Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Perspective on any hopes of Champions League qualification from this point on

Read 35999 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Re: Perspective on any hopes of Champions League qualification from this point on
      Reply #483: Mar 17, 2013 05:16:46 pm
      F*ck sake typical Spurs would drop points we had a great oppertunity yesterday to close the gap and really put pressure on Arsenal and Spurs. Still raging about the team selection yesterday. If Rodgers wanted to rest Lucas why the f*ck select a player he said last week needed shoulder surgery over Henderson who is fully fit and playing fine I just don't f*cking get the man sometimes!
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Re: Perspective on any hopes of Champions League qualification from this point on
      Reply #484: Mar 17, 2013 05:28:14 pm
      Look at Spurs' fixture list; they will lose 3 more games IMO. Arsenal will probably steal 4th and maybe 3rd.

If we won every game from now until the end we might still end up in 4th. But Rodgers has probably never won more than 4 league games in a row in his life, so there's little chance we will win 8 in a row.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #485: Mar 17, 2013 05:37:21 pm
      But Rodgers has probably never won more than 4 league games in a row in his life, .

True, anybody?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #486: Mar 17, 2013 05:39:48 pm
      Probably go on a mini run now for the next 3-4 games and get a few peoples hopes up then have another absolute stinker. Story of our season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #487: Mar 17, 2013 05:43:07 pm
      Spurs performance today could be down to fatigue though after going 120 mins with Inter on Thursday. They certainly have a tougher run in than us and have a big game in Europa league to prepare for. I think the Bitters will lose the next 2 games with Felaini and Pienaar out. Arsenal should win their next 3. That probably leaves us and spuds competing for 5th with the same top 4 as last season.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #488: Mar 17, 2013 06:20:44 pm
      Yeah Spurs will have to balance Europa and League games well from now till the end of the season or lose out on their place in the top 4. Not to us, mind. We have no realistic hope at all. Arsenal will be the team that pounces, and they have history of doing so.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #489: Mar 17, 2013 08:47:57 pm
      Amazing how after such a topsy turvy, mediocre and inconsistent season we are still in with a shout of the CL places.

Could look at the remaining fixtures of ourselves and our rivals and say that we're well in with a shout.

But then I remember our tendancy to F**k things up everytime it looks like we may be finding some form.

Very frustrating.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #490: Mar 17, 2013 11:11:49 pm
      But then I remember our tendancy to f**k things up everytime it looks like we may be finding some form.

Exactly the reason to believe we wont even be close to 4th this season. While I would still maintain that there's a chance, that chance relies on too much consistency from us even over an 8 game spell. Which after a trend of 30 games would seem way too much for us and as you say mate it's very frustrating and disappointing.

I have an odd feeling this season which I've never experienced in my time supporting Liverpool and it's almost shameful to admit, but I just want the disappointment over because the longer this slim hope exists, the longer I'll keep convincing myself we can do it and set myself up for an even bigger disappointment.

This season has been pretty much a disaster, been let down by the lads on far too many occasions, Oldham, West Brom, Villa and yesterday all spring to mind most vividly and it just feels like I'm waiting to add the final nail in the coffin on our season and that's very depressing.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #491: Mar 18, 2013 02:19:30 am
      Exactly the reason to believe we wont even be close to 4th this season. While I would still maintain that there's a chance, that chance relies on too much consistency from us even over an 8 game spell. Which after a trend of 30 games would seem way too much for us and as you say mate it's very frustrating and disappointing.

I have an odd feeling this season which I've never experienced in my time supporting Liverpool and it's almost shameful to admit, but I just want the disappointment over because the longer this slim hope exists, the longer I'll keep convincing myself we can do it and set myself up for an even bigger disappointment.

This season has been pretty much a disaster, been let down by the lads on far too many occasions, Oldham, West Brom, Villa and yesterday all spring to mind most vividly and it just feels like I'm waiting to add the final nail in the coffin on our season and that's very depressing.

I agree with you.  I love the reds and will still watch every game possible but part of me wants to fast fwd to the beginning of next season.  If you look at the league, it is no wonder that Manure is top of the table and with such a lead as well.  As much as I hate to say it... they have consistency.  Are they that superior to every team in terms of skill and talent?  I would argue no... look at the lineup on city, chelski .... spurs and arsenal have a decent team too.. heck we actually have a ok number ourselves (might not be as deep on the bench however).  the big difference that makes them champions and consistent ones at that is as much as I dislike fergie, his team has a never say die attitude.  my father is a huge manure fan (yea i know...) and i would watch many of the games with him.. i can truthfully say that manure played some mares of a game as well.  nani for a while sucked... RVP now is in a minislump... wellback in the beginning had no pace... giggs and scholes were cold... their defense sucked as well.... however with all this... they still somehow found a way to win. they won this weekend 1-0 off rooney's goal... hardly a dominant game.  I just checked their league games... the last time they lost was last year nov 17 to norwich.   This consistency of 18 games with 15 wins and 3 ties is the reason why they are going to take the league again this year. 

we are weak with set pieces and cross ins to our box.  our defenders lack the positioning game where it counts and we get pushed over too easily by physically stronger players.  however, BR is still young and he is learning.  FSG hired him not because he worked with mourinho but because they are looking for a manager much like the players they want now... young, slightly inexperienced but has potential.  This of course comes with a huge downside for us... BR will make mistakes like his team selections.  At least now he recognizes it and will correct it earlier.... let me remind you all of the mistakes he made earlier in the season and still kept the mistakes in the game while subbing of players that are actually doing something.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #492: Mar 18, 2013 02:31:21 am
      Let's stop being mathematical geniuses and lets start focusing on F***ing up Villa.

Every time we start talking about future games in 2 months time, we always screw up our next match.

If we win every game we have a chance, but we need to win those games so lets put our whole attention into doing that.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #493: Mar 18, 2013 06:38:08 pm
      So pissed off the spuds lost after that shambolic performance of ours . We could be right in the mix
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #494: Mar 18, 2013 09:21:42 pm
      So pissed off the spuds lost after that shambolic performance of ours . We could be right in the mix

Pissed off yes, but surely not surprised ?  Same old eh!
      Adam_Gibson8
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 290 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #495: Mar 19, 2013 09:08:41 am
      That was a good chance with spurs losing at home which i was really shocked at. If anyone on here believes we can get top 4 now is deluded. I do believe we will beat Villa next game comfortably as the team always seem to bounce back after a 'shock' defeat.

Desperate need of 2 new experienced take no sh*t defenders. Skrtel, Allen and Johnson were the standouts who looked terrible on Saturday. I think tactics and starting 11 were all wrong should of played 3 CM Lucas, Gerrard and Henderson and i feel we would of dominated the midfield!
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #496: Mar 19, 2013 09:36:23 am
      Answer to post Question
      None
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #497: Mar 19, 2013 09:24:49 pm

Pissed off yes, but surely not surprised ?  Same old eh!

I know mate this sh*t has to stop ;D can't cope anymore
      real enemy
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      Reply #498: Mar 20, 2013 03:14:29 am
      Mathematically they say still possible. For me, it will mean Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal and Everton having a collapse of form of mammoth proportion (spurs have lost two straight now) for us to get in. I think what could prevent us from getting that spot is our inability to perform consistently better than those teams. All four are not really playing consistently well themselves. We are just the worse of the lot. Anyway, an eight game winning run for us plus the unexpected can prove inevitable mathematically.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #499: Mar 20, 2013 09:26:08 am
      Forget it. We only have a few quality players with mental toughness to play every game like it's a cup final.
      Simple as that...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #500: Mar 23, 2013 11:36:56 am
      After yesterdays result our chances have gone from very very very slim....
      To very very very very very slim.

Didn't have to be that way.

Tactical ineptness  trying to manage a team called ........... Liverpool FC.

F......ing farce actually.

Quick Reply