Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Disappointment to the EPL REF! - an idea from a group of LFC fans in Hong Kong

Read 2914 times
      anthonycmy
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 4 posts |
      Disappointment to the EPL REF! - an idea from a group of LFC fans in Hong Kong
      Oct 29, 2012 02:25:48 pm
      I am a die-hard fans of Liverpool for over 20 years...Too bad that I am situated in Asia and I cannot come over Anfield every week to watch the Liverpool game. I was so depressed after watching the derby match yesterday. How come it can be so unfair? How come the referee can solely control the match result (not only our game, but also the Chelsea/Man Utd game!)

May I suggest to have a protest in next home game? Let's wear black shirt (instead of red) on the match day! Do make a big big black banner with words "Referee, you cheat!" I would love to see this scene on TV during live boardcast. Anyone resides in UK and like this idea, please help to organize it!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Disappointment to the EPL REF! - an idea from a group of LFC fans in Hong Kong
      Reply #1: Oct 29, 2012 03:56:46 pm
      Unfortunately, Anthony, to protest in that manner would only drive even more of a wedge between our club and the officiating bodies. This, in turn would mean more decisions going against us.
      The reason that Man Utd get so many favourable decisions is that they have high ranking executives who also hold high positions within the FA. This conflict of interests, together with Fergusons's knighthood gives them far too much influence and referees are pressured into siding with Man Utd by the knowledge that any decision that displeases Ferguson will result in them being demoted to "lesser" games or even lower leagues games (there is a lot of evidence to support this).

Since Hillsborough, the FA have seen Liverpool football club as a thorn in it's side. Now that the truth has come out and attention has turned to the inadequacies and incompetence of the FA, this feeling is unlikely to change. As fans, there is very little we can do to sway the blatant bias we see week in, week out and as I mentioned in another thread, our only hope is that investigative journalists manage to uncover some proof of the corruption within the game. As I don't believe that referees are being bribed (as we've seen in other countries), it will be harder to prove as most evidence will be circumstantial.

I'm sorry but the idea of a "blackout" protest would not be helpful and I can say with relative certainty that it will never happen.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Disappointment to the EPL REF! - an idea from a group of LFC fans in Hong Kong
      Reply #2: Oct 29, 2012 04:32:34 pm
      Remember the ad a few years ago where the ref scores a header from a corner think it was a Ladbrokes ad. It's getting so bad im expecting that next.
      anthonycmy
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 4 posts |
      Reply #3: Oct 29, 2012 05:17:02 pm
      Reprobate, you're probably right. But I am just seeking a way to express our thought in a peaceful way. You know what, EPL game is so popular in Asia. So many Liverpool fans were canceling their dinner appointments/dates in weekend and stayed home until late night (in asian timezone), just want to support their favorite team. The lads and the coach team have also given 100% effort and try to win the game. I really cannot accept that the match is being ruined by the non-sense judgement. This is a shame to the British football...

I am tired of seeing unfair penalty, red card, offside, week in week out, happening on LFC

If ManU can win without enjoying such "favor", I will be silent.
      anthonycmy
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 4 posts |
      Reply #4: Oct 29, 2012 05:21:38 pm
      Justice for the 96! The FA is wrong!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #5: Oct 29, 2012 08:29:06 pm
      Remember the ad a few years ago where the ref scores a header from a corner think it was a Ladbrokes ad. It's getting so bad im expecting that next.
      Yes but he disallowed the goal,the linesman reckoned he was offside and he was wearing a Liverpool shirt with Suarez on the back.Sound familiar.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #6: Oct 30, 2012 01:21:25 am
      Liverpool vs the world
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #7: Oct 30, 2012 01:43:47 am
      The referees are too afraid to give decisions against Man United because we all know what happens when they do - they get punished by officiating a lower league game and won't be given another United game.

The next United game they get, it usually ends up with alot of controversies.

It's United fan Mike Riley who assigns referees to matches.

And the FA won't do anything because they are Ferguson's bi*ch.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #8: Oct 30, 2012 01:41:45 pm
      I'd rather we get back to try winning games rather than F***ing whinging about them.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9: Oct 31, 2012 07:53:30 am
      I'd rather we get back to try winning games rather than f**king whinging about them.
      Huyton surely if we won a match 4-0 and had a good goal disallowed by a bent Ref or linesmanwould we not be entitled to moan about that decision.I think if that 1 goal was the goal difference to us winning the League or Cup you would be up in arms with the rest of us.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #10: Oct 31, 2012 12:09:22 pm
      Huyton surely if we won a match 4-0 and had a good goal disallowed by a bent Ref or linesmanwould we not be entitled to moan about that decision.I think if that 1 goal was the goal difference to us winning the League or Cup you would be up in arms with the rest of us.

It's gone forget about it, want to carry on crying about the Derby, you end up sounding like the bitters!!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #11: Oct 31, 2012 12:29:27 pm
      I'd rather we get back to try winning games rather than f**king whinging about them.
      Agree, I would like to think we won't be banging on about a disallowed goal in a derby 35 years from now...

Quick Reply