Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Spurs 2-1 Liverpool - post match anger

Read 45043 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Re: Spurs 2-1 Liverpool - post match anger
      Reply #989: Nov 29, 2012 01:56:23 am
      An interesting point as it is the one position I think Gerrard is uited to at the minute but with two ahead of him like Suso and Shelvey but I don't ever see the Brendan dropping Allen.

Unfortunately mate I agree that Brendan won't drop Allen and it could prove to be his downfall because at the moment Allen isn't making us tick like we were led to believe he would. I remember saying to me arl fella around Halloween time that by Christmas, Joe Allen would be the player I found meself criticising more than anybody else. (and that included Enrique)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #990: Nov 29, 2012 02:21:34 am
      There are 10 outfield players they all have a responsibility to chip in with goals this team seems to think its Luis job to score all the goals.Our midfield need to score more and Shelvey has deficiencies in his game but he can score .goals.
      God its a terrible f**king mess.
      Totally agree,if you look at the past successful Liverpool teams they got goals from all the players from right back to left wing,hope tou don't mind me talking in old money.I was very disappointed with the SPURS result and made a couple of notes while watching the match.
       1/ Downing was frozen to the spot when Lennon scored,I hope Brendan realises soon that Downing will never be a full back,or a winger for that matter.
      2/The second Spurs goal without a doubt is down to Henderson,it was a stupid challenge on Dempsey.
      3/Why does Stevie have to take most of the corners,I would prefer the wingers to take them and for Stevie to hang back just outside the penalty area.
      4/Why the hell can't we put the ball in the back of the net,
      5/I think Sterling played better on the left early on in the season any comments on this.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #991: Nov 29, 2012 02:39:54 am
      F**k me.  Top 8 in two or three seasons!!

You definitley have nothing much to worry about.

Some of us however have higher standards for this club and I'd hope the manager and owners feel the same.

Don't be blind. We are a club in decline from 2009. BR is trying to improve our team.He replaced a number of experienced players with inexperienced players. It will take time. With suarez playing this much games and the work rate he is putting on these games,he would burn out pretty soon.It will take 2 or 3 seasons to get the things right. We are at the moment 12th place and struggling score that means struggling to win. Top 8 in next two seasons is great achievement imo.And if FSG is planning to spend , i expect to finish much higher.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #992: Nov 29, 2012 07:26:28 am
      Totally agree,if you look at the past successful Liverpool teams they got goals from all the players from right back to left wing,hope tou don't mind me talking in old money.I was very disappointed with the SPURS result and made a couple of notes while watching the match.
       1/ Downing was frozen to the spot when Lennon scored,I hope Brendan realises soon that Downing will never be a full back,or a winger for that matter.
      2/The second Spurs goal without a doubt is down to Henderson,it was a stupid challenge on Dempsey.
      3/Why does Stevie have to take most of the corners,I would prefer the wingers to take them and for Stevie to hang back just outside the penalty area.
      4/Why the hell can't we put the ball in the back of the net,
      5/I think Sterling played better on the left early on in the season any comments on this.

Henderson didnt touch him - it was a blatent dive

The rest is common knowledge and the story of our last 11 months.

Sterling played most of the time on the left in the ressies - far better there
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #993: Nov 29, 2012 08:05:00 am
      Stay positive lads - sure a win at home to Southampton on Saturday and it's the same as going "unbeaten" for three games.  >:D
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #994: Nov 29, 2012 08:09:26 am
      We shouldn't get carried away after this game. This was always gonna be a tough game. With Lucas almost back, we can go for a good run up until January, which should bring us a striker and maybe a goalscoring winger. That could settle us for a good second half of the season!

IBWT!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #995: Nov 29, 2012 08:30:26 am
      One or two daggers which were previously drawn but concealed under pretensions of support glinting in the daylight this morning. Sad to see really, even their manager saying we deserved a point. How dare we lose a football match, and wot wiv Rafa keeping a clean sheet against Fulham n'all. Dear oh dear.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #996: Nov 29, 2012 09:31:36 am
      One or two daggers which were previously drawn but concealed under pretensions of support glinting in the daylight this morning. Sad to see really, even their manager saying we deserved a point. How dare we lose a football match, and wot wiv Rafa keeping a clean sheet against Fulham n'all. Dear oh dear.

You're more Rafa obsessed than any of them Mick! What has Rafa doing sh*t at Chelsea got to do with us losing to Spuds, or Brendans poor start to the season?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #997: Nov 29, 2012 09:44:24 am
      One or two daggers which were previously drawn but concealed under pretensions of support glinting in the daylight this morning. Sad to see really, even their manager saying we deserved a point.
      How dare we lose a football match, and wot wiv Rafa keeping a clean sheet against Fulham n'all. Dear oh dear.

C'Mon Mick.

Lets have a Rafa Wind Up.
      Its been a few months since I had a go at the Mafia.
      Glinting like glasses on a bar on a Sunday morning.
       ;D

I thought that was fair of AVB to make that comment.
      He should also have said "that Downing of yours is sh*te isnt he ? "
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #998: Nov 29, 2012 09:58:11 am
      Ah Rafa discussions - always great. ;)

Think it was mentioned first last night about how he arrived and immediatly stopped them conceeding goals and think it was used to suggest how BR needs to adapt to his surroundings to get the best out of his player staff - ie adapt the system to fit the players we have as opposed to trying to put square pegs in round holes and fitting unsuited players into his system.

Think it is possibly a bit early for Rafa and Chelsea to be used as a pointer
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #999: Nov 29, 2012 10:14:00 am
      Post 1000  :(

F***ing gutted with that today. Should have beaten those fuckers.

How many missed opportunities today could we have? It was either that or stupid decision making that cost us 3 points Still can't believe Hendo missed that goal even though there was a bit of pressure coming his way but the one that has me gobsmacked was when Enrique decided to head the ball down to no one when it was easier to head it back across the keeper into the net. WTF was he thinking?

My heart broke again today but it seemed to hurt even more than usual.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6940 
      Reply #1000: Nov 29, 2012 10:22:15 am

I think the fact this topic made it to 1000 posts highlights the combinations of sheer frustration, disappointment and even anger for those of us who watched that game.

Still can't believe Hendo missed that goal even though there was a bit of pressure coming his way

He missed it because he is a shitbag.  Liverpool fans know when players aren't prepared to put it on the line - I can name you tons of proper players for Liverpool who would have smashed that in even if they ended up in a crumpled heap.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1001: Nov 29, 2012 10:23:25 am
      Ah Rafa discussions - always great. ;)

Think it was mentioned first last night about how he arrived and immediatly stopped them conceeding goals and think it was used to suggest how BR needs to adapt to his surroundings to get the best out of his player staff - ie adapt the system to fit the players we have as opposed to trying to put square pegs in round holes and fitting unsuited players into his system.

Think it is possibly a bit early for Rafa and Chelsea to be used as a pointer

That's precisely why I mentioned him mate, one or two just can't let him go. Judging by the ire of the Chelsea fans who were in the pub last night, my guess is Brendan will very soon indeed have a stalking horse in the shape of the Spaniard back on Merseyside.

As for me, I am mystified as to why people are so angry about last nights performance. We started slowly, were unlucky with the second goal but after that were the better side for long periods and could easily have got something out of the game. We lost 2-1, and suddenly the manager and all the players need lynching?

We're struglling to score goals, who would have thought it after we started the season with only two recognised strikers, one of who got injured straight away? Unbeliveable really. Therefore Gerrard is sh!t, Allen is sh!t, Glen Johnson is sh!t, Raheem Stirling is sh!t, the manager is sh!t and the world is sh!t.

Not for me, if we win on Saturday we'll climb a little more as other teams around us are playing each other. It takes more than a 2-1 defeat for me to panic, YNWA.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #1002: Nov 29, 2012 10:25:03 am
      Not seen it on tv but listened to it on the radio and seems like another game which sums us up at the moment (and for the last 18 months or so). Have a bad patch and get punished, play well for the majority of the game but then not ruthless enough in the final 3rd.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Re: LIVE: Spurs v Liverpool
      Reply #1003: Nov 29, 2012 10:33:35 am
      Quote from JD
      Pre Match Poll Locked.

58% gone for an LFC win.

No surprises really

Don't know where the optimism comes from. We won 1 in 9 games, and lost the last 6 games at Spurs, (5 of them in the league) stretching back to 2008. If our decent teams couldn't beat them, what chance one with Downing, Henderson etc? Tbh, I feared an avalanche after 15 minutes, and we scored our first goal against them in 2 solid years. Well we didn't score it, they scored it for us instead.

Still, Rodgers probably called the performance "fantastic" again, and that's part of the problem here. A growing acceptance of mediocrity over ambition.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #1004: Nov 29, 2012 10:39:47 am
      If we don't "accept" what we see currently what should we do about it

Accepting mediocrity is a term i hate

As supporters we can either support or not. At the end of the day we all accept what's happening - we may not be happy with what's going on and cry and bleat about our problems but we have no choice but to accept our current situation
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1005: Nov 29, 2012 10:50:52 am

He missed it because he is a shitbag.  Liverpool fans know when players aren't prepared to put it on the line - I can name you tons of proper players for Liverpool who would have smashed that in even if they ended up in a crumpled heap.

I've had enough of him myself mate, I don't think he's ever gonna make the Liverpool grade. He should have got his head to that Bale free kick and blocked it even if it did hit his face. At least we could have said he put his body on the line for the Club but he didn't want to muck up his hair.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1006: Nov 29, 2012 10:57:53 am
      The most disappointing thing about last night that apart for the first 20 minutes Spurs were apart from Dawson utter sh*te. Sterling is better on the left cutting in, it seemed that his role was to back up Glen when he pushed forward. I'm getting fed up with all this Benitez bollocks, in a peverse way the worse he does at Chelsea the more people will want him back, people need to accept that Rafa will NOT ever manage the club again.I know I'll get stick for saying it but people need to get over him and Torres. While I can't say we were great I though a draw would have been a fair result as even AVB admitted. Midfield needs to change, Shelvey needs to start as should Assaidi with Enrique at left back.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #1007: Nov 29, 2012 11:01:21 am
      we are in survival mode no question. i really hope the owners help us out in January.

love enrique and johnson. hope to see wisdom at RB next game, johnson LB enrique LW.
      canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #1008: Nov 29, 2012 11:24:32 am
      Its obvious from reading reports that certain players are just going through the motions game in and game out. Gerrad is past his best,downing should be dropped for good, Henderson is a liability.i am of the opinion also that all the money spent on transfers last year will come back to haunt us. As the owners will not motivated to spend large sums of money on overated players.It seems we have set our sightrs lower in  the transfer market ince at 5 mill,Sure we were undeated in 7 but draws hardly move us up the table, and averaging less than 1 goal a game is regulation football
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1009: Nov 29, 2012 11:27:29 am
      I don't think anyone was even talking about Rafa until Mick mentioned him. I can't see it anyway.

Though whilst we are on the subject, we gained nothing from his departure.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #1010: Nov 29, 2012 11:41:27 am
      I don't think anyone was even talking about Rafa until Mick mentioned him. I can't see it anyway.

Though whilst we are on the subject, we gained nothing from his departure.

He was mentioned last night.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1011: Nov 29, 2012 11:58:09 am
      I'll be brutally honest.
      I'd be made up to see Henderson and Downing gone in January.
      Bottling bas**rds the pair of them.

Given the owners have said they won't put their own money in,
      we are in a bit of a hole, squad wise, right now.

Games like this only serve to highlight the mess our squad is in.
      We can all agree that we need forwards in January, but F***ing Downing
      at left back...

I feel for Brendan at the moment. He is in a mess that isn't of his making.
      We desperately need investment in January, but will we get it?

Sad to say I get F**k all enjoyment out of watching the senior team right now.
      I see more talent at youth level.

Suarez can't continue to do it all on his own and we don't get the best out
      of Gerrard in this system. Frustrating for all concerned at the moment.

Quick Reply