we played was terrible, mainly due to Suarez although he was paradoxically the main source of threat.
      Assaidi tried his best and made successful dribbles to get himself in good crossing positions but guess what? there was never a striker in the box.
      Downing?..... euhmm

Sahin? Shlevey? Gerrard!?... these players were not at the level they should have been, and it's even more frustrating because we were against an average team.

Skrtel, Agger and Wisdom were awesome, Johnson and Jones were solid and played as well as usual this season. Again, bar the defense I PERSONALLY take nothing positive from this game, at least nothing new.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #339: Oct 25, 2012 10:25:57 pm

the calm down was for the replies of my initial post, I'm delighted we won but we won ugly. SIMPLE no one can say otherwise I think
      sofkop
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #340: Oct 25, 2012 10:28:14 pm
      1-0 once again. Slow and steady wins the race! We're progressing. If you notice, our nerviness after taking the lead wasn't as bad as it was against Reading and Anzhi are a better side. Hopefully we learn even more composure. Still looking a bit limp in the final third though but as long as we keep it water tight at the back and keep at it, the goals will come. Big problem last season was that as the season went on we totally lost faith in everything we were trying to achieve and it totally undermined us. I couldn't imagine us winning a game 1-0 since that Arsenal defeat.

Our possession game is a lot better than Tottenham's though. If you think we look static, take a look at them.
      almarssad
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #341: Oct 25, 2012 10:29:42 pm
      Oussama Assaidi was accurate with 94% of his 53 passes. He also created 4 chances (same as Shelvey) & beat his man 5 times (most)
      MOTM in my opinion.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #342: Oct 25, 2012 10:29:43 pm
      Ok apart from the defense, and Assaidi the game we played was terrible

When you said we played "terrible" in your first post I thought maybe it was an oversight.. But you've said it numerous times now, and Im afraid to be the one to highlight it, but thats absolute horse sh*t. By no stretch of the imagination did we play "terrible" at any point during that game tonight.

We were far from our best, not disputing that. But against a team who have lost 1 game in 21, are flying at the top of the Russian league and who have some genuinely quality players that I'd love to see in our ranks, we nullified them to very little chances & controlled the game for the overwhelming majority of the match & could of had a few more goals ourselves had we not fluffed our lines at the vital moment.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course, but expect your 'opinion' to be questioned, when it is in fact horse sh*t.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #343: Oct 25, 2012 10:29:52 pm
      Think Stevie started slow but grew into the game

Really can't see why people are deriding the team it wasn't a bad performance.

We are two in two with consecutive clean sheets and top of our group. It could be a lot worse
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #344: Oct 25, 2012 10:30:48 pm
      the calm down was for the replies of my initial post, I'm delighted we won but we won ugly. SIMPLE no one can say otherwise I think

I only caught the last 30 minutes, that wasn't ugly at all.  A bit scrappy at times, but far from ugly.

Quick Reply