Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Liverpool 1-3 Swansea: In game and Post Match Anger

Read 42452 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Swansea (LC Rd 4)
      Reply #575: Oct 31, 2012 11:27:11 pm
      2005 and 2007 are just behind us even though we didnt win the latter we were number one in Europe just a few years ago. A lot of people speak of this club as a a basket case when even last year we won a trophy and got to the FA Cup final .

But still no bread and butter.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #576: Oct 31, 2012 11:29:24 pm
      So was Boston Airport closed then.

What's inbetween here and Boston ?!?

Transatlantic flights from the Nwest USA have been cancelled for 48 FFS !!

These guys have lives and families in the US
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #577: Oct 31, 2012 11:30:07 pm
      2005 and 2007 are just behind us even though we didnt win the latter we were number one in Europe just a few years ago. A lot of people speak of this club as a a basket case when even last year we won a trophy and got to the FA Cup final .

And most of that team was ripped apart by previous owners and Rafa.

Birmingham won the CC one year and got relegated

Boro one year got to both finals ?!

Cups show we can win one off games

The league is the bread and butter and a better pointer for the standard of the club
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #578: Oct 31, 2012 11:33:16 pm
      Oh Christ can we change the f**king record, why is every f**king thread turned in to a debate about the owners?

It has its own pissing thread that goes round in roundabouts with the same people debating the same points day after day, can we not bring that sh*t in to match topics?

Just back from the game, thankfully. Just a lackluster performance, really dissapointed in some of those players out their today.

We're not in the owners thread?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #579: Oct 31, 2012 11:35:00 pm
      Jones motm for me tonight. He kept us in it.

Aldo said that on City too, also said Stevie was boss when he came on.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #580: Oct 31, 2012 11:35:15 pm
      So you didnt watch the final in 2005 or the Gerrard Final in 2006 .Where you there in 2005 outside St Georges hall
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #581: Oct 31, 2012 11:37:08 pm
      So you didnt watch the final in 2005 or the Gerrard Final in 2006 .Where you there in 2005 outside St Georges hall

7 years ago now ! That's a long time and things have drastically changed.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #582: Oct 31, 2012 11:38:57 pm

Not the point I was making whatsoever, they were f'n fantastic occasions, however,  the League is supposed to be our bread and butter, we have a generation of fans no that have seen us fail for 20 plus years in the league, because as you've no doubt said (at least something similar) yourself, 1st is everything, 2nd is nowhere.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #583: Oct 31, 2012 11:45:39 pm
      He was under the impression we were actually going to bring someone in to replace him.

Business disaster.  Transfer night ?  All sitting around on "Being Liverpool" like in a motorway rest room.

When you  are defending a country (stay with me ) you send a SAC Bomber up before you bring one in.
      Dr Strangelove style.

So where was our player IN before we let Carroll OUT on loan ?  Thats just madness. Thats not business.

18 months before (probably they will say for tax reasons) KD and Comolli let those Toons bas**rds piss all over us in the Carroll deal when we knee jerked to buy him ...in an hour .. or less.

We may need a striker .. a proven striker .....  but we also need a Managing Director who can manage.

Or it wont be long before a Harley goes in the classifieds like that Porsche.

(PS   Comolli at the Baggies ? )
      « Last Edit: Nov 01, 2012 12:05:10 am by eurored »
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #584: Oct 31, 2012 11:56:36 pm
      I'm angry and frustrated as soon as I get to know the result. After taken a look at the team sheet it's pretty obvious that BR is taking a gamble. Would I blame him? No, I won't, I would do the same. 12 more weeks to go before we can get new reinforcement on the pitch with a thin squad, he can't afford to have anymore injuries. Between now and end Jan a massive 36 points at stake, I'm sure BR knows what are his priorities. I believe, he would want a reverse of what KK has achieved to retain his job.

I'd say to the Swans, congrats and enjoy the win while you can, the next time you come up against us you won't be so lucky, it'll be e very different team. Let's focus on Sunday's game against barcodes.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #585: Oct 31, 2012 11:59:42 pm
      What a waste of money that was! Half price tickets, half price performance. Thought the starting line-up was a bit of a joke to be honest. We're playing a Premier League side not someone from League 2. Some players playing tonight that should be no where near our starting XI.

I'm not happy and I'm very tired.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #586: Nov 01, 2012 12:04:03 am
      Just watched the highlights on BBC.

Downing missing an open goal from a rebound.

Says everything.

Nowhere to hide mate   ..... adios.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #587: Nov 01, 2012 12:06:13 am
      Business disaster.  Transfer night ?  All sitting around on "Being Liverpool" like in a motorway rest room.

When you  are defending a country (stay with me ) you send a SAC Bomber up before you bring one in.
      Dr Strangelove style.

So where was our player IN before we let Carroll OUT on loan ?  Thats just madness. Thats not business.

18 months before (probably they will say for tax reasons) KD and Comolli let those Toons bas**rds piss all over us in the Carroll deal when we knee jerked to buy him ...in an hour .. or less.

We may need a striker .. aproven striker .....  but we also need a Managing Director who can manage.

Or it wont be long before a Harley goes in the classifieds like that Porsche.

(PS   Comolli at the Baggies ? )

I could only imagine on the eleventh hour :-

BR  :  I want Demsey

Owner  :  No we ain't goona be held by the b**ls by Fulham. Dempsey doesn't fall into the young players category, he has no resale value.

Ayres  :  Dunno what to do. Went off early at 4.00pm on that day, as someone mentioned.

The owner is right to bring in young and talented players for the future but they will also have to realise the club needs to survive today before we even talk about tomorrow as tommorrow may never come. Hence, there must be a balance in their approach.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #588: Nov 01, 2012 12:28:50 am
      Whoa be tide if we start doing really well!Walton and Corbally would be F****d!!No matter what thread you visit,them two negative pair are giving it 'large' against the owners.One of the reasons I (personally ) rarely post anymore.Is the sh*te negativity one has to endure from the said pair.Wums Wums Wum imho.   :mad:
      PG LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      • JFT96
      Reply #589: Nov 01, 2012 12:38:43 am
      Hopes all the haters would stop moaning...we lost, live with it!, everyone with a brain knows we are rebuilding, we dont have the squad depth of say a Man City or Chelsea, BR could afford to test the water tonight..it didnt work, is he the new messiah? I dont know but only time will tell and lets at least give the club chance to show their worth...YNWA night Reds :)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,342 posts | 2818 
      Reply #590: Nov 01, 2012 12:44:56 am
      It's depressing seeing how many average/underachieving players we have. Game like tonight's just highlights it.

Without Suarez we look absolutely sh*te going forward, not looking forward to the game he'll be suspended for when he gets that inevitable 5th yellow.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #591: Nov 01, 2012 01:03:05 am
      Just got in, what was worse than the sub standard display I saw was our 'world class' fans that were sat around me. Sat in 106 don't normally but got really good tickets due to only cple of us going normally have to buy in general sale and sit nearer corners. But F**k me no one singing the atmosphere was embarrassing and believe me I feel disgusted at myself say this. The bloke who was sat next to me did manage a cheer when Suarez scored at that was only time he did owt, spent half the first half 'updating sum1' via text and other half blaming Joe Cole for anything any1 did wrong.

Now don't get me wrong Cole was poor but sum of the things this bloke was blaming him for under his breathe to his son was ridiculous. Knowledgeable fans not if that blokes the benchmark!!!

I saw a blog by the redmen and tonight emphasized it they said there's too man blokes who used to stand/sit on Kop that feel thats where they still have to sit, but these same blokes are not into it anymore they don't want to sing they don't want to give the lads that boost when there flat like tonight (alright it was a League Cup game but it shouldn't matter!). The Kop used to be our 12th man we need it more than ever at the minute and sorry but that's not why our crowd/stadium/fans got the name they've rightly got around the globe.

Passion breeds passion COME ON REDMEN YNWA
      MsGerrard
      Reply #592: Nov 01, 2012 01:18:17 am
      Just got back from the game myself, dissapointment doesn't even begin to express how I'm feeling  :f_steam:

There was no fight in the lads tonight, we didn't really looked like scoring until Suarez and Gerrard came on the pitch, and even then we still looked out of sorts - basically Swansea wanted it much more than us, atmosphere was poor and it was generally a bit of a shitty night.

The only good thing tonight was my seat, right next to the Directors Box, unfortunately I had a close up of Ian Ayre, who sat only feet away from me, I had Peter Hooton in front of me and everytime Phil Thompson turned round me and Gow had to duck :laugh:

Was very close to the dug out and that coat that Brendan wears is spot on  ;)

It's a long way home when you've been beat  :(
      solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #593: Nov 01, 2012 01:21:10 am
      We Liverpool FC as a Club, need to get out from the bottom half of the table and push as far upwards as possible. That should be our priority this season.

We need to be able to attract the best players to the club and also groom the young players to step up. We won't be able to do the first part finishing anywhere from 5th - 20th.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #594: Nov 01, 2012 01:25:07 am
      I just watched the highlights and the first goal against us was due to the hole in the arc that we failed to patrol effectively and was taken full advantage of by the opposition time and again and it has cost us again. If we had close down that space quicker, Swansea would not have the corner that resulted in the goal. Why such a high backline when we have Carra and Coates, I just don't understand. And Downing missing that sitter, only he knows why.

Link to the goals  :-

http://football-talk.co.uk/69411/video-goals-liverpool-1-3-swansea-suarez-goal-not-enough-for-reds/
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #595: Nov 01, 2012 01:29:04 am
      Just got back from the game myself, dissapointment doesn't even begin to express how I'm feeling  :f_steam:

There was no fight in the lads tonight, we didn't really looked like scoring until Suarez and Gerrard came on the pitch, and even then we still looked out of sorts - basically Swansea wanted it much more than us, atmosphere was poor and it was generally a bit of a shitty night.

The only good thing tonight was my seat, right next to the Directors Box, unfortunately I had a close up of Ian Ayre, who sat only feet away from me, I had Peter Hooton in front of me and everytime Phil Thompson turned round me and Gow had to duck :laugh:

Was very close to the dug out and that coat that Brendan wears is spot on  ;)

It's a long way home when you've been beat  :(

Maybe should consider getting Thompson back as an assistant manager to toughen up some of the players.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #596: Nov 01, 2012 01:46:26 am
      That was pure, unadulterated,  pish tonight; no point in denying it. One trophy we, obviously, don't consider worthy of our 'new' standing amongst the FFP 'elite'...best we concentrate on the League; eh?  >:D
      canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #597: Nov 01, 2012 02:29:15 am
      I dont think our young players are good enough to lift this team up the table,might be next year.The next two months will be critical we need 40 points this season to escape regulation, and we have ten so a long way to go. Dont think there is enough money to get the class we want in the transfer market , Carrols value will drop like a lead balloon if his form drops right off, which might be the case. Which will lead us to fewer options.Forget europa or the FA cup we are in survival mode right now.

Quick Reply