Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Halo 4

Read 3980 times
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Halo 4
      Nov 10, 2012 02:12:12 am
      Out Now.

Massive fan of all the Halo games. The first one is still probably the best game I've ever played. Just ordered this from Amazon, should arrive on Monday, can't wait to play it!

No spoilers, but has anybody played it yet and does it live up to the hype?

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,487 posts | 1473 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Halo 4
      Reply #1: Nov 10, 2012 10:01:10 am
      Got in in my drawer waiting for me to take the plastic off xD

I have to finish Assassins Creed III though first, on sequence 10 now so should have it finished by dinner time.... but then I also have Need For Speed Most Wanted and Forza Horizon still unopened.... so dont know what to play first.... why do they have to release games all at once in March and November? xD

I am really excited for Halo though, looks great and the multiplayer looks amazing!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #2: Nov 10, 2012 10:04:31 am
      Not played it, but it looks awesome. The trailers on TV are enough to whet the appetite! :D

Not a fan of online multiplayer games, but I think the single player alone would make this worth it's while to me.

A friend bought me Halo 3 ages ago, and I really enjoyed it, but this looks on a whole other level.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #3: Nov 10, 2012 05:05:34 pm
      Not played it, but it looks awesome. The trailers on TV are enough to whet the appetite! :D

Not a fan of online multiplayer games, but I think the single player alone would make this worth it's while to me.

A friend bought me Halo 3 ages ago, and I really enjoyed it, but this looks on a whole other level.

Yeah Halo 3 was incredible. Wondering what this Halo will be like since it's made by 343 rather than Bungie, but I'm sure it will be amazing!
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,487 posts | 1473 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #4: Nov 10, 2012 05:15:17 pm
      Yeah Halo 3 was incredible. Wondering what this Halo will be like since it's made by 343 rather than Bungie, but I'm sure it will be amazing!
      Just installing Crysis 2 (Free on PS+) on my PS3, then booting up the 360 and playing this, cant wait! :D

Gonna do the single player first, always do, then jumping online, apparently 343 have "Out Bungied Bungie" xD
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #5: Nov 10, 2012 05:42:38 pm

Gonna do the single player first, always do, then jumping online

Yeah that's the way I do it. Single player campaign first, then maybe a bit of multiplayer.

apparently 343 have "Out Bungied Bungie" xD

Glad to hear!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #6: Nov 10, 2012 05:43:01 pm
      My house mate has this. You know when we take the piss out of new CoD games just being like expansion packs? That's what this is for the Halo series.
      If you enjoyed 3 then you'll enjoy this and you wouldn't even know it was a different company. Main gripe so far is the lack of duel-wielding.
      Perhaps later in the game it gets a bit more original but so far it's just the same game with the same weapons and enemies.
      Bier
      Reply #7: Nov 10, 2012 06:25:51 pm
      There's some new weapons. I've played the multiplayer. You can play with a mech now too, it's a new vehicle. There's some good adjustements in multiplayer and it's fun. I think if you're into the previous ones you'll dig this one too, but Halo has never really been my thing somehow. And it's not a game to buy for the singleplayer alone, I think the campaign lasts about 5 to 6 hours.

You're right though Reprobate, this is one of those franchises that never changes much. Perhaps would be cool if they gave it a twist or changed the style sometimes. Then again, I buy the new FIFA game each year and that changes minimally each year too.
      « Last Edit: Nov 10, 2012 06:37:58 pm by Bier »
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #8: Nov 10, 2012 08:09:09 pm
      There's some new weapons. I've played the multiplayer. You can play with a mech now too, it's a new vehicle. There's some good adjustements in multiplayer and it's fun. I think if you're into the previous ones you'll dig this one too, but Halo has never really been my thing somehow. And it's not a game to buy for the singleplayer alone, I think the campaign lasts about 5 to 6 hours.

You're right though Reprobate, this is one of those franchises that never changes much. Perhaps would be cool if they gave it a twist or changed the style sometimes. Then again, I buy the new FIFA game each year and that changes minimally each year too.

Yeah, I really enjoy the gameplay on the old ones and really don't want that to change. New levels and an interesting storyline is all I'm really after on most sequels of games that I've really enjoyed.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #9: Nov 18, 2012 07:07:10 pm
      Arrived the other day, just started playing it today. Fantastic game. Gameplay as good as it was with Bungie, if not better. Liking how the story is shaping up in it too.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #10: Nov 18, 2012 10:44:41 pm
      Finished the campaign about a week ago.

To be honest I was dissapointed by the whole thing. It is too repetitive with what you have to do and seems a little bit lazy by the developers.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #11: Nov 19, 2012 11:24:29 pm
      Will possibly get this after Xmas for the single player campaign, though I'm getting more and more frustrated with video games (especially cod) than ever before so you never know
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #12: Nov 26, 2012 08:00:53 pm
      Fun multiplayer, but the campaign bores the sh*t out of me. I do like that vehicles are a lot more beatable in multiplayer.
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 480 posts |
      • ElroyRosenberg hit me up on Twitter
      Reply #13: Jan 23, 2013 03:34:41 am
      Campaign is awesome. Multiplayer is awesome. This is awesome.

Quick Reply