Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Spurs 2-1 Liverpool - post match anger

Read 44999 times
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Re: Spurs 2-1 Liverpool - post match anger
      Reply #1012: Nov 29, 2012 12:37:32 pm
      He's become a goalscoring midfielder while he's been out then :f_tongueincheek:

:P Just think he can control a game much better than any other player we have, enabling us to play with just the one defensive mid
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #1013: Nov 29, 2012 12:38:57 pm
      :P Just think he can control a game much better than any other player we have, enabling us to play with just the one defensive mid

I do agree mate hence the tongue in cheek.

Lucas will make a big difference but the fact still remains we have no one who looks remotely like scoring a goal if Luis doesn't.

Lucas might solve some problems but will not solve all of them.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1014: Nov 29, 2012 12:48:00 pm
      I do agree mate hence the tongue in cheek.

Lucas will make a big difference but the fact still remains we have no one who looks remotely like scoring a goal if Luis doesn't.

Lucas might solve some problems but will not solve all of them.

There's also too much emphasis being placed on his come back, he's sustained 2 bad injuries, to come back anywhere near his top level would be asking way too much.

January has to solve our goalscoring problems but honestly it's the centre of midfield that worries me the most. Yes Lucas will solve one position in time but ahead of that nobody fills me with any confidence, yet Brendan thinks they were fantastic. I'm actually very worried for the weekend, a poor result there and we are right in the sh*t.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #1015: Nov 29, 2012 12:50:54 pm
      There's also too much emphasis being placed on his come back, he's sustained 2 bad injuries, to come back anywhere near his top level would be asking way too much.

January has to solve our goalscoring problems but honestly it's the centre of midfield that worries me the most. Yes Lucas will solve one position in time but ahead of that nobody fills me with any confidence, yet Brendan thinks they were fantastic. I'm actually very worried for the weekend, a poor result there and we are right in the sh*t.

Agree on the comeback as Lucas might take 4-5 games to get back up to speed and also we know what happened the last time he came back.

I also have major worries with CM and I can't believe Brendan thinks they were fantastic. I hope it is just him 'protecting' his players because if he really thinks the midfield has been anything other than dreadful over the last couple of games then we are in trouble.
      Fourbrick3
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 131 posts |
      Reply #1016: Nov 29, 2012 01:09:17 pm
      Saw something last night which I don't remember seeing before- a forward pass more than four yards from Joe Allen. Seems to me that he isn't showing the promise  that Brandan said he had.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1017: Nov 29, 2012 01:43:17 pm
      What a difference it makes being signed by a former legend or a new manager... last season it was all blaming the "Sky Generation" for their critics on the likes of Henderson, now we're dismissing Joe Allen and Fabio Borini in November... though their situations are pretty much the same (young guys, new at a big club), the treatment is quite different... not to mention Allen has actually played well for us more times than our player with most league appearances last season Henderson.

I have big doubts about Borini by the way (not worried about Allen), but it's just ridiculously soon...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #1018: Nov 29, 2012 01:52:43 pm
      Is there no MOTM poll becasue the mods feel no one deserves it or just an oversight.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1019: Nov 29, 2012 01:56:25 pm
      It doesnt feel any better today really.
      Brendan needs to impose himself on the squad and on the owners.He is a really nice guy but he needs to get on with his job of getting us back up in the CL spots and challenging for trophies yes even the Carling Cup or whatever its called.
      If he hasn't got a big transfer budget for January he has to start dropping players who do not perform regardless of their status in the club. What is interesting is the adulation Stevie got from the likes of Neil Mellor and the manager but he got untold stick from this site.
      Get the kids in.Talk today of resigning Tom Ince for £6mil yet another master stroke buy whoever looks after the transfer kitty.(Ian Ayres).
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #1020: Nov 29, 2012 02:00:24 pm
      If he hasn't got a big transfer budget for January he has to start dropping players who do not perform regardless of their status in the club. What is interesting is the adulation Stevie got from the likes of Neil Mellor and the manager but he got untold stick from this site.

Agree with him imposing himself on the squad Walton as it's something I really thought he would do when I first seen him at the press conference. He seemed to have an aura of someone who was ready to get stuck in and show the lads who is boss.

Agree also that it doesn't feel any better today and I'm still unsure why this game, along with Sunday's has hit me so hard.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #1021: Nov 29, 2012 02:03:21 pm
      Getting Ince back would be a good deal - talented wide player with a great future ahead of him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1022: Nov 29, 2012 02:04:22 pm
      Agree with him imposing himself on the squad Walton as it's something I really thought he would do when I first seen him at the press conference. He seemed to have an aura of someone who was ready to get stuck in and show the lads who is boss.

Agree also that it doesn't feel any better today and I'm still unsure why this game, along with Sunday's has hit me so hard.
      i think its because a win even though a difficult ask .have given us hope that come the new year we could with some additions climb the table.It seems that dream has gone and the way we are picking up points at the moment we will struggle to get top half.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1023: Nov 29, 2012 02:11:36 pm
      Getting Ince back would be a good deal - talented wide player with a great future ahead of him.

I like Tom Ince as well, I never watched much of him when he was in our youth setup but he's doing great for Blackpool, not your typical championship winger (cross, cross, cross, look later), he's actually scoring for fun this season

It was probably a big mistake to let him go
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1024: Nov 29, 2012 02:12:33 pm
      Is there no MOTM poll becasue the mods feel no one deserves it or just an oversight.

Em,... I was wondering the same thing.  ???
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1025: Nov 29, 2012 02:14:53 pm
      I like Tom Ince as well, I never watched much of him when he was in our youth setup but he's doing great for Blackpool, not your typical championship winger (cross, cross, cross, look later), he's actually scoring for fun this season

His Dad Paul wanted Liverpool to offer him a decent contract but as usual we baulked and dithered and he went to Blackpool.Whats the odds if we get him back firstly we will pay £6mil but we will have to offer him even more than he would have been looking for some short time ago.
      Its another example of how poorly the club is being run off the field.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #1026: Nov 29, 2012 02:17:42 pm

Agree - letting him go was a little sweetner for Blackpool to allow the Adam deal.

It was poor - same with letting both Kacnaklic and Dalla Valle go to Fulham.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1027: Nov 29, 2012 02:27:36 pm
      F**k your pathetic lad you moan and bi*ch about people constantly talking about Rafa yet you rub your hands with glee every time his name is mentioned, and are quick to be drawn into any discussion and argument about him. Take your own advice and let it go.

Rightyo we have heard it you own a pub and have a few Chelsea mate doesn't qualify you as any sort of expert on all things Chelsea.

Manage a pub fella not own, if I owned this I'd be a millionaire. I don't claim to be an expert on Chelsea or anything else either, so behave yourself. 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1028: Nov 29, 2012 02:37:59 pm
      Manage a pub fella not own, if I owned this I'd be a millionaire.

No sh*t, £4.50 for a pint of Carling if I remember rightly.

Nice pint though ;)
      sandale
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #1029: Nov 29, 2012 02:38:58 pm
      Fair result, in my opinion! Liverpool were nowhere close to equalizing! After the game I just wanted to  :mad:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1030: Nov 29, 2012 02:40:36 pm
      No sh*t, £4.50 for a pint of Carling if I remember rightly.

Nice pint though ;)

You still down Monday night Dave?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #1031: Nov 29, 2012 02:41:39 pm

Like so many decisions recently on paper it did seem like a very short term judgement, usually the case when the vast majority of suporters disagree with a decision from up high.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #1032: Nov 29, 2012 02:42:56 pm
      Fair result, in my opinion! Liverpool were nowhere close to equalizing! After the game I just wanted to  :mad:

:hug: http://www.nshn.co.uk/ :hug:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #1033: Nov 29, 2012 02:44:53 pm

You still down Monday night Dave?

I am but still not booked in anywhere, was contemplating driving back the same night but I think i'll be booking in somehwhere tomorrow.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1034: Nov 29, 2012 02:51:21 pm
      I am but still not booked in anywhere, was contemplating driving back the same night but I think i'll be booking in somehwhere tomorrow.

Sorry mods for some reason I can't get the DM function to work.

Dave I've got a staff room empty monday if you can't get anywhere else. They're a bit sh!t, but if it's just somewhere to get your nut down you're welcome to it. No offence at all tho mate if you book in somewhere else.

Quick Reply