Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Agger
      8 (7.8%)
      Reina
      30 (29.1%)
      Suarez
      7 (6.8%)
      Sterling
      4 (3.9%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Enrique
      39 (37.9%)
      Johnson
      11 (10.7%)
      Someone else
      4 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: Nov 28, 2012 04:16:18 pm

Swansea 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Chat

Read 29507 times
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Re: Swansea 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Chat
      Reply #460: Nov 25, 2012 07:47:41 pm
      He is playing in Lucas's role, I have far more issues with the Captain the last 3 matches then with Allen tbh.

Me too.
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #461: Nov 25, 2012 07:48:02 pm
      Sad thing to go with all this is that this feelings becoming more and more expected and delivered mid table football being played then its a mid table football team you shall have Rodgers stating he was happy with the result today says it all. I'm just having trouble coming down to this level of non expectancy as I am sure other reds out there feel the same shame
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #462: Nov 25, 2012 07:48:19 pm
      Why does it always have to go back to the owners - we got a draw today as opposed to a defeat that we got last year there.

It's to keep you busy on here, George.  :f_tongueincheek:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #463: Nov 25, 2012 07:53:42 pm
      In retrospect there is the fact that we have dominated so many games and still been on the wrong end of the scoreline, in the light of that statement a draw today is an improvement if not an achievement .
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #464: Nov 25, 2012 07:54:36 pm
      Had the better chances. Couple from corners in first half, Jonno had one clear header. And Enrique looked like a fish out of water for the chance that hit his stomach just in front of goal. One disallowed. Sterling off the bar. Suarez looked sharp. Though gave Jose MOTM.
      Just thought the game was a bit lifeless. Two teams playing the same way. Very little variety. Tactical, not much blood n guts.
      Would be good to have someone take the midfield by the scruff of nexk and make a few surging runs - like SG used to do. Liven things up. Get some crunching tackles in. It's a bit pedestrian at the moment, predictable.
      Is it understandable, cause we don't have the players? Or is it just that Rodgers plays that one way, and options like Carroll are the highway?
      Thought Hendo and Downing deserved to be subbed, they were quiet. When Shelvey came on he looked strong, had a good shot saved and picked up the pace. Don' t know if Joe Cole touched the ball.
      Back four were solid. Jonno made some good runs but was a bit wasteful at the end of some of them.
      Sterling did well again, lively - did let the odd pass go at the wrong time once or twice, but he's one of the top 3 or 4 performers.
      We're definately getting more solid, more comfortable with the gameplan. Not loosing as much as before, though drawing a lot. But defense will be happy.
      Good to see Pepe back, could've lost an eye there in the Dyer tackle, studs up.
      Still too dependant on Suarez, need some of the other guys to show more conviction in front of goal.
      All in all, clean sheet, Pepe back, probably deserved to nick it. Next up - make chips of Spuds.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #465: Nov 25, 2012 08:01:13 pm
      Exactly Skip, BR is very reluctant to make any comment that would show the owners in a bad light, that includes making demands of them that would entail the hand in the pocket scenario.

People where criticising him a few weeks back when he was making his dissatisfaction with Cole and Downing known in the media. Now he's doing it behind closed doors (and there's no reason to believe otherwise), he's being criticised. People need to be fair and consistent in their judgement of BR.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #466: Nov 25, 2012 08:02:37 pm
      It's to keep you busy on here, George.  :f_tongueincheek:

Who did they blame last year ?
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,169 posts | 520 
      Reply #467: Nov 25, 2012 08:09:37 pm
      Well another frustrating game,thought we did enough to sneak a 1-0 win. Don't know whats up with Stevie,he seems very subdued when he plays.
      Don't like to post negative comments,but I have lamposts on my street with more movement than Downing !
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #468: Nov 25, 2012 08:11:04 pm

I've only been here since January this year and it's always been the owners getting the most stick. The previous owners and the mess they left the club in has been mentioned too of course.
      Scottbot

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #469: Nov 25, 2012 08:11:48 pm
      Just thought the game was a bit lifeless. Two teams playing the same way. Very little variety. Tactical, not much blood n guts.

This pretty much echoes my thoughts. We looked pretty decent in the first half but we were a bit predictable and in the 2nd half they did a great job screening balls into Suarez with the changes they made and Brendan was too slow to react in my opinion. The rest of the attacking players HAVE TO get in contact with Suarez, and that includes the wide players and at least one of the CMs. Our midfield 3 were too deep today and the tempo of their passing was also too slow. Was Sahin injured? Both him and Suso move the ball quickly and offer so much more than Henderson in there. Quite a few predictably moaning about Downign but he was solid enough at left back bar the one error that almost cost us. As for Enrique, I love his effort levels, he works his butt off but let's be honest, he isn't the 2nd coming of Gareth Bale and I'm not sure he is a long term solution on the left somehow.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #470: Nov 25, 2012 08:14:16 pm
      I've only been here since January this year and it's always been the owners getting the most stick. The previous owners and the mess they left the club in has been mentioned too of course.

Today's result and performance had nothing to do with the owners. The manager picked the wrong team and the players he picked unsurprisingly didn't perform. That's not the fault of the owners because three of the four poor players today the owners stumped up a considerable amount of cash for them on behalf of successive managers. Yes the owners have made mistakes but today had nothing to do with them.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #471: Nov 25, 2012 08:14:36 pm
      Here is my player Ratings

Reina - 8
      Downing - 5
      Skrtel - 7
      Agger - 7
      Johnson - 8
      Enrique - 8
      Allen - 6
      Henderson - 6
      Gerrard - 5
      Sterling - 6
      Suarez - 7
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #472: Nov 25, 2012 08:20:50 pm
      Today's result and performance had nothing to do with the owners. The manager picked the wrong team and the players he picked unsurprisingly didn't perform. That's not the fault of the owners because three of the four poor players today the owners stumped up a considerable amount of cash for them on behalf of successive managers. Yes the owners have made mistakes but today had nothing to do with them.

Indeed. I agree with you.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #473: Nov 25, 2012 08:21:49 pm
      Here is my player Ratings

Reina - 8
      Downing - 5
      Skrtel - 7
      Agger - 7
      Johnson - 8
      Enrique - 8
      Allen - 6
      Henderson - 6
      Gerrard - 5
      Sterling - 6
      Suarez - 7

Agree with all of your ratings except Sterling who may have been a 7.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #474: Nov 25, 2012 08:24:34 pm
      This pretty much echoes my thoughts. We looked pretty decent in the first half but we were a bit predictable and in the 2nd half they did a great job screening balls into Suarez with the changes they made and Brendan was too slow to react in my opinion. The rest of the attacking players HAVE TO get in contact with Suarez, and that includes the wide players and at least one of the CMs. Our midfield 3 were too deep today and the tempo of their passing was also too slow. Was Sahin injured? Both him and Suso move the ball quickly and offer so much more than Henderson in there. Quite a few predictably moaning about Downign but he was solid enough at left back bar the one error that almost cost us. As for Enrique, I love his effort levels, he works his butt off but let's be honest, he isn't the 2nd coming of Gareth Bale and I'm not sure he is a long term solution on the left somehow.

Yeah, Enrique probably not as good a finisher as even Jonno, but he does seem to be linking fairly well with Suarez recently. And he's strong.
      Tempo is still a bit slow, and agree, Saurez is too isolated, he needs a link man, someone to play closer to him - SG, Hendo and Allen,   their roles look to similar, why is one of em not playing up higher - like SG did behind Torres a few seasons back (in saying that SG's not really his goal scoring, surging self at the moment)
      notorious1985
      • Forum Ian St John

• 442 posts | 27 
      Reply #475: Nov 25, 2012 08:37:52 pm
      Downing at left back is a joke. Pablo hernandez looks a player what he cost 6.5 million.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #476: Nov 25, 2012 09:04:48 pm
      I'm getting worried about Gerrard. His form is kind of alarming. Hope he sorts it out.

Allen is frustrating me a little too.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6374 
      Reply #477: Nov 25, 2012 09:10:48 pm
      I actually thought Enrique was onside and the goal should have counted. If that were the case hardly anyone is moaning about our lack of ability to finish and are happy about 3 points in a tough away match. Not really worried too much myself, we need to keep getting something out of these matches and avoiding losses. January will bring help.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #478: Nov 25, 2012 09:43:03 pm
      People where criticising him a few weeks back when he was making his dissatisfaction with Cole and Downing known in the media. Now he's doing it behind closed doors (and there's no reason to believe otherwise), he's being criticised. People need to be fair and consistent in their judgement of BR.
      I am not criticising mate I was commenting on the various aspects BR has to address.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 2816 
      Reply #479: Nov 25, 2012 10:21:37 pm
      I actually thought Enrique was onside and the goal should have counted.

Was very close, would have thought after the disallowed goal v Everton we were due one!
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #480: Nov 25, 2012 10:45:37 pm
      Agree with all of your ratings except Sterling who may have been a 7.

I was torn with what to give Sterling. He made some impressive exchanges and runs throughout the game but seemed to lack the cutting edge today. A few of his shots were weak and he messed up the 1-2 with Suarez that could have won us the game.

Dreadfully unlucky with his volley hitting the bar though.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #481: Nov 25, 2012 11:34:03 pm
      No F***ing way was Enrique offside for that goal, the replay proved it F***ing robbed again.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6374 
      Reply #482: Nov 25, 2012 11:39:34 pm
      Was very close, would have thought after the disallowed goal v Everton we were due one!

All I have ever heard is that the offensive player gets the benefit of the doubt, guess that isn't the case for us.

Quick Reply