Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)

Read 117442 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Re: Jordon Ibe
      Reply #414: Apr 29, 2015 01:11:24 pm
      play him upfront with borini or markovich v QPR nothing to play for so might as well test out a few things in a live season. if we are lucky we dont get a Europa spot
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #415: May 03, 2015 12:02:43 am
      I think in 2 years Ibe will be a better player than Sterling.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #416: May 05, 2015 12:38:03 pm
      I think in 2 years Ibe will be a better player than Sterling.
      i think by next season the worlds press will be talking about him in the same light as Sterling, lets hope we can keep him away from it and not let him do so many interviews and especially none without the clubs permission like other players have done this season.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,518 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #417: May 10, 2015 12:06:21 am
      "Agents? I'd sooner let my parents sort all that"

Young Reds winger on why he doesn't believe in agents, and never has:

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/agents-id-sooner-parents-sort-9219639

I like the lad
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #418: May 10, 2015 12:20:24 am

I like the lad

Good lad
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #419: May 10, 2015 10:41:25 am
      He is a breath of fresh air and he is absolutely right. The only people you can trust 100% to have your best interests at heart are your family and nobody will ever look after you better than your mother.

Agents are slimy leeches, always on the look out for their clients next big pay day so they can cream off more commission. I'm also a firm believer that a lot of players use agents to hide behind. If you are good enough at your job then the work will always come to you, you won't need anybody to find it for you.

Well in Jordan, a credit to today's youth. Saw a similar interview with Fabian Delph the other week and he was just as humble and appreciative of his parents role in his development as Jordan has been.

Well done both.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #420: May 10, 2015 07:40:02 pm

I like the lad

Great attitude.

Take note Raheem.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #421: May 11, 2015 02:57:27 am
      Lift your head up lad.

Reminded me of Babel.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #422: May 13, 2015 08:20:42 am
      Reports today suggesting he's stalling on a new 25k a week contract. Just because he doesn't work with an agent, doesn't mean he's not going to want more money. If sterling is being offered 100k sure this lad deserves more than 25? Either way get the contract sorted quickly for once please!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #423: May 13, 2015 09:14:12 am
      Reports today suggesting he's stalling on a new 25k a week contract. Just because he doesn't work with an agent, doesn't mean he's not going to want more money. If sterling is being offered 100k sure this lad deserves more than 25? Either way get the contract sorted quickly for once please!

I dont blame him, if Markovic is on reported £40K then that should be the starting point.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #424: May 13, 2015 09:29:20 am
      I'd like to see him contribute a few more goals and assists before offering him more than what Sterling is currently on.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,537 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #425: May 13, 2015 09:45:08 am
      He is a lot of appearances behind Sterling though, that will count towards the salary.

£30-40k is probably what it will end up, till hsi new deal, there is goals and apperance bonuses in there too.

ffs. wish I got offered £25k a year let alone a week at his age.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #426: May 13, 2015 09:53:54 am
      The point here is that players talk to each other, see how each other are handled and make judgements from there. Raheem was in a similar situation to Jordan 18 months or so ago and signed for 30K a week. Now we're talking about NOT releasing him from that contract should he refuse to sign another, and NOT countenancing a sale either. I actually agree with our stance (not that I think we'll actually stick to it), but Ibe is probably thinking "hang on a second here, do I want to get tied down in a similar fashion?".   

The answer is to sign the player on a sensible, reasonable and equitable contract in the first place, ie somewhere near what he would get if he were to put himself on the market. I know it makes the money men feel all clever and pat each other on the back when they persuade a young player to sign for less than they could have held out for, but you are simply storing up problems for the future. We should have put Sterling on double what he is currently on when he first signed, and we should be offering Ibe double what we are currently offering him as well. there should also be a clause based on appearances where his money goes up, and sharpish.

Next it'll be Phillipe Coutinho. "Weren't we clever" for getting him to sign a contract for 70K per week? Yes we were, that is until he talks to Oscar, Ramirez and the like when he's on international duty and thinks "F*** this for a game", then he'll be off as well. The answer is to give his agent a ring today and tell him we've decided to put his money up by 60% in light of his nomination for PFA player of the year. If you want to keep players that's what you do (that would cost 2 million quid per season BTW, not bad value if you ask me). If you're not actually bothered about keeping players and want a ready made conveyor belt of potential sales, you do things the way we do them. We shouldn't really blame players for not playing the game the way our owners decree it should be played.   
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #427: May 13, 2015 10:02:57 am
      The point here is that players talk to each other, see how each other are handled and make judgements from there. Raheem was in a similar situation to Jordan 18 months or so ago and signed for 30K a week. Now we're talking about NOT releasing him from that contract should he refuse to sign another, and NOT countenancing a sale either. I actually agree with our stance (not that I think we'll actually stick to it), but Ibe is probably thinking "hang on a second here, do I want to get tied down in a similar fashion?".   

The answer is to sign the player on a sensible, reasonable and equitable contract in the first place, ie somewhere near what he would get if he were to put himself on the market. I know it makes the money men feel all clever and pat each other on the back when they persuade a young player to sign for less than they could have held out for, but you are simply storing up problems for the future. We should have put Sterling on double what he is currently on when he first signed, and we should be offering Ibe double what we are currently offering him as well. there should also be a clause based on appearances where his money goes up, and sharpish.

Next it'll be Phillipe Coutinho. "Weren't we clever" for getting him to sign a contract for 70K per week? Yes we were, that is until he talks to Oscar, Ramirez and the like when he's on international duty and thinks "F*** this for a game", then he'll be off as well. The answer is to give his agent a ring today and tell him we've decided to put his money up by 60% in light of his nomination for PFA player of the year. If you want to keep players that's what you do (that would cost 2 million quid per season BTW, not bad value if you ask me). If you're not actually bothered about keeping players and want a ready made conveyor belt of potential sales, you do things the way we do them. We shouldn't really blame players for not playing the game the way our owners decree it should be played.   

You think Ibe should be getting offered 50k? I think he should produce more on the pitch before an offer like that comes in. I honestly think you're looking far too much into some of this, especially the Coutinho bit. Why offer money just for the sake of it? Offering Coutinho that much more would cost 2m per season but the way you're talking, there's another 20+ people in the squad who will want the same treatment.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,336 posts | 6386 
      Reply #428: May 13, 2015 12:31:08 pm
      Ibe wouldn't get 50k a week from another club. However, I think we need to get him signed as we do Sterling because the both of them on the wings will absolutely terrorize opposing defenses. Don't get robbed, but don't be cheapskates.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #429: May 13, 2015 12:37:54 pm
      Ibe wouldn't get 50k a week from another club. However, I think we need to get him signed as we do Sterling because the both of them on the wings will absolutely terrorize opposing defenses. Don't get robbed, but don't be cheapskates.

I think a deal of 25k a week and then an extra 10k in incentives would be fair. Seems crazy to offer so much to a young lad that hasn't contributed any goals or assists like Sterling had when he got offered his 35k a contract last year.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #430: May 13, 2015 11:19:25 pm
      Times saying he will sign a 30k a week, 5 year contract very soon.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #431: May 13, 2015 11:24:38 pm

Good lad. Head well screwed on.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #432: May 14, 2015 02:11:20 am

Seems like a fair contract all around.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #433: May 15, 2015 01:53:19 pm
      seems more down to earth than others having family sort out his contracts rather than greedy agents wanting big cuts. i have high hopes for him next season as i think he will be a starter, markovich has his work cut out to get back in the side
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #434: May 21, 2015 05:05:29 pm
      Signed up to a new deal today as well

Well in lad.. Still stuff to learn but there's a player there
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,336 posts | 6386 
      Reply #435: May 21, 2015 05:43:12 pm
      Signed up to a new deal today as well

Well in lad.. Still stuff to learn but there's a player there

Yep. Make us forget about Sterling young man!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #436: May 21, 2015 06:14:54 pm
      Yep. Make us forget about Sterling young man!
      I think he will as well , would have been nice to have the two , but hey thats life .

Quick Reply