Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your LFC MotM?

Suarez
      (75.2%)
      Allen
      (4.5%)
      Gerrard
      (1.3%)
      Skrtel
      (17.2%)
      Agger
      (1.3%)
      Enrique
      (0.6%)

Everton 2-2 Liverpool: In-game discussion & post-match "WTF?!"

Read 44142 times
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Re: LIVE: Everton v Liverpool
      Reply #23: Oct 28, 2012 12:55:06 pm
      That's your opinion - I don't find it embarrassing at all.  Mine is that he has played poorly for about 18 months and it's time for him to pull his finger out.  Nobody deserves to live on their past glory or be immune from criticism because of what they did in the past.

I expect him to remind us all why he is Liverpool's captain today.

I agree he's been mostly poor over the last 12-18 months, especially at the start of this season, but since the international break when he got sent off in the last minute for England (after being man of the match) he's been very good. Especially against united. And every player has to earn their wages, not even Gerrard can give less than 100% just because of what he's done for us.

I trust in him today to put in a mighty performance and play a big part in getting us the 3 points.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #24: Oct 28, 2012 12:55:23 pm
      Almost half the teams first derby, hope they don't freeze or lose their heads. Think this will be like a boxer against a big puncher. If we can keep moving and jabbing we will eventually wear them down and score the knockout. They will be looking to rough us up and land the big punch hoping we don't get back up.

Think Carroll did very well against Felliani defensively last season, not sure we have anyone else that can cope as well. So we will have to make sure that we don't let them cross and we don't give away too many corners.

Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #25: Oct 28, 2012 12:57:42 pm
      Titi Camara ‏@TitiCamara22
      Good luck #LFC hoping for three points and always remember you've seen things they will never see #YNWA

HA HA HA is right Titi!!!

And things they will never ever see.
      Come on reds lets send these back under the rocks they came  from.

2-1 I'm going for Suarez and gerrard.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #26: Oct 28, 2012 12:58:05 pm

Same here everyone says he was injured...Maybe we should do that in the future. Just say Gerrard, Suarez and Agger are going to miss the game in a few days (obviously telling porkies) and they all start.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #27: Oct 28, 2012 12:59:50 pm
      Glad Brad keeps his place. COME ON REDSS
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #28: Oct 28, 2012 01:00:50 pm
      Delighted with that team.

And a great show of confidence in Brad. He must be feeling sky high now.

Come on lads let's do this.
      sofkop
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #29: Oct 28, 2012 01:00:53 pm
      COME ON YOU REDMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if we'll win, I'm not sure about this one. Suso vs Baines will be interesting to watch. Johnno is a big, big loss. And well done to Jones for keeping his place, would have been cruel to not let him have this chance.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #30: Oct 28, 2012 01:00:55 pm
      See you all after the game, or maybe half time, gonna watch it with the family away from the PC.

3 points today!!!
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #31: Oct 28, 2012 01:02:52 pm
      Gutted that Glen is injured. Wasn't expecting it since Rodgers said their weren't any new injury news in the pre match build up, but maybe Glen seemed ok at the time.

Starting Jones over Reina is a bold choice, because he knows he'll get crucified for it if he makes any cockups which cost us the game - but he's the manager and Jones has kept 2 clean sheets out of 2 since being called upon, convincingly so too. And he did play in the FA cup semi last year so he's played in a bigger derby than this one before.

Big performances needed from Enrique and Sahin today.

Suso, Sterling and Wisdom all starting their first derby too, so it's a massive day for them. Good luck lads, the likes of Stevie, Suarez, Agger and Skrtel will be there to show you the way.

Allen and Sahin get their first taste of a merseyside derby too. Big battle in the midfield today and that big clumsy get Fellaini - but he is always moments away from a red card, especially in a game like today. Nevertheless, he and Jelavic will be the biggest concerns today.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,543 posts | 1092 
      Reply #32: Oct 28, 2012 01:05:54 pm
      That's your opinion - I don't find it embarrassing at all.  Mine is that he has played poorly for about 18 months and it's time for him to pull his finger out.  Nobody deserves to live on their past glory or be immune from criticism because of what they did in the past.

I expect him to remind us all why he is Liverpool's captain today.

Fair enough thats your opinion. Mine is that he has struggled with injury for around 18 months so to be honest you putting him in the 'earn your wages bracket' is embarrassing. I would put the likes of Joe Cole and Stewart Downing in the 'earn your wages' bracket but not Steven Gerrard.

Gerrard is not immune to critisim at all. Has he produced performances recently that match the hundreds of quality performances over the years? Probably not is the answer to that question as his days of being a one man wrecking machine have gone now. He has to find a new role to suit the game his body allows him to play these days. I think he is finding it difficult to adjust his game from the one he has played his whole career.

But he will still be the one trying to put in those defence splitting passes today and take the game by the scruff. It is about time others started to take on that responsibility and I think going forward Shelvey will be the one to do that. It seems that many want to jump on him these days when he gives a ball away trying something or if he doesn't get back quick enough. We have younger legs to do that now and I have no worries about him trying ten difficult passes if one comes off and creates a goal.

As for why he is our captain....I don't think that needs any explanation at all...but 3 reasons are inspirational, leader and legend !!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #33: Oct 28, 2012 01:06:00 pm
      Absolutely buzzing for this, cant wait now, hope the young lads, Sterling, Suso and Wisdom will be ok, Captain Stevie will be in fine form marshalling the lads to victory. Pleased for Brad that he's kept his place, think he deserves it.

Bragging rights for the RED half of Liverpool? You betcha !!!

Go go REDS !!
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #34: Oct 28, 2012 01:14:04 pm
      Gonna miss Glen he's been one of our best recently but we have enough to win the game today. Hope Suso & Sahin have great game.
      j-max
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts |
      Reply #35: Oct 28, 2012 01:14:44 pm
      We should win this one
      j-max
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts |
      Reply #36: Oct 28, 2012 01:15:44 pm
      Sterling will be the man of the match today.I just sense it
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #37: Oct 28, 2012 01:17:30 pm
      Can't fooking wait for this to start. Can't see why we can't do this one over them bluenoses.

Go on yo Redmen.  :scarf:

sofkop
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #38: Oct 28, 2012 01:18:58 pm
      Fair enough thats your opinion. Mine is that he has struggled with injury for around 18 months so to be honest you putting him in the 'earn your wages bracket' is embarrassing. I would put the likes of Joe Cole and Stewart Downing in the 'earn your wages' bracket but not Steven Gerrard.

Gerrard is not immune to critisim at all. Has he produced performances recently that match the hundreds of quality performances over the years? Probably not is the answer to that question as his days of being a one man wrecking machine have gone now. He has to find a new role to suit the game his body allows him to play these days. I think he is finding it difficult to adjust his game from the one he has played his whole career.

But he will still be the one trying to put in those defence splitting passes today and take the game by the scruff. It is about time others started to take on that responsibility and I think going forward Shelvey will be the one to do that. It seems that many want to jump on him these days when he gives a ball away trying something or if he doesn't get back quick enough. We have younger legs to do that now and I have no worries about him trying ten difficult passes if one comes off and creates a goal.

As for why he is our captain....I don't think that needs any explanation at all...but 3 reasons are inspirational, leader and legend !!

I agree. Gerrard is just a victim of his own success, if he's not dragging us to results kicking and screaming by himself he's crap and old. That's what it feels like anyway. He's been a good performer for us this season. Still one of the most likely to pop up with a goal too.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #39: Oct 28, 2012 01:19:24 pm
      I think he is finding it difficult to adjust his game from the one he has played his whole career.

Huh? Over the years he has played many different roles regularly; right wing, left wing, defensive mid, center mid, attacking mid, number 10, false 9. He's just that versatile, so to defend him the way you are doing right now doesn't make sense to me. He still has a lot left in him, and he is versatile enough to play in almost any position on the pitch and be world-class in that position.

The Gerrard of late has been deployed in a more defensive role, but he shouldn't need to get used to that because he does it well for England and he's done it well for us before, too.

He just needs to stop making silly errors.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #40: Oct 28, 2012 01:19:29 pm
      COME ON LADS, WE NEED THIS WIN TO KICKSTART OUR SEASON!!!!

SUSO TO SCORE
      sofkop
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #41: Oct 28, 2012 01:20:05 pm
      Sterling will be the man of the match today.I just sense it

I think Suso might be.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #42: Oct 28, 2012 01:21:54 pm
      COME ON!!!!!!!!!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #43: Oct 28, 2012 01:22:19 pm

I think it could be Suso's day today too mate.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4588 
      Reply #44: Oct 28, 2012 01:26:44 pm
      lets do these.

Blueshite favourites? my arse.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #45: Oct 28, 2012 01:27:45 pm