Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Liverpool 1-3 Swansea: In game and Post Match Anger

Read 42404 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Liverpool 1-3 Swansea: In game and Post Match Anger
      Reply #621: Nov 01, 2012 06:32:58 pm
      Playing such a high line was always a welcome for attack,it's how we exposed teams like Barca back in the day,i hope we revert to a 4-2-3-1 at some point.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,194 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #622: Nov 01, 2012 07:19:02 pm
      Small squad = small results, we are a club in decline !.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #623: Nov 01, 2012 07:22:58 pm
      Small squad = small results, we are a club in decline !.
      ~Its very difficult to argue with the facts.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #624: Nov 01, 2012 08:48:50 pm
      I wasn't annoyed by the team he put out in general as that is the position we are in but I do feel Brendan got a couple of things wrong.

The midfield was over run too easily and with us carrying Cole made it even worse.

I'd have much preferred to see Henderson there beside Allen with Jonjo further forward as Jonjo is much more effective further up the pitch and we could have used McLaughlin if he wanted to rest Wisdom.

Allen was virtually on his own as Shelvey seemed a bit lost to his actual position and we conceded too much possession becauseof this.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #625: Nov 01, 2012 08:52:11 pm
      Wrong thread. But, a list of possibilities:

1. Le Arse lose to scums
      2. Everton visit Fulham and you can expect them to lose.
      3. We win against Newcastle (fingers crossed).

We will be 2 points behind arsenal and 3 points behind the "high-flying" neverton.

Woah .. Random positivity !
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #626: Nov 01, 2012 09:17:32 pm
      Quote from Brian78
      Not 1 premier league club us, city Chelsea Southampton QPR none prioritise the leagUe cup or put there best 11 out. They all multi change from the weekend starting teams.  So were not alone in this way of thinking.  In our heyday there was no "squad" you had 14 15 players and a reserve team. Its a different world now

It isn't. It's still 11 v 11 over 90 minutes in knockout cup football.

Who other clubs put out is their business. In my profession, you have to function all day every day, tired or not. In other sports, players play every couple of days. There's no time or tolerance for tiredness. Full-time professional footballers here with the best of everything, are more than capable of playing 3 hours a week, and if they can't, they're in the wrong job.

Quote from kevinho
      Would you lot want him to put out our strongest team and have them even more tired vs. Newcastle this weekend than they were at Goodison last weekend?

We've won 2 league games all season. If we're not good enough to beat Newcastle at home these days, then we're not. Tiredness is not a valid reason.
      Fourbrick3
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 131 posts |
      Reply #627: Nov 01, 2012 11:07:18 pm
      Last year Rodgers finished 11th. This year we are on track for a similiar finish.

When in our heyday, we didn't prioritise. We just stuck our best 11 onto the pitch and battered the opposition out of sight. European Cup, UEFA Cup, League Cup, League, it didn't matter, we wanted to win. Now we prioritise, and consequently we fail. While that is the mantra, our results won't matter to anyone else.

Well said. Totally agree.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #628: Nov 02, 2012 12:12:34 am
      Exactly
      It is what happened with arsenal.They replaced their quality players just hitting peak with young players,and then those players starting to play class football they also moved. Imagine if they managed to stay cesc and RVP, along with additions such as cazorla and podolski with wilshere from academy? It would have been a title winning squad.

I fear same will happen with us too.We cant expect loyalty from everyone like gerrard. He could have won titles if he moved to chelsea,but he stayed with us to help us.
      Imagine is suso reaches the potential he is expected to be in 3 seasons,and we are still struggling at mid table?,
      We need to add experienced players in this jan window,otherwise we will follow the same root of arsenal.

During our downfall from 2009,we saw rise of two clubs city and spurs. Sad to say everton is more closer to CL than us at the moment.

I'm afraid we are already going down that route.

Owners must come to their senses, ok huge mistakes were made last season transfer window and we need to get over that and start to re-build from this very moment.

Let's rewind back to the 70s and 80s and see what we can learn from it. We had a very very strong 1st team while those on the bench were equally good. Next in the pipeline, we have another batch of players from the reserve and some new players from other clubs from our strong scouting team. Many from up north, never heard of before but turned out to be GEMS and went on to make a name for themselves, and ever ready to take over from the seniors. We were then building from the back as we already have a very strong and settle 1st 11. We tried to do the same now, but we are far from a settled or good enough 1st eleven while in modern day EPL it just doesn't give us the luxury of time to build from the back when the 1st eleven is not near to good enough to finish in the top 4 while dropping to the relegation zone maybe a reality as there're no more easy teams to beat in the league.

As it is now, I'd say roughly and most probably only 6 players of our current 1st team squad will get into our 70s or 80s team and we have to spend to get the other 6. Ok, I don't expect the owner to splash 25 mil each or 150 mil in total next season to get those players, but do it gradually, say 2-players per season and we'll have a strong squad and stability at the beginning of the third year. But the owners must get ready to invest in players in the next 3 years to expedite the process to get us back to the top 4 while the use of effective and intelligent scouts may not require us to spend that much.  Some 1st team player may slow down or retire and those from the reserve will then ready to take over. They can't expect BR to keep buying players of 18 and 19 years old and expects him and the young players to perform miracles immediately. How I wish everyone of them turned out to be Raheem Sterling.

The owner is doing the opposite at the moment, ever ready to invest in young and potential players but unwilling to invest to steady the ship and lost sight of the present is dangerous that we may end up at the relegation zone if we get a few more players on the treatment table. Ok, I may exaggerate situation or pressed the panic button too soon, but it's better to do so now then in April next year. We're about halfway between the top four and the drop zone and I don't want to see the club end up at the wrong end.

« Last Edit: Nov 02, 2012 12:37:25 am by redkop63 »
      Super jack
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #629: Nov 02, 2012 12:20:20 am
       :f_steam: :f_wah: :lmao: :mad:I posted on Tuesday remember humpty dumpy and that's exactly what happened BR,S game is in the past it was always being found out so laudrup brought it  forward and added his own game to it that's why you lfc looked out of theirs depth Rodgers has NOT got a plan B it's so very very obvious if this forum is depressing now god help us by Xmas
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,327 posts | 181 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #630: Nov 02, 2012 05:14:56 am
      What the F**k is going on here?

I came to read about the performance and ended up reading the same sh*te from the same apes that are swarming every other thread with their F**k-the-owners-doomsday-is coming propaganda.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #631: Nov 02, 2012 08:57:53 am
      FFS we are where we are. We all know the situation, do not expect miracles. Expect to lose a few games, our team has hardly played together. they are all about 22...and our main\best players have ALL committed themselves to Anfield - despite interest from the biggest clubs around.

Things can only get better, I think we have the right manager and owners.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #632: Nov 02, 2012 09:13:43 am
      Last year Rodgers finished 11th. This year we are on track for a similiar finish.

When in our heyday, we didn't prioritise. We just stuck our best 11 onto the pitch and battered the opposition out of sight. European Cup, UEFA Cup, League Cup, League, it didn't matter, we wanted to win. Now we prioritise, and consequently we fail. While that is the mantra, our results won't matter to anyone else.
      We haven't got a best 11!! How far back is it you can remember when we had a fully fit list of preferred options for Brendan.
      He has to make the best job he can out of the kids and squad players and as you said defeat is more likely than not under those restrictions.
      Why has the manager been put in this position?
      Why are we floundering mid-league?
      There is no depth to the squad, the quality is not there, it's very admirable investing in youth but what about right now?
      By way of an over-reaction ask yourself the question ''could the kids gain us promotion from the Championship??''
      That might seem like a ridiculous proposition nevertheless if John Henry doesn't get his hands in his F***ing pocket that where we're heading. 
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #633: Nov 02, 2012 01:29:20 pm
      Brendan with one or two exceptions put out the second string to see if they could justify a place in the starting 11.

They didn't.

He put on Stevie and Lois on at the beginning of the second half and things got a lot better.  Raheem improved the position but you can only replce three players and the defence remained woeful.

We got what we deserved and Swansea were not flattered by the result.

We have a thin squad and are short of a top class striker.

Nothing we do not already know.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #634: Nov 02, 2012 09:03:35 pm
      WTF

That is all
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #635: Nov 03, 2012 12:57:12 pm
      :f_steam: :f_wah: :lmao: :mad:I posted on Tuesday remember humpty dumpy and that's exactly what happened BR,S game is in the past it was always being found out so laudrup brought it  forward and added his own game to it that's why you lfc looked out of theirs depth Rodgers has NOT got a plan B it's so very very obvious if this forum is depressing now god help us by Xmas

In all honesty, I barely understood a word you said there.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #636: Nov 03, 2012 02:36:03 pm
      In all honesty, I barely understood a word you said there.

Neither did I. What I was trying to work out is he a Swansea fan or someone jumping on our dysfunctional bandwagon? "you lfc" and "god help us by xmas" One confused sheepsahgger though!!!
      Super jack
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #637: Nov 04, 2012 09:54:43 pm
      Neither did I. What I was trying to work out is he a Swansea fan or someone jumping on our dysfunctional bandwagon? "you lfc" and "god help us by xmas" One confused sheepsahgger though!!!
      we might be called certain names one of them you can't even spell properly  muppet but we always without fail get behind our team,whether winning or losing I am a Swansea supporter but have followed THE POOL for over 50 years good and bad . We were a goal down against Chelsea but the stadium rocked and we played them off the park scored and nearly won it. So instead of moaning get behind the team and as for the reference to humpy dumpy he had a great fall and that's exactly what's happened to LFC
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #638: Nov 05, 2012 01:34:06 pm
      we might be called certain names one of them you can't even spell properly  muppet but we always without fail get behind our team,whether winning or losing I am a Swansea supporter but have followed THE POOL for over 50 years good and bad . We were a goal down against Chelsea but the stadium rocked and we played them off the park scored and nearly won it. So instead of moaning get behind the team and as for the reference to humpy dumpy he had a great fall and that's exactly what's happened to LFC

My apologies was typing quickly - SHEEPSHAGGER - there spelt it properly for you now! Wow haven't been called the Pool in like a F***ing age (It's the Reds round these parts, oldtimer!!) and how the F**k do you support Swansea and Liverpool. Oh yeah cos you're a glory hunting tw*t, that's why you claim to have supported us for 50 odd F***ing years, but of course the minute Swansea get into the Prem you're a SUPERJACK. Well bellend I come from Liverpool have supported Liverpool for 30 odd years and seen them win everything and I don't give a F**k about how long you claim to have supported us, I don't want your F***ing support, there is only one team in my life, so you get back to watching your F***ing sh*t swans who I can remember raping 8-0 once at Anfield, just like I can remmeber seeing them win the league, European Cup, Uefa Cup, FA Cup League Cup...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz. What the F**k you seen your super swans win. Or were you supporting the reds at the time. People like you confuse me!!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      Reply #639: Nov 05, 2012 01:59:55 pm
      humpy dumpy he had a great fall and that's exactly what's happened to LFC

And you seem to revel in it too!

I live a few miles from the Liberty Stadium, but I've supported Liverpool for 34 years. Sure I've followed the Swans and even been down the old Vetch Field a few times. That's because I'm a football fan/man. But I knew then and now where my love is; Anfield.

I also know quite a few so called 'Liverpool fans', close friends and acquaintences, who, once the Swans got into the Prem, it was a case of; 'Oh yeah, I've supported Liverpool for 30 odd (or whatever) years, BUT Swansea is my home town you see?' No I don't see. Then you all bog off down the Liberty Stadium to jump around and chant and shout for the Swans. Hypocritical bull sh*t of the highest order.

I've had staunch (at least who I thought were staunch) Liverpool supporters ask me how I can still follow Liverpool FC now that my home town club were in the Prem? They told me I was a traitor, and that they couldn't understand my logic. The irony was totally lost on them of course. Is it lost on you too, do you understand the irony of what they said?

So who were you cheering for when the Swans beat us 3-1 at home in the League Cup (which WE have won a record 8 times - I don't think you've even been passed the first round 8 times!). I refused a seat on the away stand because I just could not go to Anfield and sit on my hands when we (Liverpool) scored, nor pretend to be happy when the Swans scored. Were you pig sick when they put the 3rd in? Did you jump for joy when Suarez scored? I'm genuinely interested to know how 'you' coped that evening. Congitive Dissonace all the way I'll wager. Then again, probably not.

You are just like all the other so called 'Liverpool supporters who also support Swansea City'. Crawling out of the woodwork to follow the Swans after claiming allegience to LFC. You are luke warm at best, no good for either club, and you haven't the first idea what real support is.

So from one sheep shagger to another; bollocks to you, that mind set and all that comes with it.

EDIT: Check my signature
      « Last Edit: Nov 05, 2012 02:20:50 pm by Rush »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #640: Nov 05, 2012 02:07:01 pm
      And you seem to revel in it too!

I live a few miles from the Liberty Stadium, but I've supported Liverpool for 34 years. Sure I've followed the Swans and even been down the old Vetch Field a few times. That's because I'm a football fan/man. But I knew then and now where my love is; Anfield.

I also know quite a few so called 'Liverpool fans', close friends and acquaintences, who, once the Swans got into the Prem, it was a case of; 'Oh yeah, I've supported Liverpool for 30 odd (or whatever years), BUT Swansea is my home town you see?' No I don't see. Then you all bog off down the Liberty Stadium to jump around and chant and shout for the Swans. Hypocritical bull sh*t of the highest order.

I've had staunch (at least who I thought were staunch) Liverpool supporters ask me how I can still follow Liverpool FC now that my home town club were in the Prem? They told me I was a traitor, and that they couldn't understand my logic. The irony was totally lost on them of course. Is it lost on you too, do you understand the irony of what they said?

So who were you cheering for when the Swans beat us 3-1 at home in the League Cup (which WE have won a record 8 times - I don't think you've even been passed the first round 8 times!). I refused a seat on the away stand because I just could not go to Anfield and sit on my hands when we (Liverpool) scored, nor pretend to be happy when the Swans scored. Were you pig sick when they put the 3rd in? Did you jump for joy when Suarez scored? I'm genuinely interested to know how 'you' coped that evening. Congitive Dissonace all the way I'll wager. Then again, probably not.

You are just like all the other so called 'Liverpool supporters who also support Swansea City'. Crawling out of the woodwork to follow the Swans after claiming allegience to LFC. You are luke warm at best, no good for either club, and you haven't the first idea what real support is.

So from one sheep shagger to another; bollocks to you, that mind set and all that comes with it.

EDIT: Check my signature

Is what I was talking about!! Well done my man - scouse in heart mate ;)
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      Reply #641: Nov 05, 2012 02:18:19 pm
      Is what I was talking about!! Well done my man - scouse in heart mate ;)
      The underlined reminds me of something I heard a few years ago;

'There's no place for Liverpool in my heart - because Liverpool IS my heart!'

YNWA

Quick Reply