Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Your LFC MotM?

Suarez
      (49.3%)
      Sterling
      (2.2%)
      Enrique
      (41.9%)
      Johnson
      (0%)
      Henderson
      (6.6%)
      Gerrard
      (0%)
      Allen
      (0%)
      Other...
      (0%)

Liverpool 3-0 Wigan: In-game & post-match exultation

Read 32130 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Wigan: In-game & post-match exultation
      Reply #529: Nov 17, 2012 07:40:58 pm
      One thing about Brendan he's not scared to make a change is he
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #530: Nov 17, 2012 08:30:36 pm
      Worked today. Heard we were 0-0 at half time and thought Wigan might hold out for a draw as it didn't sound like we were any better than them. To hear 3 - 0 at full time I was, and still am, elated. Just for once, most of the other results went our way as well.  Reading these posts, sounds like we had a great second half. Think it's all starting to come together now and can't wait for each Prem game.  Can't vote on MOM as I haven't seen anything. Will watch MOTD and mabey post then if they show enough of our game.  Chuffed to bits and got a strange perma smile I can't seem to get rid of.    C.O.Y.M. RED MEN.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,313 posts | 1007 
      Reply #531: Nov 17, 2012 08:43:54 pm
      Worked today. Heard we were 0-0 at half time and thought Wigan might hold out for a draw as it didn't sound like we were any better than them. To hear 3 - 0 at full time I was, and still am, elated. Just for once, most of the other results went our way as well.  Reading these posts, sounds like we had a great second half. Think it's all starting to come together now and can't wait for each Prem game.  Can't vote on MOM as I haven't seen anything. Will watch MOTD and mabey post then if they show enough of our game.  Chuffed to bits and got a strange perma smile I can't seem to get rid of.    C.O.Y.M. RED MEN.

I've got that same perma smile and I can't get rid either. Love it , love it , love it !!!
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #532: Nov 17, 2012 09:55:35 pm
      Just got back from the game. So pleased I was there, all I can say is Brendan must be the king of team talks because it was like a different side came out second half. Sterling Suarez and Enrique were boss as a front three the midfield started dominating and the defense had a relatively easy part to play.

Well in lads!

Thought the atmosphere was great in places in the first half and fantastic for all of the second half. Loved it when the whole Anfield Lower were going Jonjoooooooooooo for most of the last ten mins haha.
      PG LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      • JFT96
      Reply #533: Nov 17, 2012 09:57:21 pm
      Went today and was more than a little disappointed with the first half, wondered why Suso was subbed and honestly wasnt looking forward to the rest of the match when Hendo came on...Rodgers must have given them all a monumental kick up the ass at half time, because it was like watching a different team!!!

Enrique my MOTM, closely followed by Suarez  ;D 
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #534: Nov 17, 2012 09:59:11 pm
      Haven't watched the game yet so can't comment fully.

Heard the first half was a bit of a slog - players not getting forward.  Fair play to Rodgers for making a tactical change first half - takes a fair bit of self-confidence that I think.  And once again Suarez came firing out the blocks second half.

Important result.  Let's hope we build on this now.

Don't meant to be "pessimistic" or pouring cold water. All this will mean nothing if we can't build on this.

Onward & upward. YNWA.   :ernaehrung004: :clap: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpoolwz0: :aaliverpool2xt1:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #535: Nov 17, 2012 10:05:47 pm
      Don't meant to be "pessimistic" or pouring cold water. All this will mean nothing if we can't build on this.

Onward & upward. YNWA.   :ernaehrung004: :clap: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpoolwz0: :aaliverpool2xt1:

Absolutely right mate, but it's certainly the first step.
      sandale
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #536: Nov 17, 2012 10:06:36 pm
      Wow, that was a very impressive performance!

Suarez is my man of the match, the second goal was great!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #537: Nov 17, 2012 10:21:51 pm
      Luis Suarez accused of stamping by Wigan boss Roberto Martinez

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20381086

Anyone see this, can you comment, or is it just the usual post-match Suarez witch hunt?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #538: Nov 17, 2012 10:24:17 pm
      Luis Suarez accused of stamping by Wigan boss Roberto Martinez

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20381086

Anyone see this, can you comment, or is it just the usual post-match Suarez witch hunt?

Bookable challenge, free kick given, but Luis did catch him.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #539: Nov 17, 2012 10:27:16 pm
      Bookable challenge, free kick given, but Luis did catch him.

Free kick given, thus the Ref saw it.

No FA action then, so why did he mention it? Oh yes, it's Suraez. All news must be bad news.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #540: Nov 17, 2012 10:36:10 pm
      The performance we've all been waiting for in the second half. I thought Sterling, Enrique and Suarez were all immense today. Wisdom was really opening them up at the end of the game too, good out-field ball down the right.  Weird setup with Enrique/Johnson/Wisdom, i'm still not really sure how it worked as Enrique was still tracking back as a left back even though the furthest man forward down the left - must have covered a lot of ground.

I'm thrilled with the performance. Now lets push on and get some serious points on the board. Can see this firing us forward, we have some players coming back and looking forward to see how it all comes together come January when i seriously think we will be getting a proven number 9 to spearhead the attack pushing Suarez/Sterling onto the flanks.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #541: Nov 17, 2012 11:29:48 pm
      Luis stops ball going in by saving it with his hand at World Cup and Luis dives = c**t

Phil Neville stops goal with his hand in derby and dives in another derby = not a c**t

Luis bites player in dutch league = c**t before he even kicked a ball here

Defoe bites Mascherano = you guessed it, not a c**t (in fact didn't even get punished)

Want me to go on. I look forward to MOTD when we will probably be on last. Sure Luis' tackle will get a good mention.

Enrique my MOTM today. Great to see his return to form and looks as if he really has a bit of chemistry with Luis who was also boss.

Kudos to Brendan's in game management and great to see Hendo perform well when he came on. Hope he proves me wrong I really do.

Swansea next in the league? Owe them one.
      PG LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      • JFT96
      Reply #542: Nov 18, 2012 12:09:12 am
      Luis stops ball going in by saving it with his hand at World Cup and Luis dives = c**t

Phil Neville stops goal with his hand in derby and dives in another derby = not a c**t

Luis bites player in dutch league = c**t before he even kicked a ball here

Defoe bites Mascherano = you guessed it, not a c**t (in fact didn't even get punished)

Want me to go on. I look forward to MOTD when we will probably be on last. Sure Luis' tackle will get a good mention.

Enrique my MOTM today. Great to see his return to form and looks as if he really has a bit of chemistry with Luis who was also boss.

Kudos to Brendan's in game management and great to see Hendo perform well when he came on. Hope he proves me wrong I really do.

Swansea next in the league? Owe them one.

Good post mate I thought whatever happened at half time did the trick, MOTM Enrique without a doubt :)
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #543: Nov 18, 2012 12:10:22 am
      Still can't wipe the smile off my face. Enrique and Sterling scorching up and down on the left and right side of the pitch is a beauty. If we could get one or two to pentrate from midfiled, we will be unpredictable. I'd believe grit and  determiniation won us the game. When Enrique followed up to force the ball over the line, it only tells one thing, how badly the lads wanted to win this game. We should not leave our foot off the pedal and continue to play the way we do, we're in for an interesting time.

There aren't many easy to beat teams anymore, even against the botoom of the league side, and we will have to work doubly hard to ensure we collect as many points as possibe, starting with Swansea and lets wiped the bloody smile off thier face. Scums lost at Norwich makes it even sweeter. We play a physical but fair game today and I hope to see more of it and it really rattled Wigan today.

Very happy that not much of a moaning or exaggerated fall from Suarez and he did what he is expected of and got on well with the game. He has to continue to do that and get the refs off his backs. Enrique has got the ball rolling and helping out with the chore of scoring goals.  Glenn, Suso and Hendo would have scored on another day. Apart from the goals, that's the most positive for me, everyone trying to score even Agger tried with his overly gung - ho approach, not that I'm complaining. For a change, very good of the lads to shoulder the responsibility to score, no point complaining of lack of strking options, no point to continue to moan everyone will have to stand and be counted to score from now till January. 

Very very happy to see a change in attitude from everyone. With things pretty well settle on bith wings, we'll most probably need at least another quality defensive midfield and striker comes January.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #544: Nov 18, 2012 12:28:47 am
      Don't comment much on these Liverpool boards now but I have to say I was absolutely delighted with the result today. Made even better with the string of results in the other matches! I thought Brendan was inspired replacing Suso with Henderson. Was very intrigued and suspicious as to what went on but Henderson showed why he made that change. He really added force to our midfield! Well done Jordan! Enrique was superb this weekend and I was so impressed with the team after we went 1-0 up. After that it looked like we wanted to score as many as possible. The fight and energy from the team in that second half was marvellous! Also the defence was solid once again which is another plus! With a squad that thin and on the whole relatively inexperienced compared to many other teams in the league I think we can be very happy at the moment. Unbeaten since Man Utd in September. Just keep the points table ticking over with a point or three points as we are doing at the moment and we will be just fine! That sense of satisfaction is something I've not felt in a long time. Let's keep it up!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #545: Nov 18, 2012 12:50:54 am
      Very proud of the lads today, thought it was a delightful match to watch. One thing that is very evident is as Luis said this squad is a very close group, you can see it very clearly with the interaction. I think this type of team first attitude will really play dividends going forward.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 60 
      Reply #546: Nov 18, 2012 07:52:50 am
      2nd half was a joy to watch,wigan were chasing shadows,and it can only get better.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #547: Nov 18, 2012 08:02:38 am
      2nd half was a joy to watch,wigan were chasing shadows,and it can only get better.

Well thats the dream mate isn't it, the ideal situation, what should happen? Hope so. Good results against Swansea and Spurs would be deemed as just that, good results, and put us in really good stead for the year's run in.

redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,978 posts | 237 
      Reply #548: Nov 18, 2012 08:11:04 am
      Still smiling with the win yesterday. To be fair, we actually took advantage of the result at Chelsea. And we took advantage of the other results going our way, something we have not been able to do in the recent past.

Europa league next - it is a must win game.
      Swansea away after that - I think we will have problems getting the 3 points. Hope I am proved wrong.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #549: Nov 18, 2012 08:50:27 am
      Great result.
      Out with a few reds last night.
      Great to see the mood lifting.

Suarez Man of the Season for me thus far.
      Glad to see Enrique put in a great performance.
      He's a beast.

Thought Wisdom and Johnson also had good games.
      Crazy horses
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #550: Nov 18, 2012 09:02:32 am
      Just caught match of the day highlights, wtf was the commentator ? on I am sure we won but you wouldn't of thought it listening to that sh*te.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #551: Nov 18, 2012 09:07:36 am
      Really enjoyed the second half - we tranformed the possession and control of the game at last.  Suarez is really on a superb run at the moment, and again caused Wigan all sorts of problems.  Sterling showed his development in the second half with his contribution, particularly for the first goal.  However I made Enrique MOTM, just for his all round display, and I was made up for him to score (showed more desire to reach that ball than the defender).  He seems to be out to prove a point and certainly deserves his place in the side, also seems to give us a better balance.

My dad is out visiting me in Oz at the moment so couldn't go to the game (season ticket holder for 50 odd years) - I told him today that maybe he needs to stop going if we get results like that, but he was not impressed.

Quick Reply