Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

AC Milan Singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' for the 96

Read 3440 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      AC Milan Singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' for the 96
      Nov 05, 2012 12:30:20 pm
      I was just scouring Youtube for LFC vids (I do have a life, but it revolves around LFC) and came across this: AC Milan YNWA 96

Never seen it before.

Apparently AC Milan started singing YNWA out of respect for the 96. Also, notice that they stopped the match during the game, and what's the bests it was at 3 minutes 6 seconds as well.

Class act.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Re: AC Milan Singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone' for the 96
      Reply #1: Nov 05, 2012 01:42:33 pm
      Yeah I saw that before, incredible and massive respect
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #2: Nov 05, 2012 01:51:38 pm
      I was just scouring Youtube for LFC vids (I do have a life, but it revolves around LFC) and came across this: AC Milan YNWA 96

Never seen it before.

Apparently AC Milan started singing YNWA out of respect for the 96. Also, notice that they stopped the match during the game, and what's the bests it was at 3 minutes 6 seconds as well.

Class act.

That was only a couple of days after Hillsborough mate. I have read somewhere, AC Milan fans have a massive respect for us, which is why they wanted to do something for us involving YNWA, they wanted to sing it in full english before the match started much in the way we have done for years, but the ref didn't signal for a minutes silence until six minutes into the game, that is why they sung it then. Brought a lump to my throat at the time, I was only ten watching it on sportsnight back in 89.

Also why the Grazie banner was made and passed over to them in Istanbul!!
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #3: Nov 05, 2012 02:08:56 pm
      That was only a couple of days after Hillsborough mate. I have read somewhere, AC Milan fans have a massive respect for us, which is why they wanted to do something for us involving YNWA, they wanted to sing it in full english before the match started much in the way we have done for years, but the ref didn't signal for a minutes silence until six minutes into the game, that is why they sung it then. Brought a lump to my throat at the time, I was only ten watching it on sportsnight back in 89.

Don't remember ever seeing that banner. Great to hear. I saw a photo taken recently, soon after the Hillborough findings were released, of a banner from a recent Milan game. It read:

"Justice if finally coming. RIP 96"

Will try and find it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #4: Nov 05, 2012 02:18:53 pm
      Don't remember ever seeing that banner. Great to hear. I saw a photo taken recently, soon after the Hillborough findings were released, of a banner from a recent Milan game. It read:

"Justice if finally coming. RIP 96"

Will try and find it.

Yeah someone took one to Istanbul to give to them it just simply said "Grazie Milan, YNWA"
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #5: Nov 05, 2012 02:31:49 pm
      Class act by both supporters
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #6: Nov 05, 2012 04:32:20 pm

Never seen it before.

Class act.

Cheers for posting that. I've never seen it before or heard about them singing.

Class act indeed.  :gt-happyup:
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #7: Nov 05, 2012 07:10:44 pm

Never seen it before.

Class act.

Didn't know about that either.  Cheers for posting Rush!  Boss gesture from them, and to actually stop the match.  Cheers to AC Milan and everyone involved.

Good to read that.  Cheers for posting HR.

For all the sh*t that goes on in the world, there are always genuine gestures that lift your spirits.
      bladebla
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #8: Nov 06, 2012 12:03:19 am

Never seen it before.

Class act.

That was a very nice gesture by the Italians .

Quick Reply