Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Please bring forward Kevin Williams inquest. *Urgent JFT96 YNWA

Read 13879 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Please bring forward Kevin Williams inquest. *Urgent JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #92: Nov 13, 2012 01:12:03 pm
      http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/have-you-signed-the-petition-yet

It's now the main story on the LFC Main Page.
      51K done. This should surely force some momentum.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #93: Nov 13, 2012 04:05:06 pm
      http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/have-you-signed-the-petition-yet

It's now the main story on the LFC Main Page.
      51K done. This should surely force some momentum.

They pushed it on LFC Now last night too mate.  Hopefully Anne will get her wish in time.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #94: Nov 13, 2012 04:45:04 pm
      Tragically nothing can change the running order of these matters regarding the Hillsborough hearings, there are matters that have to be addressed prior to Kevin's inquest because the findings of the inquest could unduly influence any decision arrived at concerning these other issues.
      Consequently the solution has to be to rush through these other hearings and push on with Kevin's inquest, realistically an impossible proposition.   
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #95: Nov 15, 2012 07:44:48 am
      Tragically nothing can change the running order of these matters regarding the Hillsborough hearings, there are matters that have to be addressed prior to Kevin's inquest because the findings of the inquest could unduly influence any decision arrived at concerning these other issues.
      Consequently the solution has to be to rush through these other hearings and push on with Kevin's inquest, realistically an impossible proposition.   

We can't give up trying though stuey, as hopeless as it may seem.  Seen this leaflet on twitter, look at what Anne has to say:

Signatures up to 57,325 now.

Please sign if you haven't already:

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

YNWA Anne.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #96: Nov 15, 2012 05:23:52 pm
      Up to 58,280 now
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #97: Nov 16, 2012 03:04:57 pm
      Just received this email. Good to see the club getting behind this.

Dear Simon,
      I am writing to ask you to lend your support to someone in the Liverpool FC family who needs
      your help. 

Anne Williams lost her son Kevin at Hillsborough and has been an ardent campaigner for the last
      23 years to bring truth and justice for the families.   Kevin was only 15 years old when he lost his life
      - sadly now Anne has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and as a result, she set up a new
      e-petition to bring her son’s inquest forward.  She has been fighting for 23 long years and
      recently tweeted:
      "please bring forward Kevin Williams’ inquest, please help I would luv to
      have my inquest before I die."
      New inquests look set to be held into the deaths of all 96 Hillsborough victims following the
      Hillsborough Independent Panel's report in September, but Anne has now moved into a hospice to be treated for her cancer, so if you haven’t already, please take 30 seconds to sign the e-petition and help a dying mother gain justice for her son after 23 years. The e-petition needs to reach the 100,000 signatures that is required to trigger a Parliamentary debate. 

Thank you all for your support.

Regards,

Ian Ayre
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #98: Nov 16, 2012 05:35:13 pm
      Ayre urges staff to sign petition
      16th Nov 2012 - Latest News

0 CommentsPrintShare ArchiveLFC To Go
      Ian Ayre this week wrote to all employees of Liverpool Football Club urging them to add their names to a petition to help a dying mother gain justice for her son after 23 years.

Campaigners want the Attorney General to bring forward the new inquest into the death of Kevin Williams at Hillsborough in 1989. Their petition follows news that his mother and long-time Hillsborough campaigner Anne Williams has terminal cancer.

The Attorney General applied for new inquests for all 96 victims following the Hillsborough Independent Panel report in September - but no timescale has yet been set.

If 100,000 people sign the petition, the issue will be considered for debate in Parliament.

Ayre wrote to all LFC staff:

Dear Colleagues

I am writing to ask you to lend your support to someone in the Liverpool FC family who needs your help.

Anne Williams lost her son Kevin at Hillsborough and has been an ardent campaigner for the last 23 years to bring truth and justice for the families. Kevin was only 15 years old when he lost his life - sadly now Anne has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and as a result, she set up a new e-petition to bring her son's inquest forward.  She has been fighting for 23 long years and recently tweeted:

"please bring forward Kevin Williams' inquest, please help I would luv to have my inquest before I die."

New inquests look set to be held into the deaths of all 96 Hillsborough victims following the Hillsborough Independent Panel's report in September, but Anne has now moved into a hospice to be treated for her cancer, so if you haven't already, please take 30 seconds to sign the e-petition and help a dying mother gain justice for her son after 23 years. The e-petition needs to reach 100,000 signatures that is required to trigger a Parliamentary debate.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

Thank you all for your support.

Regards,

Ian Ayre

Earlier this week, Liverpool FC confirmed it will carry a link inviting fans to sign the e-petition in news stories published on the official website until the petition passes the 100,000 mark or the closing date of January 29, 2013 is reached.

The club has also sent an email to over 100,000 fans over the age of 18 on the official website's database urging them to add their name to the petition.

A series of short video messages will be recorded promoting the e-petition and distributed on all club platforms - including social media sites, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter - while a splash page will be created to greet UK visitors to the website on a planned day of action.

Leaflets will be distributed at Saturday's home match with Wigan Athletic and tannoy announcements will be made inside the stadium.

whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #99: Nov 17, 2012 09:33:47 am
      Anne Williams ‏@annewilliams96
      Over 74.000 Thnak you everyone who signed the petition it means a lot x

Getting there, 74,537 just now.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1629 
      Reply #100: Nov 17, 2012 11:39:49 am
      Surely we can get this through ,if this lady only has one wish left in here ,justice for her son before she goes,let it be granted.YNWA .
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #101: Nov 17, 2012 07:05:26 pm
      79,943 signatures now, that's over 5,000 today.

COME ON!  It's making a difference to Anne, that matters, please sign if you haven't already.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #102: Nov 17, 2012 07:40:34 pm
      Excellent work on this today. We need to push this harder than ever now.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #103: Nov 17, 2012 07:55:09 pm
      Excellent work on this today. We need to push this harder than ever now.

80,452 signatures now mate, under the 20k to go mark.  Well in everyone who's signed so far, let's keep it going.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #104: Nov 18, 2012 12:10:09 pm
      83,730 as it stands. The law says any inquest for Kevin cannot preempt several procedures that are due to be heard at a future date, on the grounds that it could prejudice any judgement. Whether or not a Commons debate can affect the rule of law I am not entirely sure.
      I sincerely hope for Anne's sake something can be done.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #105: Nov 18, 2012 05:18:59 pm
      The Guardian has run a story.  Hopefully this will bring in the remaining signatures needed.

Thousands sign petition to bring forward Hillsborough inquest
      Campaign to accelerate work on case of 15-year-old Kevin Williams while his terminally ill mother is still alive

David Conn
      The Guardian, Sunday 18 November 2012 16.50 GMT

More than 85,000 people have signed an online petition calling for a new inquest to be brought forward for Kevin Williams, a 15-year-old victim of the Hillsborough disaster, whose mother, Anne, has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. The attorney general, Dominic Grieve, is preparing a high court application to quash the original Hillsborough inquest verdict, after the report of the Hillsborough Independent Panel in September discredited its principal findings.

The petition seeks to enable Anne Williams, who has campaigned relentlessly against the inquest since its jury reached a verdict of accidental death 21 years ago, to see it quashed in her lifetime.

Elkan Abrahamson, Williams's solicitor, said he believes it should be possible for Grieve to complete his application by the end of November, and for the high court to hold the hearing before Christmas. However, Grieve's office, which has said he will make the application "as soon as he possibly can", hopes only to have a draft completed by the end of this month. When the online petition reaches 100,000 signatures, the issue will be considered for a debate in parliament.

"It is fate," said Williams, who has now moved to a hospice in Southport. "I have known all along what the inquest said about Kevin was wrong, that witnesses were pressured to change their evidence. I couldn't let go, for my son. I do want to see the inquest quashed."

Williams said she has not asked her doctors how long she has to live: "I am taking each day as it comes."

She always contested the account given at the inquest that Kevin died from traumatic asphyxia and so could be considered irrecoverable by 3.15pm on the day of the disaster. That was the time to which the coroner, Dr Stefan Popper, controversially limited the inquest evidence, thereby excluding the emergency response. Williams was part of a judicial review application by six families in 1993, which saw the inquest upheld; she made three applications to the attorney general for the inquest to be quashed, which were refused; and her 2006 application to the European court of human rights failed because she was out of time.

In September, the report by the panel, chaired by James Jones, the Bishop of Liverpool, vindicated Williams's campaign, and the other Hillsborough families who had always protested that the inquest did not reach the truth or justice about the disaster. The panel found 41 of the 96 people who died might have been saved after 3.15pm had the medical response been competent.

"I already knew that Kevin did not die of traumatic asphyxia and he could have been saved," Williams said, "although I am very pleased with the panel's findings."

Over years of campaigning, Williams made contact with two people who had helped Kevin, including Derek Bruder, an off-duty police officer, who had felt a pulse in Kevin after 3.15pm, and a special police constable, Debra Martin, who said Kevin had opened his eyes and said "Mum". Both changed their statements following visits from West Midlands police officers, to suggest in fact there had been no signs of life. Both later emphatically stood by their original statements and said they had been pressured to change their evidence to comply with the view that Kevin could not have been saved after 3.15pm.

Dr Iain West, a consultant forensic pathologist at Guy's hospital at the time of the disaster, decided on a review of Kevin's details that he died from severe neck injuries and might have been saved.

Grieve's office said: "The attorney general is deeply saddened to hear of Anne Williams's diagnosis. He continues to give this matter priority."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/nov/18/thousands-back-hillsborough-inquest-petition?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #106: Nov 18, 2012 10:05:18 pm
      The Guardian has run a story.  Hopefully this will bring in the remaining signatures needed.

Thousands sign petition to bring forward Hillsborough inquest
      Campaign to accelerate work on case of 15-year-old Kevin Williams while his terminally ill mother is still alive

David Conn
      The Guardian, Sunday 18 November 2012 16.50 GMT

More than 85,000 people have signed an online petition calling for a new inquest to be brought forward for Kevin Williams, a 15-year-old victim of the Hillsborough disaster, whose mother, Anne, has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. The attorney general, Dominic Grieve, is preparing a high court application to quash the original Hillsborough inquest verdict, after the report of the Hillsborough Independent Panel in September discredited its principal findings.

The petition seeks to enable Anne Williams, who has campaigned relentlessly against the inquest since its jury reached a verdict of accidental death 21 years ago, to see it quashed in her lifetime.

Elkan Abrahamson, Williams's solicitor, said he believes it should be possible for Grieve to complete his application by the end of November, and for the high court to hold the hearing before Christmas. However, Grieve's office, which has said he will make the application "as soon as he possibly can", hopes only to have a draft completed by the end of this month. When the online petition reaches 100,000 signatures, the issue will be considered for a debate in parliament.

"It is fate," said Williams, who has now moved to a hospice in Southport. "I have known all along what the inquest said about Kevin was wrong, that witnesses were pressured to change their evidence. I couldn't let go, for my son. I do want to see the inquest quashed."

Williams said she has not asked her doctors how long she has to live: "I am taking each day as it comes."

She always contested the account given at the inquest that Kevin died from traumatic asphyxia and so could be considered irrecoverable by 3.15pm on the day of the disaster. That was the time to which the coroner, Dr Stefan Popper, controversially limited the inquest evidence, thereby excluding the emergency response. Williams was part of a judicial review application by six families in 1993, which saw the inquest upheld; she made three applications to the attorney general for the inquest to be quashed, which were refused; and her 2006 application to the European court of human rights failed because she was out of time.

In September, the report by the panel, chaired by James Jones, the Bishop of Liverpool, vindicated Williams's campaign, and the other Hillsborough families who had always protested that the inquest did not reach the truth or justice about the disaster. The panel found 41 of the 96 people who died might have been saved after 3.15pm had the medical response been competent.

"I already knew that Kevin did not die of traumatic asphyxia and he could have been saved," Williams said, "although I am very pleased with the panel's findings."

Over years of campaigning, Williams made contact with two people who had helped Kevin, including Derek Bruder, an off-duty police officer, who had felt a pulse in Kevin after 3.15pm, and a special police constable, Debra Martin, who said Kevin had opened his eyes and said "Mum". Both changed their statements following visits from West Midlands police officers, to suggest in fact there had been no signs of life. Both later emphatically stood by their original statements and said they had been pressured to change their evidence to comply with the view that Kevin could not have been saved after 3.15pm.

Dr Iain West, a consultant forensic pathologist at Guy's hospital at the time of the disaster, decided on a review of Kevin's details that he died from severe neck injuries and might have been saved.

Grieve's office said: "The attorney general is deeply saddened to hear of Anne Williams's diagnosis. He continues to give this matter priority."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/nov/18/thousands-back-hillsborough-inquest-petition?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Yep you'd think that would tip the petition over the 100,000 mark.

Fingers crossed.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #107: Nov 19, 2012 07:38:47 am
      What does the sig count stand at now?

Should hit 100k if January is the closing date, but the sooner the better.

Fingers crossed and keep the fight alive for Anne!
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #108: Nov 19, 2012 12:25:49 pm
      What does the sig count stand at now?

Should hit 100k if January is the closing date, but the sooner the better.

Fingers crossed and keep the fight alive for Anne!

Passed 90k!  90,401 to be exact.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #109: Nov 19, 2012 03:18:49 pm
      Get this over the line !

Final Push. Tell everyone you know for this brave lady.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #110: Nov 19, 2012 09:48:12 pm
      Get this over the line !

Final Push. Tell everyone you know for this brave lady.

94,002 now, less than 6,000 needed.  Edit, 93,943, don't know what happened there, just over 6k needed.

Pass it on:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #111: Nov 19, 2012 09:57:43 pm
      Final push, really hope this makes any difference. The very least it will show is we're still all together trying for Anne and I hope that alone gives her some small comfort.

YNWA
      JF96
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #112: Nov 19, 2012 10:45:38 pm
      Just 5k is needed now, almost there.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #113: Nov 19, 2012 11:20:02 pm
      Anthony ‏@RedAnt__
      Anne Williams is on BBC breakfast tomorrow morning, & so close to 100k, would be brilliant to hit it before she appears http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925
       Retweeted by Huyton Fattie

Now at 96,492!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #114: Nov 20, 2012 10:51:48 am

Quick Reply