Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Agger
      8 (7.8%)
      Reina
      30 (29.1%)
      Suarez
      7 (6.8%)
      Sterling
      4 (3.9%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Enrique
      39 (37.9%)
      Johnson
      11 (10.7%)
      Someone else
      4 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: Nov 28, 2012 04:16:18 pm

Swansea 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Chat

Read 29527 times
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Re: Swansea 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Chat
      Reply #506: Nov 26, 2012 01:01:09 pm
      Yet there is bias in the strict interpretation of the word to infer that the decision was unfairly balanced towards the incorrect.
      That very statement demands that the individual responsible for making such a judgement is incapable of carrying out his role satisfactorily, in any other situation he would be severely reprimanded or sacked off.

Well thats a quick way to get rid of every single ref or linesman - sack them whenever a mistake happens - should that be the same for players and managers as well.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,649 posts | 6945 
      Reply #507: Nov 26, 2012 01:02:31 pm
      Went for Enrique as MOTM.  For the simple fact he is looking like one of our most attack minded players bar Suarez.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #508: Nov 26, 2012 02:06:25 pm
      I suppose we could feel a bit hard done, but I don't think a point here is terrible. We still look very susceptible to the counter, and on another day, maybe it's a 1-1 game in all honesty. We created some good chances, but still not the brilliant ones we need to on a consistent basis. Swansea had some good spells with the ball. I bet Sterling wants that one pass back in the 80th minute or so when he played it just a bit heavy on a counter to Suarez.

I'm not disappointed really. I'm more upset about Thursday than I am Sunday.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #509: Nov 26, 2012 04:46:11 pm
      last season we had huge amounts of possesion hit the woodwork from all angles had dodgy ref decisions but they were not allowed as excuses for Kenny whats changed?.
      That game was a mirror image of lots of last seasons games what has changed? the post match interviews could have been lifted form last season.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #510: Nov 26, 2012 08:48:06 pm
      We should be beating the likes of Swansea but on the overall play I think a draw was  fair result, sure we were unlucky to hit the bar and have an effort ruled out but they came close on a number of occasions too. Enrique is relishing that more advanced role though!
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #511: Nov 26, 2012 10:16:47 pm
      The offside call was very very close that could have gone either way
      Screw that! When there is doubt, attackers get the benefit of the doubt. PLUS, if Enrique had been in front of the 4 (yes, four) Swansea players, maybe he could have made a mistake, but how in hell could he made that mistake when the red shirt was BEHIND four white shirts escapes me (well, it actually does not surprise me). That still is very clear to me.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #512: Nov 26, 2012 10:21:05 pm
      Screw that! When there is doubt, attackers get the benefit of the doubt. PLUS, if Enrique had been in front of the 4 (yes, four) Swansea players, maybe he could have made a mistake, but how in hell could he made that mistake when the red shirt was BEHIND four white shirts escapes me (well, it actually does not surprise me). That still is very clear to me.

Looks pretty close to me
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #513: Nov 26, 2012 10:25:31 pm
      Level with the back of the CB foot.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #514: Nov 26, 2012 10:30:15 pm

He is with the benefit of a replay to see that tiny detail - now imagine it in real time with a split second to decide when it looks like Enrique is just ahead
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #515: Nov 27, 2012 12:06:53 am
      I thought it was off-side initially until this video capture showed otherwise. We have to list down the linesmen's errors aginst us this season and send it to the FA if we narrowly  missed out on on top 4.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #516: Nov 27, 2012 12:45:17 am
      On a plus side, how did Joe Allen get away with not being booked, made at least 3 tackles that I thought were far easy calls than the offside decision.
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #517: Nov 27, 2012 02:04:36 am
      We've had plenty to complain about in terms of referee decisions this year, but that's not one of them. Certainly was close, and might not have been called in a lot of other moments, but more unlucky for us than wrong from the ref.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #518: Nov 27, 2012 02:12:36 am
      We've had plenty to complain about in terms of referee decisions this year, but that's not one of them. Certainly was close, and might not have been called in a lot of other moments, but more unlucky for us than wrong from the ref.
      Agree, yes after several replay angles he is on. But it's such a hard call it's one you have to accept will either go for you or against you.

The Suarez one was a shocking decision and with the time of the goal that never was, you can say that cost us 2 points. But on this occasion I don't think it's right to dwell on it.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #519: Nov 27, 2012 12:52:04 pm
      Sorry, but the linesmans view was from the same angle as that still. So, Enrique was COVERED by 4 white shirts... and if there is doubt, they should favour the attack (or at least thats what FIFA says)
      I agree that initially it looked offside on TV, but the match was on a different angle.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #520: Nov 27, 2012 01:30:48 pm
      I don't think there is any point in going over decisions that didn't go our way.

In the end we need to put the ball in the back of the net from the chances we create and to help do that we need another decent striker to take the pressure off Suarez and score goals.  We all know what the probelm is and we continue to suffer from the fallout from the failed transfer business in the Summer Transfer Window.

Happy with the way the team is playing we just need a bit more punch up front.

Quick Reply