Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Happy for a draw?

Read 2098 times
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 516 posts | -8 
      Happy for a draw?
      Oct 03, 2007 10:16:41 pm
      I'm getting sick of teams wanting to come to Anfield and take a 0-0 bore draw, and they get a point for actually doing nothing except play 10 men behind the ball (I'm not talking about today, I don't wanna talk about that match anymore). Do you think that a draw should only be worth one point if there is a goal scored? that way if teams want a point anywhere they have to score. I believe that this would have its up and downs, but the best thing would be that football would be a lot quicker and have a lot more chances. Would this idea be for the better or the worse?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Happy for a draw?
      Reply #1: Oct 03, 2007 11:11:54 pm
      It's debatable. Who would get the points if it was 0-0? The home team? That's not fair is it?

Personally I think too many changes to the game have been made now.

It's up to your own team to have the quality and be good enough to break the opponents ten men defence. That's how you win things.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6939 
      Reply #2: Oct 04, 2007 12:37:27 am
      Maybe a bonus point for scoring 4 goals or something?

I don't think there is a lot wrong with the sport.  As we found out against Derby - if you do get that opening goal which forces the opposition to come out then you can knock up a big score.
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #3: Oct 04, 2007 01:30:35 am
      It's debatable. Who would get the points if it was 0-0? The home team? That's not fair is it?

Personally I think too many changes to the game have been made now.

It's up to your own team to have the quality and be good enough to break the opponents ten men defence. That's how you win things.
      Na if it were a draw 0-0 no team comes away with anything, there have been 7 0-0 in the EPL and Liverpool have had some of them, but true the game has changed far too much
      Cy
      Reply #4: Oct 04, 2007 11:16:13 pm
      Good on you to ask the question but I'm with redkenny on that one, your team should have the quality to open the defence and score.

A bonus point system rugby style where 4 goals or more would bring a bonus point, would be in my opinion unfair only because only a few teams would be able to get it on a regular basis, which would unbalance even more the league.

I also agree that the game has changed enough,  different things like making sure when the ball cross the line needs to be sort it out before to even start thinking about your idea, but good on you to bring it on here.

Quick Reply