Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

What Do You Look Like?

Read 282299 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: What Do You Look Like?
      Reply #3174: Jan 17, 2019 09:02:11 am
      10 year challenge all over twitter. Coincides with lots of folk on here talking about quitting smokes, starting keep fit, stopping drinking etc. etc.

Thought I'd share mine here. As a vain b***ard it's really hard to look at the first one. 10 years ago I was a bit lost - working hard, earning well but just surviving in life. I don't know honestly if I'd have still been here unless I kicked myself up the arse.

Now I'm content, happier and healthier. Little changes become big changes if they're sustained and you don't have to give up on having fun and letting go.......just get a bit more structure overall.

Anyways good luck to anybody who wants to make a change - you CAN do it and it is WORTH it.

+10
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3175: Jan 17, 2019 10:55:20 am
      10 year challenge all over twitter. Coincides with lots of folk on here talking about quitting smokes, starting keep fit, stopping drinking etc. etc.

Thought I'd share mine here. As a vain b***ard it's really hard to look at the first one. 10 years ago I was a bit lost - working hard, earning well but just surviving in life. I don't know honestly if I'd have still been here unless I kicked myself up the arse.

Now I'm content, happier and healthier. Little changes become big changes if they're sustained and you don't have to give up on having fun and letting go.......just get a bit more structure overall.

Anyways good luck to anybody who wants to make a change - you CAN do it and it is WORTH it.

Hey...who's the big guy drinking budweiser in that first picture? Can't be you..... ;)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #3176: Jan 17, 2019 11:07:48 am
      Hey...who's the big guy drinking budweiser in that first picture? Can't be you..... ;)

I think you mean “.....big guy drinking ALL the Budweiser in the Highlands AGAIN that night....”

Like I say - more than a little lost for 5/6 years. Buried my parents and sis in a half dozen years and - looking back - I had a somewhat “fatalistic” outlook.

Pretty shitty considering I have two fantastic kids and a beautiful wife that deserved a lot more......but also proof if I can do it any daft pr**k can 😉
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3177: Jan 17, 2019 11:42:32 am
      I think you mean “.....big guy drinking ALL the Budweiser in the Highlands AGAIN that night....”

Like I say - more than a little lost for 5/6 years. Buried my parents and sis in a half dozen years and - looking back - I had a somewhat “fatalistic” outlook.

Pretty shitty considering I have two fantastic kids and a beautiful wife that deserved a lot more......but also proof if I can do it any daft pr**k can 😉

My condolences........for drinking Budweiser :D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #3178: Jan 17, 2019 11:48:46 am
      My condolences........for drinking Budweiser :D

Agreed! My big (little) bro’s choice - he’s in left in first one.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #3179: Jan 17, 2019 12:14:52 pm
      Nice one Al.

Must see if I can dig out the picture of me about 10 years ago, right fat b***ard I was.

Although after 7/8 years of partying I dropped about 5/6 stone. Now I'm rapidly putting it back on again after giving up the partying lifestyle early last year, hence the notion of getting properly fit for the first time since I was about 16.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3180: Jan 17, 2019 12:34:03 pm

Looking good kiddo.. 😘
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #3181: Jan 17, 2019 12:35:20 pm
      Nice one Al.

Must see if I can dig out the picture of me about 10 years ago, right fat b***ard I was.

Although after 7/8 years of partying I dropped about 5/6 stone. Now I'm rapidly putting it back on again after giving up the partying lifestyle early last year, hence the notion of getting properly fit for the first time since I was about 16.

Thanks Higgy.

I was pretty comfortable with who I was in my 20s and early 30s but had just lost my way.

Doing more and more eating and drinking to reward myself for working hard. Key for me was realising that I could do less instead of more and be happier.

Work to live not live to work..... 
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #3182: Jan 17, 2019 12:35:55 pm

Nice one sweet cheeks 😜

Quick Reply