Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Agger
      8 (7.8%)
      Reina
      30 (29.1%)
      Suarez
      7 (6.8%)
      Sterling
      4 (3.9%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Enrique
      39 (37.9%)
      Johnson
      11 (10.7%)
      Someone else
      4 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: Nov 28, 2012 04:16:18 pm

Swansea 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Chat

Read 29506 times
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Re: Swansea 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Chat
      Reply #483: Nov 26, 2012 12:03:02 am
      No f**king way was Enrique offside for that goal, the replay proved it f**king robbed again.

I think he was wasn't he? Or have MOTD got a better camera for it couldn't tell on sky.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #484: Nov 26, 2012 12:15:03 am
      So, to try and put a positive spin on this, one point better off from the same fixture last season.  We were 6 inches (Enrique offside & he was, Sterling hitting the bar) away from a comfortable 2-0 win. 

The performance was patchy at best, a draw probably a fair result. Reina stood out today and it's not a great sign when your keeper is in the running for MotM, Agger & Skrtel where solid, Agger shading the partnership but Skrtel's progression as a footballer has surprised me.  Head up, looking for passes when he has the ball and making himself available when needed.  Thought Johnson took a little time to adjust to being back on the right, but once again he proved he is one of our best assets.  Downing was poor, no two ways about it, but I'm glad he kept Enrique further forward but maybe Robinson should have started. 

No denying our midfield was poor.  Allen was particularly clumsy in the tackle today, Henderson was invisible and , like bigmick, I feel Gerrard is carrying a knock.  Once upon a time, a 75% Gerrard was good enough to start and worth the risk, nowadays, not so much. I noticed a few calls for Shelvey to start, but even Shelvey has been inconsistent and didn't really light up the play today.

Enrique impressed again, Suarez was good in parts and after a very dodgy start, Sterling slowly came into the game, though he really should have done better with the breakaway chance.  Also Joe Cole came on. 

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #485: Nov 26, 2012 12:17:16 am
      Sky showed an angle that proved Enrique was onside after the match, I thought he was offside to begin with, stating it was a great decision so it's easy to be wrong. The only issue I have at the moment is a massive percentage of the bigger decisions (feels like all at the moment) is going against us so it's hard to accept again.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #486: Nov 26, 2012 12:25:20 am
      Once upon a time, a 75% Gerrard was good enough to start and worth the risk, nowadays, not so much.

That comes back to the question, is Gerrard too big to drop? Sadly, it seems the answer right now, is yes.
      « Last Edit: Nov 26, 2012 12:37:53 am by 5timesacharm »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #487: Nov 26, 2012 12:36:02 am
      Only saw the game on motd but voted for enrique motm as he seemed to have a bit more determination than most, and did have a good game on the left there. Probably done that job, and the left back job as well. better than downing anyway. Thought we'd done enough to get a win, but a draw isn't shamefull, considering we were undone by a lino again. Overall we played some great footy and were in control for long periods of the match. Some of the other results went our way again so a draw was o.k. although I still feel robbed. Another clean sheet and confidence high. Looking forward to beating the spuds on wednesday now, but think we may need to do it without downing and henderson who were pretty anonmimous today. Still gonna need that striker in Jan.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #488: Nov 26, 2012 12:38:10 am
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #489: Nov 26, 2012 12:41:10 am
      No F***ing way was Enrique offside for that goal, the replay proved it F***ing robbed again.

Sky showed an angle that proved Enrique was onside after the match, I thought he was offside to begin with, stating it was a great decision so it's easy to be wrong. The only issue I have at the moment is a massive percentage of the bigger decisions (feels like all at the moment) is going against us so it's hard to accept again.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #490: Nov 26, 2012 12:41:58 am
      Cheers H2H I actually googled it and couldn't find that damn still, thank you.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #491: Nov 26, 2012 12:44:16 am
      Cheers H2H I actually googled it and couldn't find that damn still, thank you.

No problem. It's from Twitter.  ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,309 posts | 6374 
      Reply #492: Nov 26, 2012 12:46:09 am
      We are getting to the point where we need instant replay in football. It's ridiculous that we have clearly lost two goals(one a game winner) due to linesman error. Someone needs to be held accountable for bad calls.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,331 posts | 182 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #493: Nov 26, 2012 12:50:19 am
      I can't understand why Shelvey doesn't start. Also, when Lucas is back, for me Allen can drop out. Shelvey-Lucas-Stevie for me in the middle.

I really see no reason for Stevie to start.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #494: Nov 26, 2012 04:00:11 am
      We seems to be looking forward to that odd one or two chances to score goals while we know too well we just don't have the players from midfield to create more than 2 or 3 chances in a game at the moment. It's frustrating how much we have spent over the years and we still can't get the right players in midfiled. We have never successfully replace Alonso.

When we have a trio of an underperforming Stevie, Allen not sure what's his role is all about and a Henderson that continues to drift left to right and right to left  and offers nothing going forward, it doesn't come as a surprise that we struggle to create openings for Suarez.

When Lucas comes back to the team, he will take care of the defensive role while Stevie will be free to roam further forward and we really need to look out for a beast that  can play between Stevie and Lucas. Allen and Shelvey maybe the right candidate at the moment, but so far what I've seen Allen has more defensive capabilities than offensive capabilities while Shelvey has both.

Not too far back we use to have on of the strongest midfield and hopeless on both wings and it's the opposite now. I'd say don't dally get the right midfield players in before the wings becomes problem again.
      « Last Edit: Nov 26, 2012 04:12:12 am by redkop63 »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #495: Nov 26, 2012 11:06:50 am
      We are getting to the point where we need instant replay in football. It's ridiculous that we have clearly lost two goals(one a game winner) due to linesman error. Someone needs to be held accountable for bad calls.
      Tell us abarrit!!!
      The '''official''' and the exaggerated punctuation is intentional, would require a digitally enhanced viewing accessory to make any equible decision on the incident.
      In his own mind if he was familiar with the basics of the offside ruling and had no visual impairment or bias, the Enrique goal was perfectly legitimate and nothing in his line of vision could dictate otherwise, taking the least detrimental reasoning as fact the decision was therefore biased.
      How much longer can LFC be cheated??
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #496: Nov 26, 2012 11:17:36 am
      I think he was wasn't he? Or have MOTD got a better camera for it couldn't tell on sky.
      The biased bionic official has no need for technology.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #497: Nov 26, 2012 11:19:20 am
      The offside call was very very close that could have gone either way
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #498: Nov 26, 2012 11:23:34 am
      Joe Allen hasn't set the world on fire and gave the ball away a lot today when Lucas is fit and playing who is going to make way for him.

If we're basing it on form since the start of the season, it should be Gerrard who makes way.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #499: Nov 26, 2012 11:35:20 am

As a forward you should be given then benefit of doubt.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #500: Nov 26, 2012 11:35:54 am
      If we're basing it on form since the start of the season, it should be Gerrard who makes way.
      It pains me to say it but the only reason I can see our man keeping his place is sentiment and perceived  status, his performance rating is way down the scale recently.
      Maybe Stevie needs the kick up the arse to rekindle the hunger.
      « Last Edit: Nov 26, 2012 12:32:44 pm by stuey »
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #501: Nov 26, 2012 11:43:28 am

The point though, is that once again; it didn't.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #502: Nov 26, 2012 11:53:31 am
      The point though, is that once again; it didn't.

And that's not because of any bias ! The seem these days to not give the close calls in the favour of the attacker - in real time I thought he was offside - even with some replays it looks like a part of his body is still offside so it's a very close call which us hard to determine with replays let alone split second real time
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #503: Nov 26, 2012 12:09:53 pm
      And that's not because of any bias !
      Didn't say it was.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #504: Nov 26, 2012 12:49:53 pm
      Yet there is bias in the strict interpretation of the word to infer that the decision was unfairly balanced towards the incorrect.
      That very statement demands that the individual responsible for making such a judgement is incapable of carrying out his role satisfactorily, in any other situation he would be severely reprimanded or sacked off.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #505: Nov 26, 2012 12:55:04 pm
      When considering we haven't won a single game against swansea last season,plus we lost 2 and drawn one. This is a good result. We can't expect to win all games when we set our league expectation as mid table finish. Both owners and manager are happy with it. We can't do nothing about it. Enjoy the occasional wins here and there. Forget losses and draws. Be happy. :)

Quick Reply