Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. How are the REDS gonna do this weekend against the Magpies

A  win for the Reds?
      66 (80.5%)
      Draw?
      13 (15.9%)
      Lose?
      3 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Pre Match : Liverpool FC vs Newcastle United . SUN 4 NOV 2012 (16:00)

Read 7069 times
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Re: Pre Match : Liverpool FC vs Newcastle United . SUN 4 NOV 2012 (16:00)
      Reply #23: Nov 02, 2012 06:37:33 pm
      Pepe

Wisdom
      Skittles
      Agger
      Johnson (if fit)

Allen
      Gerrard
      Sahin

Suso
      Suarez
      Sterling
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #24: Nov 02, 2012 08:46:17 pm
      I admittedly feared we would lose to Swansea, but I am confident we will beat this lot.  Our 1st 11 is very strong, but when you take out Stevie, Luis, Glen, Agger, and Skrtel and replace them with our squad players, we become a very average side at best :(

I think our best 11 will put a hurting on Newcastle though!!

2-0 to us!!
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #25: Nov 02, 2012 10:19:52 pm
      Liverpool lack the players to revive their fortunes, says Alan Pardew
      • Newcastle manager sympathises with Brendan Rodgers
      • Pardew says Reds need to make a couple of new signings

Louise Taylor
      The Guardian, Friday 2 November 2012 22.00 GMT

Liverpool's Brendan Rodgers is working with one hand behind his back, says Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew. Photograph: Paul Ellis/AFP/Getty Images
      Alan Pardew believes Brendan Rodgers has not been provided with the players required to revive Liverpool's fortunes and is effectively working with one hand tied behind his back.

"What Brendan has is this vision about how he would like to play," said the Newcastle United manager whose side visit Anfield on Sunday. "You need to have all the right tools for that and, I have to be honest, I don't think he has them. For whatever reason, I don't think Liverpool, in the last window, gave him all the tools he needs at that level. It was always going to be difficult for Brendan.

"Everyone can see that, they need a couple of extra players in that team. The last window did not end well for Liverpool with Andy Carroll going out on loan to West Ham and no one coming in."

Pardew is well qualified to speak about Rodgers as, during his time in charge of Reading, he employed him as a youth coach and the pair remain close. It gives him no pleasure to see his friend struggling to steer what he regards as a "vulnerable" Liverpool towards the top six after a difficult start to the season.

"There's a little bit more pressure at Liverpool because of the stature and the trophies that they've won," he said. "They still have some fantastic players, Steven Gerrard and Luis Suárez are two of the best players in the Premier League, but it's a period for Brendan and the team when they're evolving and, when they're evolving, they're vulnerable."

While essential in the long term, Rodgers's emphasis on aesthetics can be seen as exaggerating such susceptibility. "You have to remember that Brendan is someone who was brought in to play a style of football and a vision they believe in," Pardew said. "They have to give him time and the right tools.

"I know Brendan very well and I was thinking about us both the other day. I don't think we would have believed that one of us would be Newcastle manager and the other Liverpool manager – two very big clubs."

Not that he underestimated Rodgers. "I always thought Brendan would do very well, always thought he would make a great coach. He has all the right attributes to be a teacher-type coach/manager which is what he is. I admire his vision."

Where Pardew, whose key striker, Demba Ba, faces a fitness test on a shin injury, differs from Rodgers is that, were he in charge at Anfield, he would not have countenanced involvement in the recent Channel 5 fly on the wall documentary, Being Liverpool. "No, I wouldn't allow it," he said.

With hindsight José Enrique – the Liverpool left-back who had cameo moments in the expose – may regret his decision to swap St James' Park for Anfield in the summer of 2011. A huge success on Tyneside Enrique has struggled on Merseyside this season while his replacement at Newcastle, Davide Santon, is going from strength to strength after recovering from the lingering side effects of the knee injury which spelt the end of his career as a teenager wonder at Internazionale under José Mourinho.

"Along with Hatem Ben Arfa, Davide has been our best player this year," said Pardew who hopes Newcastle will secure their first league win at Anfield for 18 years. "He's getting better and I think he has a chance of getting back into the Italy national side if he continues the form he's been showing. Santon had amazing success as a boy footballer at Inter but he's a man now and he's a better player."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/nov/02/liverpool-brendan-rodgers-newcastle-alan-pardew?CMP=twt_gu
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #26: Nov 02, 2012 10:23:19 pm
      Don't we know Mr pardew.

Anyway, we'll beat these.
      Super jack
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #27: Nov 02, 2012 11:35:20 pm
       :f_steam: :f_steam:Here we go again same old nonsense we,ll beat this lot 3 0 4 0 come down to earth with a bump that's what will happen just enjoy  every game as its played too much pressure on yourselves and it rubs of on the team they never look as though they are enjoying it  just chill out you'll all drop off the planet with heart attacks
      sonuxs
      • Forum Kevin Keegan
      • Started Topic

• 332 posts |
      Reply #28: Nov 03, 2012 12:41:18 am

By the way a very poor attempt at starting a match thread considering the amount of effort others have went to this season.

Agreed.Apologies. :f_sorry:
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #29: Nov 03, 2012 01:06:24 am
      Got a feeling it'll be good but close game, still fancy us to nick it by a goal..2-1.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,523 posts | 2874 
      Reply #30: Nov 03, 2012 01:28:14 am
      Hopefully mate. Either injured or part of deal to sign him states he doesnt play against us Sunday  :D

Yeah he's been on fire since Pardew moved him back up top. Wouldn't mind him here to be honest, even with that dodgy knee.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #31: Nov 03, 2012 02:32:53 am
      I believe, the game will be won or lost in midfield. I wouldn't start Henderson but Shelvey instead. We need to stiffle their midfield and cut off the supply line. I'll go for 3-5-2. We need to control the middle of the park and our players will need to stick to their midfielders like leaches and not allow them the space and time.  They scored 11 and conceded 13 against us 12 and 14, both have same goal difference. On paper, nothing much to choose between the two and it very much depends on our players confidence and how hungry are we. I wonder who voted for use to loose, there must be a mole somewhere.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #32: Nov 03, 2012 04:11:45 am
      Home win.
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #33: Nov 03, 2012 06:11:07 am
      I think they have some class players in attack but feel like that defense is a very enticing matchup, the only clean sheet they've kept on the road was against Maritimo when they drew 0-0. Santon seems a decent player but Colocinni, Williamson and Simpson round it out...

Need a home win, and think the redmen will be on the front foot most of the game in this one. also- Ben Arfa on the counter will be scary. They will be without Tiote which I think is huge and is a big boost for us in the midfield battle. 3-1 redmen
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #34: Nov 03, 2012 07:44:13 am
      Think we will get the much needed win we need, it will be tight, I see us winning by the odd goal.. 2-1

Collocini was immense during the north east derby the other week, but not sure how much he or Williamson will like getting turned in tight spaces by Luis.. We need to get bodies in the box though for the second balls..

They are dangerous going forward, but if we use the ball well and try to dominate possession we can keep it away from them

Id go

Reina
      Wisdom Skrtel Agger Johnson

Allen      Sahin

Sterling     Gerrard       Suso

Suarez

However Brendan will probably go

Reina
      Wisdom Skrtel Agger Johnson

Allen

Gerrard      Sahin

Sterling                   Suso

Suarez

We need to put a run together starting Sunday, I think we will but it will be tough..

Come on redmen.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #35: Nov 03, 2012 07:49:20 am
      Would consider giving Assaidi a pop ahead of Suso.

The result? Who knows what Liverpool will turn up.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #36: Nov 03, 2012 08:15:41 am
       I have gone for a win(as I usually do) it is what I expect ,don't let me down REDS.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #37: Nov 03, 2012 10:04:58 am
      Back to the real money maker (£800k a place?) that is Premier League after the distraction of 'trying' to win trophies  :-\ so we should see a strong team line up for this.

Newcastle play an expansive enough game so we stand more than a fighting chance of scoring a few goals. If we can keep things tight at the back this could be easy enough.
      canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #38: Nov 03, 2012 10:38:02 am
      We are staring regulation in the face, and newcastle have been very shrewd in the transfer market, and we have been the opposite. i dont know how long its going to be before the young players start scoring goals. But hope it can be today so we can get 3 points. The defence cant leak two goals a game. The secret play as a team and put 100% work effort in.Then we have the formula to move up the table come on reds,three points please.   
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #39: Nov 03, 2012 10:44:11 am
      Enough of the screwing around. Lets put our best back 4 out and see really where we are at. I hope Johnson's fit, he makes a big difference. Wisdom has been relied upon too much and it was starting to show in his games with an especially shakey one last weekend. Great talent, but still a youngster and needs time to rest and learn his trade.
      Shelvey and Gerrard in the middle for me, Stevies not as fit as he was but still a class above the rest in terms of play makers, and against the like of Ben Arfa and Cabaye we need to close them down so they cant poke the through balls for Ba and Cisse, unfortunately Sahin isn't the man for that and we need a runner and Shelvey will be more than happy to put the boot in when needed.
      Sterling and Suarez are starting to look bright together, but it gets predictable unless you throw something else in the mix and for me that's Assaidi. Great on the ball and can pull a swivel out of his ass at the right time, definitely need to get those 3 with game time between them and we could start seeing some more positive results.

Pepe
      Johnson  Agger    Skrtel   Enrique
                           Allen
                 Gerrard     Shelvey
       Sterling      Suarez         Assaidi

We're in a sh*t place in the league, we need to start scoring freely. I rather get beat 5-4 and have a go of it that 1-0 with a Ba set piece.
      Lets go for the Jugular boys!
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #40: Nov 03, 2012 10:53:04 am
      Just hope we win this one. Would be really happy with 1-0.

Reina

Johnson        Skrtel            Agger        Enrique

Allen        Sahin

Gerrard
                 Suso                                  Sterling

Suarez
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #41: Nov 03, 2012 05:25:33 pm
      Other results have gone our way today, we need to win tomorrow to make the most of that.  Top half of the table beckons for the first time this season.

I've gone for a win as always, think we'll do it too.  Saw a shocking stat on twitter, 14 months since we got back to back wins in the league at Anfield.  If that's true, it needs to change starting tomorrow!

COYR!
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #42: Nov 03, 2012 05:28:08 pm
      Other results have gone our way today, we need to win tomorrow to make the most of that.  Top half of the table beckons for the first time this season.

I've gone for a win as always, think we'll do it too.  Saw a shocking stat on twitter, 14 months since we got back to back wins in the league at Anfield.  If that's true, it needs to change starting tomorrow!

COYR!

What a depressing stat that is.  :(

Come on lads, you can change that.  ;)
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #43: Nov 03, 2012 06:03:55 pm
      Yep, as stated above. Quite a few results went our way so we've got to have that extra motivation to win.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #44: Nov 03, 2012 06:06:37 pm
      It would be a great time to start winning at Anfield again given todays results
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #45: Nov 03, 2012 07:25:16 pm
      To be fair the way todays results have gone t has made this a massive 3pts for both teams ....this will be a belter

Quick Reply