Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Steven Gerrard
      5 (4.1%)
      Jose Enrique
      43 (35%)
      Glen Johnson
      9 (7.3%)
      Lucas Leiva
      46 (37.4%)
      Luis Suarez
      4 (3.3%)
      Daniel Agger
      15 (12.2%)
      Jonjo Shelvey
      1 (0.8%)
      Someone else
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Voting closed: Dec 05, 2012 04:55:16 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Southampton: In game and Post Match debates

Read 43195 times
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,313 posts | 1007 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Southampton: In game and Post Match debates
      Reply #506: Dec 01, 2012 08:01:42 pm
      That was so much better. Feels good winning and performing like that. So many positives to take.

What a difference a Lucas Leiva makes.

Wouldn't it be great if Werner and Henry looked at that today and realised what a clinical top notch striker would add to this team and thought 'You know what? F**k it!! Lets go out and and bust our bollocks and splash 20 million odd quid on a top, top out and out goalscorer'.

Lets keep it going!

Yes ,Yes , Yes !!!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,295 posts | 764 
      Reply #507: Dec 01, 2012 08:06:47 pm
      A relief to chalk up a home win, great to see Lucas back in the side. hopeful for a few more wins before 2012 is out.
      sandale
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #508: Dec 01, 2012 08:30:18 pm
      We showed a really good football today! Especially in the first half! Glad to see Lucas back, he makes a huge impact on team's performance, in my opinion!

However, I give the man of the match to Agger! Although the team played well (Enrique and Suarez have to be outlined), without Agger's goal we'd have had another disappointing draw :D
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #509: Dec 01, 2012 08:53:07 pm

Hallelujah Brother Hallelujah...Jose  Jose Jose reinvented or what?Not happy that Jonjo not recieving plaudits.I feel this lad is such a talent (maybe not the finished article yet)but he is still very young.Glen Johnson (tough call )was my mom today.Nice to see Stevie nearing his "old self"I have it on good authority from bla de bla's mate etc,that He (Stevie) is reluctant to volley the ball like he used to.The reason being its that that has been the main cause of his groin problems.Anyway not many pages (cos we won)as per usual.Well done Redmen.

IBRWT.
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #510: Dec 01, 2012 09:01:18 pm
      What a difference Lucas makes. The midfield was completely transformed and it was a breath of fresh air to see Gerrard and Allen getting farther forward.

Unfortunately Lucas' presence couldn't fix the problem that we've had for awhile now - we just don't score enough goals. Though I think we all knew that would be an issue this season. At least now we can see what a more effective midfield can do and then let the transfer window try to solve the rest.

I voted Agger for MOTM because he got the crucial goal and was a beast in defense. He, Lucas and Skrtel are something special as a unit.

Also bit props for Enrique. The guy runs his heart out and is always trying to have an impact. Love it.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #511: Dec 01, 2012 09:06:49 pm
      Jose Enrique for like the 4th consecutive week MOTM; what a turnaround he has made.

Happy for the win, a bit disappointed in not scoring more.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #512: Dec 01, 2012 09:16:28 pm
      We battered them everywhere today except the scoreboard. Should have smashed them 10 nil at least, wouldn't that have been nice?

As nice as it would have been, it didn't happened but we came away with the 3 points which we thoroughly needed and deserved.

Got to admit that was the worst crowd I've seen in a quite a while. Normally the Kop at least try to get things going but I never heard boo from them all night. Only heard those fuckers singing their songs.

Glad Danny Agger finally got a goal been a while, nice one D'Agger. Great to see Lucas back, what a differnce he makes and for Stevie to play his best game in a while, no coincidence there.

Really just have to concentrate on our finishing and cutting out those stupid f**king missed passes that we keep doing. F***ing doing my nut in. Fix those two issues and we are well on our way to getting back into the top 4.
      PG LFC
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      • JFT96
      Reply #513: Dec 01, 2012 09:58:31 pm
      Was in the Paddock today, must say Agger took his goal well :) I thought at times we played some lovely stuff, but just missing that final push in the last 1/3rd, not really sure why Hendo keeps getting an outing, not seeing enough positives from him, but Suarez and Enrique were alive from start to finish deffo need more bodies in the box when attacking though.. :) good 3 pts
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #514: Dec 01, 2012 11:37:45 pm
      Pissed and still buzzing

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #515: Dec 01, 2012 11:41:23 pm
      The amount of chat in a post match thread after we have won compared to one when we have lost never ceases to amaze me.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #516: Dec 01, 2012 11:46:32 pm
      The amount of chat in a post match thread after we have won compared to one when we have lost never ceases to amaze me.

Me neither. I just don't get it.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #517: Dec 02, 2012 12:00:27 am
      Some people only come on here to moan and wind others up.

Either way, they're not worth the pixels they use.
      DanMann

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #518: Dec 02, 2012 12:14:27 am
      Waited all afternoon and evening to watch match of the day - not knowing the score - and it was a drab 1-0.

Lots of woodwork and silly decisions again. I mean, what do we have to do to get a penalty??? Man U picked up another soft one today. It's a joke.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #519: Dec 02, 2012 12:14:49 am

I do. When we lose it winds me right up and I love to have a moan on here all night and vent the frustration. When we win it's amazing. Gives you such a lift and the last thing you want to be doing is sitting around on here all night.
      solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #520: Dec 02, 2012 12:15:29 am
      The vote goes to the goal scorer for me.
      solodee

• 6,035 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #521: Dec 02, 2012 12:18:40 am

Joy and Pain, like sunshine and rain.
      Sunshine calls for the great outdoor.......
      Rain? and everyone stays indoor bitching about it...

Voila
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #522: Dec 02, 2012 12:20:02 am
      Only seen the hightlights on MOTD so cant really comment on MOM but good win by all accounts it should have been a lot more!

Great to see Lucas getting 88mins under his belt, really think his return will have a massive benefit for both Joe and Stevie in the middle.

Take Luis to Udinese in the week but big question who is going to play up top next Sunday?
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #523: Dec 02, 2012 01:15:20 am
      Totaly deserved the 3 points! Lucas makes a massive difference. I thought Allen was much better compared to the last few weeks and Luis is just such a fantastic player. His yellow card means we'll be without a striker next game though?
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #524: Dec 02, 2012 01:50:46 am
      From what I saw Joe Allen really came alive with the support of Lucas . Just happy to.have him back .
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #525: Dec 02, 2012 06:32:03 am
      Jose Enrique for like the 4th consecutive week MOTM; what a turnaround he has made.

Happy for the win, a bit disappointed in not scoring more.

Not seen the game yet know what ya mean though.. I had to endure united against reading (actually a mental game).. Tactically they were weak out of shape completely form etc but like I said to my friend they always invest in goals whoever it may be they will score.. I don't wanna be united not one bit but if a chance falls who do you want bagging the goal..  we are doing the work we just don't have they extra quality up top to finish  the game.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #526: Dec 02, 2012 06:32:55 am
      Lucas back makes me so happy :)
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #527: Dec 02, 2012 06:34:27 am
      Waited all afternoon and evening to watch match of the day - not knowing the score - and it was a drab 1-0.

Lots of woodwork and silly decisions again. I mean, what do we have to do to get a penalty??? Man U picked up another soft one today. It's a joke.

They also scored a clear goal that was disallowed..
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts | 60 
      Reply #528: Dec 02, 2012 07:20:00 am
      Good win, went for Enrique motm,such a strong player,should have scored more,but so what,a win is a win,and hopefully the owners will give BR some funds so we can get a proven goalscorer in Jan.

Quick Reply