Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Agger
      8 (7.8%)
      Reina
      30 (29.1%)
      Suarez
      7 (6.8%)
      Sterling
      4 (3.9%)
      Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Enrique
      39 (37.9%)
      Johnson
      11 (10.7%)
      Someone else
      4 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: Nov 28, 2012 04:16:18 pm

Swansea 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Chat

Read 29328 times
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Re: LIVE: Swansea v Liverpool
      Reply #368: Nov 25, 2012 03:26:37 pm
      another game gets away with wishywashy finishing, no real surprise, just feel we lack anticipation in general

feels like an end of season game
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #369: Nov 25, 2012 03:26:43 pm
      Should have started Jonjo can't understand why Hendo was picked ahead of him.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #370: Nov 25, 2012 03:26:49 pm
      Unbeaten is nice but we need to win a few. Not brave enough in that 2nd half for me. Laudrup changed things up at half-time and Rodgers didn't respond. Henderson getting the start was a strange one for me, he had a tidy game but our midfield 3 lacked any creativity and I was very disapointed not to see Suso get some minutes.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #371: Nov 25, 2012 03:27:36 pm
      0-0

Thought we did enough to win but once again we missed that clinical striker up front to partner Suarez, we cant expect him to do it for us every game. Ah well a points not the end of the world and now its onto a tougher game on paper vs. Spurs on Wednesday.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #372: Nov 25, 2012 03:27:46 pm
      Main positive has to be Pepe putting in a performance we all know he is capable of.

Some good stops, dominated his box, rushed out well a few times and he was brilliant with the ball at his feet.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #373: Nov 25, 2012 03:27:52 pm
      Cant wait till Lucas is back so our other midfieldser can be a bit more
      adventourous, too safe at the moment.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #374: Nov 25, 2012 03:28:21 pm
      Swansea were also woeful today in front of goal it has to be said.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #375: Nov 25, 2012 03:28:37 pm
      Back to business as usual, void of indeas in the final third. Come to think of it, if BR doesn't want to work on how to be effective in the final third might as well get Andy back and we whip the ball into the box and hope Andy gets to the end of it.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #376: Nov 25, 2012 03:29:08 pm
      Swansea were also woeful today in front of goal it has to be said.

Dont agree. Thought they were on par with us! Fair result for me! We need to improve!
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #377: Nov 25, 2012 03:29:08 pm
      I would have taken a point at the start and by the end my view isnt any different we edged it but not enough to deserve a win imo.

Good point and I'd take another on wednesday too.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #378: Nov 25, 2012 03:29:27 pm
      Pepe man of the match for me.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #379: Nov 25, 2012 03:29:35 pm
      Stewart Downing - sh*te anywhere he plays. Get rid as soon as possible.

Joe Cole - can't understand why Rodgers keeps giving him chances... shouldn't even be here anymore, although I doubt anyone will offer him the wages we pay.

Jordan Henderson - the greatest example of how not to take the opportunities you're given... crying for a chance to start a game in the EPL this season, and when he does, plays like a passenger. Managed to be the worst of a midfield trio that also had poor performances from Gerrard and Allen.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #380: Nov 25, 2012 03:29:41 pm
      Allen and Gerrard very poor today
      are you sure ?
      saying poor I think a bit harsh but you said they were very poor, I don't think so.
      El Andy C
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #381: Nov 25, 2012 03:29:48 pm
      F**k F**k F**k.. Still in the bottom Half of the table,jan can't come quick Enough for we need a few in,bringing on rubbish like Jonjo and joe to change a game doesn't cut for neither r the class.. joe allen and Jordan in midfield at nearly 35mil is a total waste of money,neither have a forward pass in them
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #382: Nov 25, 2012 03:30:11 pm
      So frustrating!

Defence was sound, as was Reina (brave too)

Hendo and Downing should not play again for us, and no amount of 'nice touches' about Hendo will change my mind. They are not good enough for us, simple as that. At one point I actually thought Downing was about to cry he looked so worried.

Sterling for all his promise, seriously needs to work on his final ball, because it was shocking today

Not sure what happened second half, but we simply stopped playing and invited pressure on ourselves#

Allen had a good game, looks like he's getting over his blip in form, and Enrique at left wing could be the find of the season.

Suarez wasn't supported as usual, perhaps playing away from home that's to be expected, but again, he needs more help from the wide men.

Gerrard seems to be struggling so deep, I CAN'T WAIT for Lucas to come back, because I think we'll see Allen push up more, and Gerrard. Interesting

All in all, thought we did enough first half, but took our foot off the gas second half, so draw was the fair result.

Bunch of other stuff I've forgotten.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #383: Nov 25, 2012 03:30:43 pm
      Thought Brendan got the changes wrong IMO, game suited Suso rather than Shelvey and F**k knows why Cole came on. Downing looked a bit better at the back second half.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #384: Nov 25, 2012 03:30:50 pm
      So frustrating to watch at times.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #385: Nov 25, 2012 03:30:50 pm
      Pepe Skrtel and Agger Johnson Enrique all played well, Allen Gerrard Downing and Henderson were all poor, Suarez and Sterling tried but were ineffective, another game were passed to many times and to slowly
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #386: Nov 25, 2012 03:30:51 pm
      Well that was a bitty frustrating game - not very fluid today , passes going astray, lack if real urgency especially in the middle which was a very poor safe mix. Needed a Suso or Shelvey to add either drive or creativity.

We had plenty in the tank to win that game and whilst we are still unbeaten that was prob 2 points dropped.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #387: Nov 25, 2012 03:31:11 pm
      Should have started Jonjo can't understand why Hendo was picked ahead of him.

A perfect recipe for a draw.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #388: Nov 25, 2012 03:31:12 pm
      Give the guy a break, he barely got 10 minutes to rock your world :mad:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #389: Nov 25, 2012 03:31:16 pm
      Sad to say but we're a mid table team at present,teams like Swansea shouldn't be in the same class but unfortunately we are... Jonjo and joe havent touched it since they came on.. Poor poor performance

Oh do be quiet! Like Swansea why can't you see we are a developing team? Contrary to what you and others think I think a draw at Swansea is a good result. It's a tough tough place to go to and it keeps up this unbeaten, albeit unspectacular, run. I thought we were very good in the first half, it was much more equal in the second half and overall it's a deserved draw for both sides. I thought we were well organised when they were on the ball. Two banks of 4 was often the norm and they rarely succeeded. We were well organised and the defence and Reina did a STELLAR job. Well in guys! Wee bit concerned still with Gerrard. A couple times too often he stood and lightly jogged back when he should have been SPRINTING. Sprint Stevie, sprint!!

For a squad as thin as ours and with many young inexperienced players getting a look in the best we can hope for up until January is to merely keep the table ticking over, whether it's a point or three points. As I said earlier we may have been getting too many draws but in the long term those points we gain from draws add up to a hell of a better tally and finishing position than if we lost them. Remember we are a Liverpool who have spent most this calendar year on the end of deserved drubbing after deserved drubbing. Thank god these draws show a stabilising of the ship. We go to Tottenham in midweek building some platform but still with some pressure. But that can only be a good thing. We've not beaten them at White Hart Lane for yonks but I have my fingers crossed for this one. Come on Liverpool!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #390: Nov 25, 2012 03:31:25 pm
      Cant wait till Lucas is back so our other midfieldser can be a bit more
      adventourous, too safe at the moment.

Same, I'm hoping it will have a big effect on Joe Allen's game... while Allen is a capable player in defense, his game isn't really suited to where he is at the moment, he's wasted between defenders and doesn't have the physical strenght to cover for central defenders when needed (something a guy like Busquets does all the time, and Lucas is the more capable of our players to do that at the moment)

Quick Reply