Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Spurs 2-1 Liverpool - post match anger

Read 44982 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Spurs 2-1 Liverpool - post match anger
      Reply #1035: Nov 29, 2012 02:54:46 pm
      Agree with him imposing himself on the squad Walton as it's something I really thought he would do when I first seen him at the press conference. He seemed to have an aura of someone who was ready to get stuck in and show the lads who is boss.

Agree also that it doesn't feel any better today and I'm still unsure why this game, along with Sunday's has hit me so hard.

Yes this game hit me hard because the game against Wigan we won, if we had continued with the form and start collecting points we would be nearer to 4th spot comes end of Dec, but the draw against Swansea and lost against Spurs suggests that we're drfiting further from 4th spot. Heart tells me that we can get 4th spot but brain tells me that we're drifting further away and will not.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1036: Nov 29, 2012 03:26:45 pm
      Spurs 2-1 Liverpool - post match anger immaturity.

If we get a win on Sunday, we'll be back to being on a roll hopefully. Spurs aren't a bigger club than we are, but they've finished ahead of us the past few seasons and seem to always have our number. They've become our bogey team as has White Heart Lane.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #1037: Nov 29, 2012 03:28:20 pm
      BR is not playing players in their right positions and playing Downing left back cost us dear he watched Lennon go past to put the ball in an empty net, you run the risk of goals like that by playing players out of their natural environment, we have Flanagan and Robertson who can play their so why is he not using them, it's not all bad news, Enrique looks quite at home playing in a forward position and he has a steel about him he deserved more from the game against Spurs but even Rogers had to move him back to his full back position to bring on a forward player Shelvey for Henderson gave us added strength as Shelvey is not afraid to get in where it hurts and  get in the box and take a chance, I would play him ahead of Henderson because of just that, one last thing what has happened to Lucas last week he played for the reserves and I expected him on the bench soon and yet nothing? is he injured again because that would be a kick in the teeth for him and us.
      seacol
      • Forum John Toshack

• 266 posts |
      Reply #1038: Nov 29, 2012 03:36:58 pm
      BR should take a note from Ronnies Whelans post match assessment.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,481 posts | 1487 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1039: Nov 29, 2012 03:43:02 pm
      Spurs 2-1 Liverpool - post match anger immaturity.

If we get a win on Sunday, we'll be back to being on a roll hopefully. Spurs aren't a bigger club than we are, but they've finished ahead of us the past few seasons and seem to always have our number. They've become our bogey team as has White Heart Lane.
      Along with Stoke, Swansea City, and a few others.

You have to be a title winning side or be one of the consistent top three teams to have a bogey team, like ours was Utd and Notts Forest when we were winning everything in sight, inlcuding the Oxford/Cambridge boat race :D To put it into perspective, we have become a bogey team for others.

And it's not immature to question the sudden turn around concerning Downing and Henderson, and dropping of Suso, Sahin and Shelvey, when they've done a lot better than the former players mentioned.

If that's immature, then it's my ball and I'm going home with it!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #1040: Nov 29, 2012 03:46:35 pm
      And it's not immature to question the sudden turn around concerning Downing and Henderson, and dropping of Suso, Sahin and Shelvey, when they've done a lot better than the former players mentioned.

If that's immature, then it's my ball and I'm going home with it!

Plenty of knee-jerks during and after the match right away. It's why I usually avoid match threads until a few hours after.

It's ironic though, all the people slagging of Sahin when he plays, then when he doesn't, complain he wasn't selected :laugh: I think that's because a lot of supporters don't quite grasp his playing style and ability, his strengths, etc.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,481 posts | 1487 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1041: Nov 29, 2012 03:55:01 pm
      I think Sahin on his worse day is better than Downing and Hendo on their best.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #1042: Nov 29, 2012 04:02:45 pm
      I think Sahin on his worse day is better than Downing and Hendo on their best.

Sahin on his worst day is better than both combined.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1043: Nov 29, 2012 04:05:46 pm
      Sahin on his worst day is better than both combined.

Agreed. I said the same in this thread during the match

Sahin is so far from his best at the moment but still scored 3 goals this season and made 3 assists.

It's not much but when a team has players like Downing and Henderson, to whom every single goal/assist is like a f***in annual event, it does mean a lot.

I think Sahin deserves more time, at his worst he's still better than a lot of our players and with time he has the potential to become a key player
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1044: Nov 29, 2012 04:13:17 pm
      BR is not playing players in their right positions and playing Downing left back cost us dear he watched Lennon go past to put the ball in an empty net, you run the risk of goals like that by playing players out of their natural environment, we have Flanagan and Robertson who can play their so why is he not using them, it's not all bad news, Enrique looks quite at home playing in a forward position and he has a steel about him he deserved more from the game against Spurs but even Rogers had to move him back to his full back position to bring on a forward player Shelvey for Henderson gave us added strength as Shelvey is not afraid to get in where it hurts and  get in the box and take a chance, I would play him ahead of Henderson because of just that, one last thing what has happened to Lucas last week he played for the reserves and I expected him on the bench soon and yet nothing? is he injured again because that would be a kick in the teeth for him and us.

Lucas is expected to feature in the squad this weekend against Southampton.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #1045: Nov 29, 2012 04:34:49 pm
      Why play Downing & Henderson at all?
      They both look like fish out of water on the pitch, and don't contribute at all, how many times does Henderson have to miss an open goal for Rodgers to drop him?

Sell them both to the highest bidder in January, and use the likes of Shelvey, Lucas (when he's back) Sahin, etc!
      I had high hopes for this game.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #1046: Nov 29, 2012 05:11:09 pm
      Henderson has been mis-managed since he arrived here firstly being employed at RM then RB and rarely in CM. Then once BR came in he wanted him out on loan. All this must of knocked his confidence. I just get a feeling that it could all turn around with one goal or half decent assist.

Downing is looking more of a lost cause for me every time i see him and i'm sick of screaming at the TV "RUN AT HIM!!!" and then a few moments later "Massive tirade about how useless he is"
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #1047: Nov 29, 2012 05:16:33 pm
      Henderson has been mis-managed since he arrived here firstly being employed at RM then RB and rarely in CM. Then once BR came in he wanted him out on loan. All this must of knocked his confidence. I just get a feeling that it could all turn around with one goal or half decent assist.

Downing is looking more of a lost cause for me every time i see him and i'm sick of screaming at the TV "RUN AT HIM!!!" and then a few moments later "Massive tirade about how useless he is"

i think he wanted to sell him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #1048: Nov 29, 2012 05:23:21 pm
      His Dad Paul wanted Liverpool to offer him a decent contract but as usual we baulked and dithered and he went to Blackpool.Whats the odds if we get him back firstly we will pay £6mil but we will have to offer him even more than he would have been looking for some short time ago.
      Its another example of how poorly the club is being run off the field.

I believe we get part of the sale monies so we would in effect be getting him a bit cheaper than another club.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1049: Nov 29, 2012 05:30:33 pm
      I believe we get part of the sale monies so we would in effect be getting him a bit cheaper than another club.
      We still will have to pay £4million its like paying west ham to take Andy Carrol back off loan another disaster in managment of the clubs finances.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1050: Nov 29, 2012 05:32:04 pm

Would have been cheaper if the club offered him a deal he wanted before being farmed out.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #1051: Nov 29, 2012 05:35:13 pm
      Would have been cheaper if the club offered him a deal he wanted before being farmed out.

What about the first team football he wanted ?

It wasn't just a new contract he wanted.

Oh and it was Kennys choice to let him go to Blackpool to allow Adam to come to us.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1052: Nov 29, 2012 05:35:17 pm
      Not only will we pay £4mil for him but we will probably pay him a lot more for his copntract than he wanted.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1053: Nov 29, 2012 07:42:03 pm
      Bale was on fire for 30 minutes last night, and caused us all sorts of problems which combined with a slow start and less than clinical finishing cost us points.

We weren't sh*t, just slow off the mark, and we really should have expected them to throw everything at us.

We had a couple of dodgy decisions go against us, but it was the slow start that had us fu**ed.

I can't get my head around the fact that refs let defenders butcher our players, but when one of ours breathes in the general direction of a defender they get a foul given.

thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 28 
      Reply #1054: Nov 29, 2012 08:03:56 pm
      I can't get my head around the fact that refs let defenders butcher our players, but when one of ours breathes in the general direction of a defender they get a foul given.
      Don't forget that Suarez could easily have been sent off against Everton and Wigan
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1055: Nov 29, 2012 09:20:18 pm
      Lucas is expected to feature in the squad this weekend against Southampton.
      Things must be bad when Brendan is including George in trhe squad,Oh sorry mate I have just realised its our Brazillian midfielder you are writing about.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1056: Nov 29, 2012 10:08:51 pm
      Things must be bad when Brendan is including George in trhe squad,Oh sorry mate I have just realised its our Brazillian midfielder you are writing about.
      You probably remember when we had Spurs in our pockets for over 50 years Billy now we are their bi*ch/
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #1057: Nov 30, 2012 02:21:32 am
      Anyone worked out yet why we wearing black last night and it can't be that bollocks to do with the ref wearing red?

Quick Reply