Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Greatest Liverpool 11 you've seen.

Read 1292 times
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 872 posts | 37 
      Greatest Liverpool 11 you've seen.
      Dec 01, 2012 03:13:27 am
      Would like to know my fellow kopites best 11.

3 rules.

No fancy formations I what a plain 4-4-2
      I want your best eleven from your time watching the mighty reds, for example in my situation Dalglish's career as a player was at the tale end of it,  so from what I actually saw I can't put him in.
      No subs by all means give players that nearly made the eleven a mention in your selections but no subs please.

GK - Pepe Reina. World class, taken Liverpool to his heart and long may it continue.

RB - Rob Jones. Such a talent, sadly due to injury never realised his full potential but still imo best right back I've seen. Arbeloa was an excellent right back but sadly didn't stay long enough to get the nod over Jones.

CB - Sami Hyypia. Came into our club at a time when our defence was seen as a big weakness, Sami alongside Henchoz soon changed that around. He was so commanding in either box. Imo the best centre back I've seen here.

CB - Jamie Carragher. Close between him and Hansen but I've plumped for Carra. Came through a rocky spell in his early career when he never really had a position. But his commitment to the cause and his unparalleled desire to succeed make  him my choice alongside big Sami.

LB - Steve Nicol. Very versatile player, but what a player. Can still remember him hitting a 30 yard volley to get us a 2-2 draw at Hillsbrough against Sheff Weds. Often over looked when Liverpool greats are talked about but in my eyes he's right up there.

RM - Steve McManaman. Career tarnished by his departure but this lad had an engine likened to a long distance runner, he never stopped. If you wanted to run the clock down give it to Macca and watch him dance around the opposition team. His goal scoring could have been better but his all round team play was massive.

CM - Steven Gerrard (C). Don't need to say anything other than best player I've ever seen don the red jersey. An inspiration to millions.

CM - Xabi Alonso. Tricky as a few entered my thoughts here. But the end of the day how can I leave out a player I still believe is the best passer with both feet I've ever seen in world football. Steve McMahon was a massive influence on the late 80's early 90's teams his drive and determination from midfield really set the standard for the team however Xabi gets the nod.

LM - John Barnes. No contest. Unplayable, privileged to say I got to watch him rip defenders to shreds in his pomp.

ST - Robbie Fowler. Best finisher I've seen in my time watching Liverpool. Loved everything about the lad, the way he played the game made you smile. Not seen a young player rip defences apart from the offset before or since in the EPL like 'GOD' did.

ST - Ian Rush. What a player, had everything was the teams first line of defence and his goalscoring record speaks for itself. Torres's first few seasons brought him in to the reckoning to partner Fowler but the back end of his career with his tarnished his rep.

Reina

Jones                  Hyypia         Carragher             Nicol

McManaman       Gerrard          Alonso              Barnes

Fowler           Rush
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Re: Greatest Liverpool 11 you've seen.
      Reply #1: Dec 01, 2012 03:19:55 am
      From what i have seen
                       reina
      GJ   Hyypia   Agger   Aurelio
      Gerrard  Masch Alonso Suarez
                  Torres  owen
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #2: Dec 01, 2012 08:45:02 am
      Sure there are other threads on this forum like this mate
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #3: Dec 01, 2012 09:43:32 am
      Sure there are other threads on this forum like this mate
      Indeed there are Kelvo... this was the latest one: http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,43696.0.html

Poor aul Fowler strikes again.  ;D

Quick Reply