Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Anzhi Mackachkala 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Comments

Read 30634 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: LIVE: Anzhi v Liverpool
      Reply #299: Nov 08, 2012 06:54:48 pm
      Its hard to believe how far we have fallen as a club in the last 3 years or so.
      Absolutely no guts in this team no urgency no passion 3 things a Liverpool team must always take on to the field.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #300: Nov 08, 2012 06:54:52 pm
      Not really that unexpected considering the team we had on the pitch.

Thought we just edged it in all honesty, without creating much.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #301: Nov 08, 2012 06:55:00 pm
      Frustrating that a few more 'first teamers' and we probably would have won and pretty much been in the knockout stages.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #302: Nov 08, 2012 06:55:12 pm
      Oh well. what a waste of a journey.
      Another dominating\without creating F**k all game.

Henderson is woeful.
      Flanagan wont play many games for the first team.

Shelvey played well.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Started Topic

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #303: Nov 08, 2012 06:55:21 pm
      I feel for the young lads after that. Didn't deserve to lose.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #304: Nov 08, 2012 06:55:38 pm
      Fair play lads unlucky, deserved a point.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #305: Nov 08, 2012 06:55:58 pm
      Considering it's a young team (mostly), then the result is not bad. Have to say I'm disappointed in some though. Shelvey in particular was useless*. Could not pass, could not move.. could not even take a free kick. Not happy with his consistency. Sometimes he's good, other games like today, he's a waste.

* Based on the 2nd half that I saw.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #306: Nov 08, 2012 06:56:21 pm
      Its hard to believe how far we have fallen as a club in the last 3 years or so.
      Absolutely no guts in this team no urgency no passion 3 things a Liverpool team must always take on to the field.

I must of watched a different game because there was plenty of guts in show there tonight against a team top of the Russian league in their own backyard backed by a billionaire spending fortunes. They deserved at least a point tonight.
      seacol
      • Forum John Toshack

• 266 posts |
      Reply #307: Nov 08, 2012 06:58:21 pm
      Someone should tell hendo he is allowed to pass the ball forward...also that he has to get the ball between the 3 white bars. Man has no convinction what so ever.
      Another one to cut the losses on. No hope for him as far as Im concerned. The young lads were the ones fighting for it tonight. Carra, Downing, Cole, Hendo all looked like they were just going through the motions. How do you expect BR to pick you with performances like that.

I'm really concerned how bad we are going forward as well. We get a break and our first reaction is to pass the ball backwards just to maintain the possession. Then if we do go forward the lack of commitment and drive in and around the 6 yard box is unbelievable.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Re: Anzhi Mackachkala 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Comments
      Reply #308: Nov 08, 2012 06:59:04 pm
      Well... that was fun.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #309: Nov 08, 2012 06:59:05 pm
      Yep deffo deserved a point. Best players for us were Flanagan and Suso.

Morgan did well
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #310: Nov 08, 2012 06:59:06 pm
      Lack of concentration just before half time costs us again. Youngsters did well and there's no shame in that performance.
      The shame is that we are forced to play young players who are not yet experienced enough to cope with European away ties.
      They can hold their heads up and they will learn from each and every experience.
      Hope the owners are watching , because we truly need reinforcements in Jan. We are putting too much pressure too soon on our youngsters.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #311: Nov 08, 2012 06:59:59 pm
      We set up to get a draw and once that goal went in we really struggled to create anything of real merit. Anzhi are not a good side at all, Traore is a decent player but most of that team are poor.

Think I was watching a different game to a lot of people because I saw an awful lot of poor displays from our lads and only Suso standing out as a positive. Downing to be fair to him played decent and Flanno tried to apply himself well, just don't think he has enough about him to make the grade.

Henderson just re-enforced my low opinion of his mental capacity and strength of character, sometimes you can have the tools but if you can't apply them you're never going to make it and I'm starting to put Henderson in that bracket myself.

I know a lot of people will try and pick the positives out and fair play to them but honestly most of that line-up will not make the grade, it's as simple as that.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #312: Nov 08, 2012 07:00:25 pm
      Wasn't impressed with Hendo, Downing or Shelvey. Coates didn't have his greatest game either.

Thought we looked the best once Suso came on.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #313: Nov 08, 2012 07:00:48 pm
      They deserved at least a point tonight.

I'm started to hate reading/thinking this.

What is stopping us getting the points we deserve? Walton is right, we've fallen far because we used to beat teams when we played well. Not lose or draw.
      seacol
      • Forum John Toshack

• 266 posts |
      Reply #314: Nov 08, 2012 07:02:24 pm
      Yep deffo deserved a point. Best players for us were Flanagan and Suso.

Morgan did well
      Thought suso was man of the match, even tho he was only on the pitch for 30 mins. The lad glides across the pitch. Fantastic. Think when he get some more experience and confidence he will be great at pulling the trigger on the edge of the box.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #315: Nov 08, 2012 07:03:22 pm
      I'm started to hate reading/thinking this.

What is stopping us getting the points we deserve? Walton is right, we've fallen far because we used to beat teams when we played well. Not lose or draw.

Well tonight it was a mistake - just like it has been a number of times this season - individual mistakes.

Yes we have dropped backwards in the last three years - I don't think enough people realise how far backwards we have gone.

Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #316: Nov 08, 2012 07:05:02 pm
      Wasn't impressed with Hendo, Downing or Shelvey. Coates didn't have his greatest game either.

Thought we looked the best once Suso came on.

Think that's quite harsh on Downing had the beating of his full back tracked back well on a couple of occasions. The rest I agree with.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #317: Nov 08, 2012 07:06:32 pm
      We set up to get a draw and once that goal went in we really struggled to create anything of real merit. Anzhi are not a good side at all, Traore is a decent player but most of that team are poor.

Think I was watching a different game to a lot of people because I saw an awful lot of poor displays from our lads and only Suso standing out as a positive. Downing to be fair to him played decent and Flanno tried to apply himself well, just don't think he has enough about him to make the grade.

Henderson just re-enforced my low opinion of his mental capacity and strength of character, sometimes you can have the tools but if you can't apply them you're never going to make it and I'm starting to put Henderson in that bracket myself.

I know a lot of people will try and pick the positives out and fair play to them but honestly most of that line-up will not make the grade, it's as simple as that.

Think that is a bit harsh mate but when you consider the opposition - top if Russian league and full of expensive signings the youngsters held their own in that match. Yes there were mistakes but that's expected in a makeshift team with a number making their debuts.

This comp as BR is all about a learning expirence for the team and players. Get the points at home and qualify and give players vital playing time.

Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #318: Nov 08, 2012 07:06:38 pm
      I actually thought Downing did well, defensively more than offensively like.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #319: Nov 08, 2012 07:07:01 pm

Well tonight it was a mistake - just like it has been a number of times this season - individual mistakes.

Yes we have dropped backwards in the last three years - I don't think enough people realise how far backwards we have gone.

We do realise how far backwards we have gone but i cant see the club rectifiying it quick enough.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #320: Nov 08, 2012 07:08:41 pm
      Think that is a bit harsh mate but when you consider the opposition - top if Russian league and full of expensive signings the youngsters held their own in that match. Yes there were mistakes but that's expected in a makeshift team with a number making their debuts.

This comp as BR is all about a learning expirence for the team and players. Get the points at home and qualify and give players vital playing time.

Fair enough George, perhaps I just watched it with a negative attitude, because I do see plenty of people stressing on positives. I just struggled to see them and honestly thought Anzhi, yes top in their league, looked a very poor side in both games we've played against them.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Started Topic

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #321: Nov 08, 2012 07:10:08 pm
      Fair enough George, perhaps I just watched it with a negative attitude, because I do see plenty of people stressing on positives. I just struggled to see them and honestly thought Anzhi, yes top in their league, looked a very poor side in both games we've played against them.

Anzhi are nowhere near as good as I expected them to be before our games against them.

Quick Reply