Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Brad Jones
      12 (10.4%)
      Jose Enrique
      61 (53%)
      Raheem Sterling
      3 (2.6%)
      Luis Suarez
      28 (24.3%)
      Someone else
      11 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Voting closed: Nov 14, 2012 07:11:46 pm

Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Relief?

Read 41001 times
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Re: Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Relief?
      Reply #690: Nov 11, 2012 07:56:56 pm
      I voted someone else, for Glen Johnson. Thought he was superb today. As usual.

Great character in the second half. Again, Rodgers shows how he can change the game when something isn't working.

Very happy with todays result, now 2 wins in the next 2 games against Wigan (H) and Swansea (A) would be excellent preparation going into the Spurs away game.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: LIVE: Chelsea v Liverpool
      Reply #691: Nov 11, 2012 07:57:00 pm

Which given how bad we played, isn't saying a great deal.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #692: Nov 11, 2012 07:57:24 pm

Ouch!  Guess he's not your MOTM then!  Unlucky mate.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #693: Nov 11, 2012 07:57:58 pm

Ouch, thought if he'd have gone the other side he'd of scored. Hit it pretty well but Cech was set up for the near post already. Not a striker not gonna blame him, hit his shot well and on target not straight at the keeper all I'd ask from a defender.

Agree with Corbs about Gerrard thought he played one of his better games for us today and the rest in midweek certainly helped him. Was very pleased he got up without seemingly any harm done, not the type to stay down as we know, feared the worst right there.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #694: Nov 11, 2012 07:58:23 pm
      Shameful display.  Thank the lord we have Luis Suarez.  Analytically, we are miles behind even last season.  Oh how this game called for a Kuyt, a Bellamy, a Rodriguez or even an Andy Carroll.  But they were all farmed off as part of 'exercise cost-cutting'.

I can understand Rodgers' philosophy, but I am concerned about his ability to coach a team in both the final and the first third of the pitch.  I desperately want him to turn it around - but I have my doubts.

I tihnk the first part of your post isn't too accurate fella. I was unde rthe impression Maxi's contract was up and he wanted out, Kuyt made no secret of wanting a new challenge and Bellers wanted the move back to Cardiff.

Have to agree on your points about the final 3rd and for me it's as much to do with quality as it is to do with coaching. We've only got the one recognised striker and it's hard to see where the other goals will come from. Young Sterling has been brilliant but it may take a while before we see a few more goals in his game and we don't have much goal threat coming off of the other flank either. Clearly we need a few more players in attacking areas and i think it'll take a couple more transfer windows before Rodgers has the team set up the way he wants them. I'd love to see us get a few more players forward when the ball goes wide.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #695: Nov 11, 2012 07:59:16 pm
      Just to clarify I would have won £350 so didn't 'lose' it due to Jose.

Still might have clouded my judgement on MOTM though. ;D
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #696: Nov 11, 2012 07:59:31 pm
      Again, Rodgers shows how he can change the game when something isn't working.

Agreed. And let's not forget he doesn't exactly have a wealth of options to do so either.

FSG BACK THIS MAN!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #697: Nov 11, 2012 08:03:29 pm
      I voted someone else, for Glen Johnson. Thought he was superb today. As usual.

Great character in the second half. Again, Rodgers shows how he can change the game when something isn't working.

Very happy with todays result, now 2 wins in the next 2 games against Wigan (H) and Swansea (A) would be excellent preparation going into the Spurs away game.

With out bashing any of the 3 previous managers, well maybe not all 3, this is something we have been missing for YEARS.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #698: Nov 11, 2012 08:03:47 pm
      We really are light with attacking options.

Think we may win the possession league though
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #699: Nov 11, 2012 08:05:46 pm
      First half was a disaster.  Midfield toothless, lightweight and completely overrun by a determined Chelsea 3.  I feared the worst, actually confessed to my other half we were going to get battered.

Fair play to Brendan, he changed it around again and we looked far more dangerous in the 2nd half.  Revellation putting Jose on the left with Johno behind him, gave them problems at the same time as restricting their attacking options.

Well deserved point but can't wait for Lucas to come back and give us a bit of bite back in midfield.

As for Luis just keep doing what you're doing  ;)
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #700: Nov 11, 2012 08:07:31 pm
      Many people, myself included, have wondered what Jamie Carragher brings us this season, and have felt he's taken a squad place on younger players.

Well I was wrong to question him. Today he showed what his role is. He's not there to be the defensive leader week in week out. He's there for those one of occasions like today where his mind reads and reacts better than anyone else on the pitch. He had one or two dodgy moments but for his first start against one of the most potent attacks in the league he done very well!

We can laugh at Torres and what he's become, but give Carragher credit, he dealt with him very well.

He wasn't the MOTM, but he was a key player for us today. Well in Carra lad.

Just about to say exactly that mate...
      Thought he marshalled the back line really well and I agree it's in games like these we get that "Istanbul" style attitude from him..I know it's 7 yrs down the line but he can still cut the mustard when we need that call to arms..Thought Stevie got stuck in well today as well..I was worried when he went down in the box , I feared the worst but he got up and cracked on..
      Enrique & Johnson played well as did Luis fighting for the little scraps up front but for me Sterling & Wisdom just get better and better..for a 18 & 19yr old respectively they stood their ground today against some of the top players in the world and that has to be mentioned..
      Not into the focus on Suarez for Terry's injury..They collided and thats that !!
      Weird how virtually the only shot on target we had in the whole match came from Enrique in the last minute..If only we could tested Peter Cech more often throughout the rest of the game..
      Oh well...I'll take a point from that and move on...
      Nice one boys !!..
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #701: Nov 11, 2012 08:08:11 pm
      Thought Allen really struggled today as did sahin
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #702: Nov 11, 2012 08:09:14 pm
      Under the circumstances that was a great point.

But I'm embarrassed to call a point 'great'.

Shameful display.  Thank the lord we have Luis Suarez.  Analytically, we are miles behind even last season.  Oh how this game called for a Kuyt, a Bellamy, a Rodriguez or even an Andy Carroll.  But they were all farmed off as part of 'exercise cost-cutting'.

I can understand Rodgers' philosophy, but I am concerned about his ability to coach a team in both the final and the first third of the pitch.  I desperately want him to turn it around - but I have my doubts.

12 points from 11 games is wholly unacceptable.  Let's not gloss over that, but today was a well earned point for one of the worst Liverpool performances I've seen in my lifetime of supporting them.

Agree with most of that.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #703: Nov 11, 2012 08:10:11 pm
      According to the physio room, Lucas will be back in two weeks. Which sounds about right.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #704: Nov 11, 2012 08:11:13 pm
      Also, Sahin was laughably bad.

I'd have pissed myself if he was playing in blue not red today.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #705: Nov 11, 2012 08:14:05 pm
      According to the physio room, Lucas will be back in two weeks. Which sounds about right.
      please God thats right with him back and a few more attacking players we could actually start to make something from all this possesion we have.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #706: Nov 11, 2012 08:18:41 pm
      thought we were very poor in the first half, but much much better in the second. some basic mistakes are very concerning. allen gave the ball away too easily too often, gerrard and sahin were anonymous and defensively, we look shaky at times.

but second half was so much better, apart from the one mistake for terry's goal, thought agger was excellent, and carra's contribution can't be understated. hardly plays these days, yet comes on against top class opposition and keeps them quiet, real joy. sterling and suarez look the business tbh. i really think suso and shelvey start more games, as sahin and sometimes gerrard look too slow.

it was a good performance against top class oppostion and we should have won it, with suarez and then enrique (great performance today) in the end. desparately need a striker in january.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #707: Nov 11, 2012 08:20:10 pm
      Thought Allen really struggled today as did sahin

They were non existent in the first half which caused a lot of our problems.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #708: Nov 11, 2012 08:26:26 pm
      Also, Sahin was laughably bad.

I'd have pissed myself if he was playing in blue not red today.

Still not used to the pace and intensity of the prem. You can tell he had a year out of football.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #709: Nov 11, 2012 08:41:22 pm
      Still not used to the pace and intensity of the prem. You can tell he had a year out of football.

Why continue to play him then? Why isn't Henderson being given the chance to show what he can do? Or Shelvey? Because they can't be less effective than Sahin.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #710: Nov 11, 2012 08:43:01 pm
      Not bothered reading last few pages (effin negativity)As for managing without Luis ffs,don't remember reading that sort of sh*te when Judas 2 was scoring most of our goals!!So theoretically,If (God forbid )he was ruled out long term.The team wouldn't score goals!F*****N laughable at best.  :f_steam:
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #711: Nov 11, 2012 08:43:16 pm
      Why continue to play him then? Why isn't Henderson being given the chance to show what he can do? Or Shelvey? Because they can't be less effective than Sahin.

I don't know - I don't think BR trusts Henderson. Think Shelvey possibly would have played today if fit.

Sahin will be better played against teams like Wigan
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #712: Nov 11, 2012 08:45:04 pm
      Not bothered reading last few pages (effin negativity)As for managing without Luis ffs,don't remember reading that sort of sh*te when Judas 2 was scoring most of our goals!!So theoretically,If (God forbid )he was ruled out long term.The team wouldn't score goals!F*****N laughable at best.  :f_steam:

We had Gerrard and Kuyt chipping in with a few back then as well.

Quick Reply