Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Weird superstitions

Read 4661 times
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 872 posts | 37 
      Weird superstitions
      Nov 19, 2012 03:17:14 pm
      Have any of you got any before games or had any in the past.

I've a Gerrard framed shirt (Istanbul top) on the wall as you walk down my staircase always place my hand on the magical number 8 before games, if I'm at home for games and alls not going well nip to toilet (an excuse) at ht and give it another touch and have a little word with it . :)

The only other thing I did and people will laugh, but during the famous number 5 in Istanbul I used to watch a old video I had before every match. I watched it before the Olympiakos game and obviously we got through and from then on till we went out in following season watched it religiously on the day before every game.

Only video player was in spare bedroom so I get settled in there amongst the rubbish and watch it, the video in question was titled 'The KOP'  if any of you've had the pleasure of watching it you'll know what I mean. A story about the Kop with views from old players and fans.

I don't have a video player and haven't seen it for a while, but still got video.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Weird superstitions
      Reply #1: Nov 19, 2012 04:33:31 pm
      Always have to wear 2 pairs of socks, one of which have to be my "lucky" white ones.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #2: Nov 19, 2012 05:09:32 pm
      My sister cant ever even be in the same room when LFC are playing. Every time she walks in the other team F***ing score. I went ballistic on her in the derby when she came in to get her phone and hey presto, Osman scored.

Another one is watching it in a certain room and the same sofa in the same position.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #3: Nov 19, 2012 05:25:27 pm
      My sister cant ever even be in the same room when LFC are playing. Every time she walks in the other team f**king score. I went ballistic on her in the derby when she came in to get her phone and hey presto, Osman scored.

Another one is watching it in a certain room and the same sofa in the same position.
      I've gone mad before when been in house watching it on my own, wife comes walking in and oppo score, end up not talking to her rest of night ;D.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #4: Nov 19, 2012 08:00:39 pm
      Try to be the first person to post the Live match thread. When I do it our percentage is over 70% of winning. Then I kiss Gerrard picture of him lifting the 05 trophy.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #5: Nov 20, 2012 01:48:54 am
      Have at least three pints in before kick off.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #6: Nov 20, 2012 07:28:00 am
       My dog Harry has strange superstitions,When we score he barks 3 times,when the opposition score he runs round in circles---------------------------with my boot up his arse.Only kidding I would never hurt my mate Harry.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #7: Nov 20, 2012 08:13:33 am
      My dog Harry has strange superstitions,When we score he barks 3 times,when the opposition score he runs round in circles---------------------------with my boot up his arse. Only kidding I would never hurt my mate Harry.

;D

My pets hide.

Its a just bad habit they picked up from the Hodgson days.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #8: Nov 20, 2012 08:16:37 am
      ;D

My pets hide.

Its a just bad habit they picked up from the Hodgson days.
      Skip they were just doing what Hodgsons players did--Hide.Blame Hodgson.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #9: Nov 20, 2012 08:22:12 am
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #10: Nov 20, 2012 01:46:10 pm
      My dog Harry has strange superstitions,When we score he barks 3 times,when the opposition score he runs round in circles---------------------------with my boot up his arse.Only kidding I would never hurt my mate Harry.
      :lmao:
      How do I merge them mate?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Reply #11: Nov 20, 2012 04:13:18 pm
      :lmao:How do I merge them mate?

You don't, the Mods will!!
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #12: Nov 20, 2012 04:25:19 pm
      Do I need to contact someone Huyton Red to do this or will they pick it up?
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #13: Nov 20, 2012 06:12:13 pm
      My dog goes dead nervous as I am shouting at the TV. Starts wagging its tail and jumping up on me.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,440 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #14: Nov 21, 2012 10:38:40 am
      Going through the same turnstile, hanky and mobile in same pocket, if game on TV where I put the TV remote, I could go on but my therapist is waiting........
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #15: Nov 21, 2012 11:02:17 am
      superstition is a bunch of crap
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #16: Nov 21, 2012 11:45:04 am
      Going through the same turnstile, hanky and mobile in same pocket, if game on TV where I put the TV remote, I could go on but my therapist is waiting........
      :lmao:
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #17: Nov 21, 2012 01:04:22 pm
      Cant remember but iam quite sure Ive posted somthing similar, anyways-

Always put Music on the comp, the same songs in the same order real loud, just so the neigbours know to not bother knocking, or the missus knows its time to get up (if its an early one), if were winning by one goal or losing/drawing I also do it at half time again, same songs same order. and if anyones interested they are-

In My Life - Johnny Cash
      Liverpool fans (kopchoir) - Steve Gerrard
      He Aint Heavy, He's My Brother - The Hollies
      In My Life - The Beatles
      You'll Never Walk Alone - Johnny Cash
      You'll Never Walk Alone - Gerry & The Pacemakers

That with a few tinnies before kick-off, and If were at home I wear the away shirt, and Away I wear the home one. Strange, but I've done it for a while now, and reading it back. I think I need to borrow a therapist :)

Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #18: Nov 21, 2012 01:43:59 pm
      Cant remember but iam quite sure Ive posted somthing similar, anyways-

Always put Music on the comp, the same songs in the same order real loud, just so the neigbours know to not bother knocking, or the missus knows its time to get up (if its an early one), if were winning by one goal or losing/drawing I also do it at half time again, same songs same order. and if anyones interested they are-

In My Life - Johnny Cash
      Liverpool fans (kopchoir) - Steve Gerrard
      He Aint Heavy, He's My Brother - The Hollies
      In My Life - The Beatles
      You'll Never Walk Alone - Johnny Cash
      You'll Never Walk Alone - Gerry & The Pacemakers

That with a few tinnies before kick-off, and If were at home I wear the away shirt, and Away I wear the home one. Strange, but I've done it for a while now, and reading it back. I think I need to borrow a therapist :)

Love it.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #19: Nov 21, 2012 04:46:51 pm
      I've had some weird superstitions through the years but abandoned most of them, the only one I've kept to this day is that I never watch my team's penalty kicks. That goes not only for Liverpool, but also Flamengo and the Brazilian national team. Since I started doing that, none of them ever lost a penalty kicks shutout. (Brazil did lose to Paraguay on penalties last year in the Copa America, but in this case I wanted them to lose, so I watched it all)

I did it at Wembley earlier this year and it worked against Cardiff ;D I doubted my methods after Gerrard and Adam both missed their penalties but in the end we were alright :)

Sometimes I create some stupid superstitions in moments of extreme tension, in the Istanbul final I did everything that crossed my mind. For example, at half time, I felt we needed to change everything, so I went on changing all I could at my house. I was watching the game at my brother's bedroom - I changed to mine. Lights were off - I turned them on. Computer was turned off too, I turned it on. That kind of stuff.

Then when we equalized, I was seated in a certain position and remained the same for the rest of the game. Near the end I was killing myself to take a piss but I only went running to the bathroom once all was won and over :D
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #20: Nov 21, 2012 05:32:50 pm
      I've had some weird superstitions through the years but abandoned most of them, the only one I've kept to this day is that I never watch my team's penalty kicks. That goes not only for Liverpool, but also Flamengo and the Brazilian national team. Since I started doing that, none of them ever lost a penalty kicks shutout. (Brazil did lose to Paraguay on penalties last year in the Copa America, but in this case I wanted them to lose, so I watched it all)

I did it at Wembley earlier this year and it worked against Cardiff ;D I doubted my methods after Gerrard and Adam both missed their penalties but in the end we were alright :)

Sometimes I create some stupid superstitions in moments of extreme tension, in the Istanbul final I did everything that crossed my mind. For example, at half time, I felt we needed to change everything, so I went on changing all I could at my house. I was watching the game at my brother's bedroom - I changed to mine. Lights were off - I turned them on. Computer was turned off too, I turned it on. That kind of stuff.

Then when we equalized, I was seated in a certain position and remained the same for the rest of the game. Near the end I was killing myself to take a piss but I only went running to the bathroom once all was won and over :D
      Nice one Diego that's some stuff mate, and I thought I was weird!!  ;)

Quick Reply