Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Liverpool 1-3 Swansea: In game and Post Match Anger

Read 42410 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Swansea (LC Rd 4)
      Reply #598: Nov 01, 2012 02:46:04 am
       I went for a 4-1 win for us in the prediction league,how wrong could I be,it would be interesting if anyone forcast the right score.Ah well that is one cup we will not be winning this season.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #599: Nov 01, 2012 04:54:29 am
      I dont think our young players are good enough to lift this team up the table,might be next year.The next two months will be critical we need 40 points this season to escape regulation, and we have ten so a long way to go. Dont think there is enough money to get the class we want in the transfer market , Carrols value will drop like a lead balloon if his form drops right off, which might be the case. Which will lead us to fewer options.Forget europa or the FA cup we are in survival mode right now.

Yes as this point of time, say i'm bloody negative but we really need to start to gather points to be safe, otherwise we're in deep s**t. We can't take for granted teams below us as easy meat as april/may next year draws nearer easy opponents becomes difficult to beat while tough teams remains difficult to beat. The owners have insisted too much into the future, what's the point when the investment of young and potential players will only take effect in the next 2 or 3 years when we can't survive this period. The policy must be a balance of young potential players and also establshed and experience players.

indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #600: Nov 01, 2012 05:27:59 am
      Yes as this point of time, say i'm bloody negative but we really need to start to gather points to be safe, otherwise we're in deep s**t. We can't take for granted teams below us as easy meat as april/may next year draws nearer easy opponents becomes difficult to beat while tough teams remains difficult to beat. The owners have insisted too much into the future, what's the point when the investment of young and potential players will only take effect in the next 2 or 3 years when we can't survive this period. The policy must be a balance of young potential players and also establshed and experience players.
      Exactly
      It is what happened with arsenal.They replaced their quality players just hitting peak with young players,and then those players starting to play class football they also moved. Imagine if they managed to stay cesc and RVP, along with additions such as cazorla and podolski with wilshere from academy? It would have been a title winning squad.

I fear same will happen with us too.We cant expect loyalty from everyone like gerrard. He could have won titles if he moved to chelsea,but he stayed with us to help us.
      Imagine is suso reaches the potential he is expected to be in 3 seasons,and we are still struggling at mid table?,
      We need to add experienced players in this jan window,otherwise we will follow the same root of arsenal.

During our downfall from 2009,we saw rise of two clubs city and spurs. Sad to say everton is more closer to CL than us at the moment.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Re: Liverpool 1-3 Swansea: In game and Post Match Anger
      Reply #601: Nov 01, 2012 08:29:55 am
      Its now getting to the stage where im dissapointed but not suprised if we dont get a result ....However when your friends stop sending you messages taking the piss then thats when you realise the club is being left behind ......
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #602: Nov 01, 2012 08:41:55 am
      Man ... we're struggling for results aren't we?

We're kinda getting so bad to a point that even my United friends don't feel anything anymore whenever we lose. We're so far behind them that what results we get don't matter to them, apparently.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #603: Nov 01, 2012 09:08:56 am
      Thing is there is only the Arse and the Chavs of any seriousness  left in.

We could have got revenge at Wembley for the FA Cup Final.

Opportunity missed.  Like lots of things at the moment.

One striker ?    FFS.

Anyone done the stats on position and points without Luis ?

Scary.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #604: Nov 01, 2012 09:36:24 am
      kind of knew we would lose this one and that's okay.. well it isn't but it's the league cup the last priority. if this was the FA cup i'd be a little more annoyed
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #605: Nov 01, 2012 10:59:39 am
      Some of us are barking up the wrong tree by being angry with BR. If BR had a strong squad would he send out a team of youngsters set out to loose? I don't think so, what BR did was the most logical thing to do and I'd do the same.

I'm not dissapointed with the results but just sad and I believe BR knows where to put his eggs into which basket. No one likes loosing and that includes BR and he's trying his best to prevent more injuries to 1st team players. He took a gamble with the young and new players but it didn't worked. Doesn't matter the Capital Cup is not the be all and end all, rather than getting a few more injuries to 1st team players.

Funnily if it had worked out, BR would have been a hero. After I've read BR's comments, he expected every player, particularly the new signings to be counted but it didn't materialise, and it's pretty clear in his message he can only give them that many chance to perform and if they failed to seize the opportunity to perform, I'm sure BR knows what to do next, I think he's beginning to run out of patience. 

The problem that we're seing now is a result of; big signings last season did not work out at all, many of BR signings have not been performing to expectations some are young and inexperienced and needed more time, dislodged too many older and experience players in the name of cost cutting by the owners end of last season and did not replenish with capable players while the owners still did not realise that we need to sign experience and cabable players to steady the ship while waiting for the younger players to mature in their game. How wonderful if we can get a few more Sterlings around. The owners can't expect BR to perform miracles. Nevertheless, I'm backing the manager to the fullest, what else can I do except to feel pity for him and hope that he can perform miracles along the way and I'm sure everyday till the opening of the transfer window will be like eternity to him.

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #606: Nov 01, 2012 11:31:53 am
      Quote from Adryan
      We're kinda getting so bad to a point that even my United friends don't feel anything anymore whenever we lose. We're so far behind them that what results we get don't matter to them, apparently.

Last year Rodgers finished 11th. This year we are on track for a similiar finish.

When in our heyday, we didn't prioritise. We just stuck our best 11 onto the pitch and battered the opposition out of sight. European Cup, UEFA Cup, League Cup, League, it didn't matter, we wanted to win. Now we prioritise, and consequently we fail. While that is the mantra, our results won't matter to anyone else.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #607: Nov 01, 2012 12:53:07 pm
      I'm surprised at some of the reactions in here. It was a poor performance no question, but you have to remember we're playing in four competitions with a squad big enough only for two.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #608: Nov 01, 2012 01:06:47 pm
      Man ... we're struggling for results aren't we?

That is so depressing :(
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #609: Nov 01, 2012 01:16:53 pm
      Last year Rodgers finished 11th. This year we are on track for a similiar finish.

When in our heyday, we didn't prioritise. We just stuck our best 11 onto the pitch and battered the opposition out of sight. European Cup, UEFA Cup, League Cup, League, it didn't matter, we wanted to win. Now we prioritise, and consequently we fail. While that is the mantra, our results won't matter to anyone else.

2 things

1) we werent setting the league alight for the past 3 seasons so its not like we have fallen from grace this season. Add to the fact that we have 30 or 31 games to go its far too early to predict finishing places. Couple of wins and we shoot up the table, that wont make us title contenders either

2) Not 1 premier league club us, city Chelsea Southampton QPR none prioritise the leagUe cup or put there best 11 out. They all multi change from the weekend starting teams.  So were not alone in this way of thinking.  In our heyday there was no "squad" you had 14 15 players and a reserve team. Its a different world now
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #610: Nov 01, 2012 01:31:46 pm
      I was happy enough with the team we put out before the game, with such a thin squad sacrifices have to be made and after what happened with Kenny last season it is no surprise that Brendan sees his priorities lying elsewhere.

I did however think Brendan got his tactics wrong, while the team just never got going in the first half. Not sure if Brendan blaming the team for that performance is wholly correct, as I think his tactics were as much to blame for that defeat as the team.

Onwards and upwards.... Newcastle next up and a chance to knock the smug smile off their faces for selling us Carroll and then boasting about how clever they were.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #611: Nov 01, 2012 01:46:53 pm

Disagree found them very witty last night, what our support used to be!

Was very impressed with Swansea last night, movement and football was very good, we were for around 75 minutes absolutely sh*te, Yesil looks okay but looked lost playing on his own up top, defo needs a few more games before I'd consider starting him in the first XI. Joe Cole was a F***ing joke and wants binning now and Gerrard doesn't suit that deep lying role, got caught too many times last night and for the first time I'd say Joe Allen needed a kick up the arse, caught one too many times in possession.

The only bonus of getting knocked out, we won't be subjected to anymore first team appearances by Joe Cole.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #612: Nov 01, 2012 01:57:41 pm
      Disagree found them very witty last night, what our support used to be!

Was very impressed with Swansea last night, movement and football was very good, we were for around 75 minutes absolutely sh*te, Yesil looks okay but looked lost playing on his own up top, defo needs a few more games before I'd consider starting him in the first XI. Joe Cole was a f**king joke and wants binning now and Gerrard doesn't suit that deep lying role, got caught too many times last night and for the first time I'd say Joe Allen needed a kick up the arse, caught one too many times in possession.

The only bonus of getting knocked out, we won't be subjected to anymore first team appearances by Joe Cole.

I agree with you mate, but I thought Yesil at least showed a couple of glimpses of quality last night. No where near ready, but at least he showed there is something there to be worked on. Smoking Joe just doesn't have the legs anymore, think we will have to pay part of his wages when we give him away.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #613: Nov 01, 2012 02:04:57 pm
      I think Yesil would have looked a whole lot better if he had a better partner behind him. He was left isolated and every time he got the ball he was surrounded by two or three players. I thought it was a bit unfair to sub him out with Cole, personally.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #614: Nov 01, 2012 02:13:52 pm
      I agree with you mate, but I thought Yesil at least showed a couple of glimpses of quality last night. No where near ready, but at least he showed there is something there to be worked on. Smoking Joe just doesn't have the legs anymore, think we will have to pay part of his wages when we give him away.

Totally agree, something there in Yesil, just looked lightweight if you know what I mean.

I think Yesil would have looked a whole lot better if he had a better partner behind him. He was left isolated and every time he got the ball he was surrounded by two or three players. I thought it was a bit unfair to sub him out with Cole, personally.

Agree partly with that, had no support from Cole, most in the ground thought it was the right decision though to sub him and Cole for Gerrard and Suarez.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #615: Nov 01, 2012 02:22:52 pm
      I would have much preferred to see Pacheco start rather than Cole, and I have no idea why he wasn't in the squad, or why he hasn't played more matches this season.

Imagine how the lad feels when he doesn't even get on the bench and then has to witness "as good as messi" joke hole wandering about like a fart in a collander.

That's really my only problem with BR and last nights starting line up.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #616: Nov 01, 2012 02:25:10 pm
      I would have much preferred to see Pacheco start rather than Cole, and I have no idea why he wasn't in the squad, or why he hasn't played more matches this season.

Imagine how the lad feels when he doesn't even get on the bench and then has to witness "as good as messi" joke hole wandering about like a fart in a collander.

That's really my only problem with BR and last nights starting line up.

Totally agree with this Swab and I'm also at a loss why Pacheco isn't involved more considering our current options.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #617: Nov 01, 2012 02:46:01 pm
      Would you lot want him to put out our strongest team and have them even more tired vs. Newcastle this weekend than they were at Goodison last weekend? Christ.

He needs to leave Joe Allen on the bench one of these games. He's clearly knackered.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #618: Nov 01, 2012 03:24:13 pm
      Poor enough now. It wasn't until we actually got the 1 goal back that the team realised how to play together.

It's even more obvious now which players have no future at the club. We probably will still have them on our hands for another window or 2 tho, as Rodgers said.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #619: Nov 01, 2012 06:01:57 pm
      Wrong thread. But, a list of possibilities:

1. Le Arse lose to scums
      2. Everton visit Fulham and you can expect them to lose.
      3. We win against Newcastle (fingers crossed).

We will be 2 points behind arsenal and 3 points behind the "high-flying" neverton.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #620: Nov 01, 2012 06:29:58 pm
      Was poor right from the moment the squad was named. Cole shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11 be it a League Cup game or not and Yesil is no where near ready, IMO Morgan is closer to being ready than him and he's no where near!

Not good enough, teams like Swansea should be coming to Anfield and looking for damage limitation, not looking to tw*t 3 past us!

Quick Reply