Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool 1-1 Newcastle: In-game & post-match collective sigh

Read 24039 times
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Newcastle
      Reply #345: Nov 04, 2012 05:57:58 pm
      Dont react - it was a stupid comment.

We agree on something George!   ;)
      Crazy horses
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #346: Nov 04, 2012 05:58:08 pm
      Wouldn't say we looked terrible we just need another striker.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #347: Nov 04, 2012 05:58:14 pm
      We deserved more, same old it seems!

Thought Luis was fantastic, Gerrard played well 2nd half, Agger and Skrtel were completely dominant at the back.

Enrique can't pass water at the moment, Sahin simply isn't mobile enough to play where he is, the game completely passes him by shown by how many chances Shelvey had when he came on by simply supporting Luis, could of had a hat-trick, terrible finishing.

Allen looks jaded and didn't offer enough today, thought Sterling was a threat all game and pushes Luis close for MotM but that world class goal has to just take it even though he was a bit wasteful first half.

Big opportunity missed to climb the table though lads, frustrating is the only feeling you can have after that!

Well summed up.  :gt-happyup:

Newcastle were there for the taking but it just didn't happen. Frustrating is right.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #348: Nov 04, 2012 05:58:25 pm
      Suarez 12th goal in last 17 PL games

just cant do it all himself,  we desperately need another striker
      We need aty least 3 mor elike him and we wont get them for £10mil sadly.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #349: Nov 04, 2012 05:59:06 pm
      Was the only player to put a good ball in the box all game.....

Typical comment on downing. Not his fault we play with no one in the box and when he puts in a good ball they cant score

yeah he did , just that one long cross he misjudged and we had 2 players waiting to pounce on a head down.

just frustrated man
      Tadders

• 6,788 posts | 573 
      Reply #350: Nov 04, 2012 06:00:57 pm
      Allen isn't the 15m player I thought he would be, Sahin isn't a central midfielder for me, Shelvey needs to learn how to finish - but at least he gets there.

14 corners, they were down to 10, we couldn't get a win.

is anyone really surprised?
      Fowler kop hero
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      Reply #351: Nov 04, 2012 06:01:13 pm

Wisdom a block that cant play football, doesnt know what to do when he has the ball and his defending is not much better.
      Suso is too light for the PL right now and hasn't the pace for the wing
      Gerrard is a shadow of the player he once was
      Allen gets over run needs lucas in beside him asap we get caught far to easy on the break
      Sahin what does he offer??
      Enrique comes into the game makes a good run and cant cross or have any decent final ball.

Only for Suarez where would we be this season? If he had 4/5 half decent players around him we would make 4th with ease.

But I'm wrong because i'm not living in dream land like 70% of the people on here
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #352: Nov 04, 2012 06:01:24 pm
      Nothing new then.

Just confirmed for me that:

Suso is not quite ready to be a first choice regular

We need another goalscorer or two

We miss Lucas something rotten

Enrique is basically cover for Johnno now unless we get another LB for him to be cover for and put Johnno back at RB

Assaidi must be shagging BR's Missus for Downing to be brought on ahead of him

We need to kick some arse in that January window

Between Luis and Stevie for Mom - think I'll go Stevie as it was his 600th.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #353: Nov 04, 2012 06:02:39 pm
      Apart from that short spell at the end of the first half and a few breakaway chances, those barcodes had nothing going forward.  And although Shelvey blew his chances, if only Gerrard and, to a lesser extent, Sahin had made those kind of runs earlier in the game. 

Only one choice for MotM, though a few had good games.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #354: Nov 04, 2012 06:03:53 pm
      Gerrard should never take another corner

Enrique needs a longer spell on the sidelines

Shelvey needs to start scoring tap ins

Krull and Cockocinni are bellends

Allen needs a break

We need January now.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #355: Nov 04, 2012 06:04:31 pm
      When the players know too well Stevies's corner and  free kick is s**t and  will not go pass newcastles's 2 centre half why can;t they play with a bit of brain and get in front of the 2 centre backs to create confusion instead of having a lollipop at the far end. Wisdom played ok but he was out of position and left newcastle player with too much space to shoot. he's to be blamed for the goal. This is the second time he committed such a mistake and caused us 2 goals.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,989 posts | 240 
      Reply #356: Nov 04, 2012 06:04:36 pm
      It goes back to the mistake we made in the summer. We did not buy a striker and Rodgers is forced to play Shelvey as a second striker. He is not a natural goal scorer and hence he missed out on three glorious chances. But honestly, we were very good for the first 15 mins and were bad until that Suarez magic. We shifted to the next gear after that.

Two points dropped, but we are still 6 points (only) away from the fourth place. Make up for this loss at Sh*t Bridge, redmen!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #357: Nov 04, 2012 06:06:02 pm
      Nice to see we mixed our tiki taka footy with a long ball to score the equalizer & what a goal it was.

Carroll should be welcomed back.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #358: Nov 04, 2012 06:07:16 pm
      Well we deserved to win that on the quality of the footy alone. Suarez  - what a finish, live a lot of years before i witness a goal like that again. Sheer class. If only he would look up on occasions he has beaten a defender around the box, and lay the ball off somtimes. Think Stevie is looking tired, or he doesnt like the role hes asked to play. Not on form at the mo, just occasional glimpses of his talent.
       Enrique, really needs to practice delivering a ball into the middle, and all round we need to polish up our strike rate. Once again it showed just how badly we need a quality striker. 2 points dropped but still looking decent, we're creeping along, keeping out of the relegation issue, and we will improve when we get a striker in Jan. Patience, Patience, Patience. As long as we keep playing decent footy, we'er going in the right direction. When you consider Newcastle have had a decent start to the season,  we made them look quite ordinary really. Thier goal was a decent strike, but he won't hit one like that again. Unlucky for us really, but they only had 5 efforts all game i think.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,543 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #359: Nov 04, 2012 06:07:45 pm
      I just dont understand why Assaidi isnt playing? Everytime Ive seen him he has looked immense... he could have offered a lot more than Downing today.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #360: Nov 04, 2012 06:07:48 pm
      Sly showing the lineo calling for a red card for Colcinni's challenge on Luis.  Think it was GL who noted that earlier.  Good shout, well in linesman!  Credit where it's due.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #361: Nov 04, 2012 06:10:13 pm
      Thought we played well and were unlucky to drop points, energy and effort from players and supporters readily evident. Total control of the match shows the squad and tactics were spot on, except for the fact that once again we are wasteful in front of the net. Sterling/Suarez were magical and I agree with others in saying that Allen really does need a few match break, the guy has played every match for us and its showing.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #362: Nov 04, 2012 06:11:51 pm
      Sly showing the lineo calling for a red card for Colcinni's challenge on Luis.  Think it was GL who noted that earlier.  Good shout, well in linesman!  Credit where it's due.

I saw that too. The linesman was in no doubt and it was the right call.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #363: Nov 04, 2012 06:11:55 pm
      Nice to see we mixed our tiki taka footy with a long ball to score the equalizer & what a goal it was.

Carroll should be welcomed back.
      strange our only goal came from a long ball.
      ~Its only the final third were possesion counts and how many of our passes are sideways or backwards.
      I think Brendan could easily takeover at Barcelona tomorrow and carry on their success but we are not Barca and it simply doesnt work with these players.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #364: Nov 04, 2012 06:14:00 pm
      We are trying to play it too neat outside the box without any attempt, movement or commiment of players to move into the box until we are one goal behind. The difference between our tiki taka and barca's is the latter has the end product while we kept knocking the ball around outside the box.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #365: Nov 04, 2012 06:14:08 pm
      BBC:
      Striker Luis Suarez earned a point for a dominant Liverpool against 10-man Newcastle at Anfield.

...dominant.

How many points would we really be on without Suarez's goals ?
      Scary.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #366: Nov 04, 2012 06:14:09 pm
      I hope we can go and nick a point at Chelsea next week and to be honest I hope Luis gets the goal and takes his shirt off and gets booked. Need to get that ban out of the way I think and Wigan at home is as good as chance as any to give him a little rest.

Swansea and Spurs away after that so don't bet against him getting booked next week. Hope fully he will not be anywhere near that plane to Russia this week. Invaluable at the moment.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #367: Nov 04, 2012 06:14:13 pm
      It goes back to the mistake we made in the summer. We did not buy a striker

Read that again! We did buy a striker just a shame he's injured for months.

Quick Reply