Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Agger
      8 (7.8%)
      Reina
      30 (29.1%)
      Suarez
      7 (6.8%)
      Sterling
      4 (3.9%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Enrique
      39 (37.9%)
      Johnson
      11 (10.7%)
      Someone else
      4 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: Nov 28, 2012 04:16:18 pm

Swansea 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Chat

Read 29547 times
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,989 posts | 240 
      Re: LIVE: Swansea v Liverpool
      Reply #391: Nov 25, 2012 03:31:58 pm
      Of the two games (Spuds and Swansea), this was the tougher game. To be honest, I was scared of losing as it is the perfect banana skin for us. A little hard done by the fact that we could have won the game and did not do it because of little things (Sterling's pass to Suarez, Sterling's shot hitting the bar, Enrique's offside, Agger's header towards the end, Shelvey's superb attempt on goal etc..). I think we will win against the Spuds on Wednesday. COYR!
      Bleed-LFC
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 200 posts |
      Reply #392: Nov 25, 2012 03:32:06 pm
      I don't want to see downing or cole in a liverpool shirt again 2 shocking bad "footballers"!!!

Same here F**king pissed off with sh*t players in our team, along side hendo .that game was w*nk hate the crap we play ,you just watch the difference in the chavs when they play city now Rafa is there ,just think werent so long ago we was smashing Real,Barca now we cant even beat swansea  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,242 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #393: Nov 25, 2012 03:33:07 pm
      Henderson and Downing are awful and should not be in the starting line up this season ship them out in the Jan transfer window!!!!!!!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #394: Nov 25, 2012 03:34:46 pm
      Same here F**king pissed off with sh*t players in our team, along side hendo .that game was w*nk hate the crap we play ,you just watch the difference in the chavs when they play city now Rafa is there ,just think werent so long ago we was smashing Real,Barca now we cant even beat swansea  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That's football mate. We're playing a new style with competent players, that's how it'll be this season.

Give Rodgers time and patience to build a squad that he thinks can do the job, and then pass judgement on the way we play.

And please calm down on the emotes.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 60 
      Reply #395: Nov 25, 2012 03:35:36 pm
      Unbeaten run goes on,just one of those games, had Sterlings effort hit the back of the net and not the bar,i think we would have bagged a couple more,still confident if we can sign a proven goalscorer,we will start turning draws into wins,roll on january.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #396: Nov 25, 2012 03:35:38 pm
      Dont agree. Thought they were on par with us! Fair result for me! We need to improve!

Look at my other comment above.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #397: Nov 25, 2012 03:37:02 pm
      Oh well, we'll just have to beat Spuds on Wednesday now.  ;D
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #398: Nov 25, 2012 03:38:44 pm
      If you're going to register as a pretend LFC supporter, might I suggest you polish up your performance, because you ain't convincing anyone.

George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #399: Nov 25, 2012 03:39:43 pm

Of dear - there is the first one.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #400: Nov 25, 2012 03:42:38 pm
      Suarez was a bit more tired, Enrique and Johnson were more than good in the first half, but faded in the last 30mins. Johnson was shocking. And Downing was  of no use on the field, had it been Johnson and Enrique on the left side, we'd have been more dangerous.
      -Downing! pfff...., the player I "dislike" the most in our club,(I've always supported every player here).
      -Cole was useless and should have never got in. Suso should have played
      -Skrtel, Reina and Agger were great, and it seems to me that they are coming back to their best.
      -Allen will never be able to go a Lucas job, Sahin might IMO.

It was not a so bad performance but BR has not done the right substitutions.
      therapy2004
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts |
      Reply #401: Nov 25, 2012 03:43:06 pm

Reactive nonsense.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #402: Nov 25, 2012 03:43:45 pm
      To be honest, I'd have taken the draw beforehand. I wasn't all that confident and thought that Swansea would catch us on the break with their pace up top.

We could have won it with Sterling & Suarez on a break of our own.

A clean sheet, Reina, Johnson, Enrique, Sterling, Suarez all positives to take from the game.

Our midfield needs a shake up.
      Bleed-LFC
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 200 posts |
      Reply #403: Nov 25, 2012 03:43:49 pm

For me, this was the most boring match we played this season. Im afraid, half our team looked lazy and lacked intent...
      Im not gutted with the result, but I m gutted with the attitude today..
      Any idea why Cole and downing was even playing today? BR subbed an out of form player with another..
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #404: Nov 25, 2012 03:48:05 pm
      Why are people slagging off Cole? He came on quite late, and didn't have time to do much of anything.

Some just see a certain player and start slamming them before thinking.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #405: Nov 25, 2012 03:49:02 pm
      As usual we fail to beat a team that not only should be beating but also we could have beaten if we had't wasted chances.

Last week we beat cannon fodder at home and it was talk of Champions League football and this week it is disaster. As usual it is somewhere in between.

Massively disappointed with the second half performance but it tells you a lot about our wider situation when Cole, Suso and Shelvey were put only genuine forward options on the bench.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #406: Nov 25, 2012 03:53:21 pm
      I don't think we played especially badly, we just lack enough quality to carve open a disciplined defence.

Positives:

Sterling  continues to improve
      Enrique seems to thrive in that more forward position.
      Clean sheet for Reina who pulled out some good saves.
      Agger and Skrtel solid as ever.
      Johnson attacked and defended very well.

Negatives:

Gerrard had another stinker. He either plays an inch-perfect long ball or gives it away. There's no happy medium.
      Allen's form has collapsed in the last few games.
      Downing and Henderson need to be sold ASAP to raise funds for better players.

Subs:

Cole didn't have any impact, either positive or negative. He simply wasn't on long enough.
      Shelvey should have been on from the start.

I fear though that without a seriously good and successful signing in the next window we'll be lucky to finish in the top half of the table, let alone challenge for Europe. We're good at keeping position but lack the quality to do anything with it.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,242 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #407: Nov 25, 2012 03:53:45 pm
      Why are people slagging off Cole? He came on quite late, and didn't have time to do much of anything.

Some just see a certain player and start slamming them before thinking.
      Maybe they are judging Cole on his performances for Liverpool as a whole, that have been shocking
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #408: Nov 25, 2012 03:59:00 pm
      We didn't build on the good first half performance and were very disappointing second half.

I thought a few players played well such as Suarez, Sterling and Enrique in attack although Raheem faded a bit towards the end. Both Enrique and Sterling also defended well during the game with Jose in particular covering Downing very well.

At the back Agger and Skrtel were solid with Martin the pick of those two, Downing was poor but on the other side Glen played well and really looked threatening at times going forward.

Midfield was dreadful and we didn't have anything of substance in there today. Allen's form seems to have deserted him and it's more than a blip as he's been pretty poor for a while now. Henderson had a few decent touches early on but was pretty anonymous from then on and offered very little.

Gerrard was the worst of the three for me and strolling about the pitch without a care in the world isn't good enough. He did provide a couple of great passes forward but too many times he just didn't look interested.

In the grand scheme of things a point away to Swansea isn't a disaster but we could have an should have won this game if we carried on form the good first half.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #409: Nov 25, 2012 04:00:02 pm
      we are being a bit harsh. We could have easily lost this one but we didnt. Swansea isnt a easy side to play against. We should have won and we were the better team.
      Going into the game, i thought this was the game where our midfield would have to chase alot and i believe thats why Hendo was on the pitch. Dont think he was that bad as some people here want us to believe.
      Even tho Cole scored in EL, i dont think he should be on the bench. BR should have had Yesil, assaidi or morgan on the bench instead of Cole.

That said, i am gutted we didnt win but we are improving slowly.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #410: Nov 25, 2012 04:00:57 pm
      We didn't biuls on the good first half preformance and werevery disappointing second half.

I thought a few players played well such as Suarez, Sterling and Enrique in attack although Raheem faded a bit towards the end. Both Enrique and Sterling also defended well during the game with Jose in particular covering Downing very weel.

At the back Agger and Skrtel were solid with Martin the pick of those two, Downing was poor but on the other side Glen played well and really looked threatening at times going forward.

Midfield was dreadful and we didn't have anything of substance in tyhere today. Allen's form seems to have deserted him and it's more than a blip as he's been pretty poor for a while now. Henderson had a few decent touches early on but was pretty anonymous from then on and offered very little.

Gerrard was the worst of the three for me and strolling about the pitch without a care in the world isn't good enough. He did provide a couple of great passes forward but too many times he just didn't look interested.

In the grand scheme of things a point away to Swansea isn't a disaster but we could have an should have won this game if we carried on form the good first half.

Spot on mate.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #411: Nov 25, 2012 04:07:45 pm
      I'd say  :-

Pepe - had a very good game. Voted him man of the match.
      Agger  - Average and had a few lapses.
      Skrtel  - Average didn't do too much wrong and solid.
      Johnson - Had a very good game. Admire his courage and ablity to take on defenders and bring the ball into the box. If we had a few others doing the same, we would have won the game.
      Enrique  - Put up another very good performance and nearly scored. As usual doubled up as winger and left back. Showed much more grit and determination. Love the way he argued with the linesman for the disallowed goal. In terms of courage and determination, other must emulate him.
      Allen  -  Mr. Neat,  but all those passes means nothing when it's not effective and always chose the safe route. Slowly turning into Hendo II.
      Downing - Don't know what to say about him except he can't blame BR for not giving him an opportunity. He simply refused to do a proper job. In years to come, he will look back and tell himself that his back passes are the ones that let him down.
      Hendo - The runnig man as usual.
      Gerrard  - He's not himself of late. Looks like he's bothered with some personal problems. He seems to have lost a yard of two of pace. He simply can;t play as a defensive mid, he's simply not interested. If I'm BR i'll give him an extended break to sort himself out. Jonjo would have to be the defensive mid in the meantime until Lucas is back and get Stevie to play further up the field.
      Sterling - nearly scored but really really need to make his final passes counts, it's going nowhere at the moment, otherwise all his great runs will come to nothing.
      Suarez - Amazing as he can be but really needs to have more respect for others. How many times I've seen him scolding Raheem and Enrique when he did not get the ball from both. It's pretty clear Raheem doesn;t work well with Suarez and soon Enrique as well. BR will need to step in and sort that out, otherwise, we'll never have teamwork here. Doesn't looks surprising why we're so fragmented in the final third when the front line can't see eye to eye with each other, until Jonjo came on. Or maybe, I'm over critical.
      Jonjo - at least he took the trouble to run and put himself in front of the goalkeeper. Greater urgency as soon as he came on and the Swanseas defense wwas jittery.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #412: Nov 25, 2012 04:10:44 pm
      Henderson and Downing are awful and should not be in the starting line up this season ship them out in the Jan transfer window!!!!!!!

BR must start to be ruthless and if both are not good enough he has to do the right thing, otherwise, over extended their stay will eventually cost him dearly and we know how ruthless the owners can be.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #413: Nov 25, 2012 04:13:49 pm
      Enrique was my MOTM considering he had to play as both winger and defender to cover that non entity downing, did both jobs very capably.

Quick Reply