Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)

Read 117528 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Re: Jordon Ibe
      Reply #483: Jul 03, 2015 02:27:21 pm
      Staying to do more training doesn't automatically mean he's better than others in that position. He needs to start scoring or he may find himself on the outside looking in.
      Which is likely why he stayed behind to do more training.
       Revealed: details of Liverpool FC youngster Jordon Ibe's extra training - with Kenny Dalglish

18:08, 10 June 2015
          By Andy Kelly

Young Reds star gives up holidays to improve his game with King Kenny

The Liverpool FC generations crossed at the club’s Kirkby Academy after the 19-year-old – who should currently be on holiday – asked the club’s Academy director Alex Inglethorpe to help arrange some extra sessions to work on his finishing.

One chance conversation between Dalglish and Inglethorpe later led to the extra training session as Dalglish got straight off a plane today to help out the promising young winger.

Inglethorpe told the ECHO: “Kenny Dalglish came in this morning and worked with Jordon Ibe and myself on a little bit of finishing. Kenny literally just got off a plane and came straight here.

“This is driven by Jordon. He’s the one who wanted to come in and do a bit more. He’s the one who wanted to work on a few things.

“It’s incredible really. By chance I was just speaking to Kenny about something else. He landed at the airport at 10am and he was in here at 10.30am with his kit on and the boots on.

“He was working with Jordon, passing some fantastic pieces of advice as you’d expect. There were four or five of the U16s as well. What a day for an U16 – working with Kenny Dalglish, Jordon Ibe, on a beautiful sunny day, doing some good work.”

Jordon Ibe of Liverpool poses for a photograph after signing a new contract extensionon May 21, 2015 (Photo by Andrew Powell/Liverpool FC via Getty Images)
      Jordon Ibe of Liverpool poses for a photograph after signing a new contract extensionon May 21, 2015 (Photo by Andrew Powell/Liverpool FC via Getty Images)

It was a breakthrough year for Ibe in the Liverpool first team after being recalled from a productive spell on loan at Derby. His 14 appearances would have been many more except for a knee injury against Besiktas which broke his momentum.

But Inglethorpe said the player himself – who recently signed a new long-term deal at Anfield – knows there is still lots of improvement to find.

“He’s looking to add to his game for sure, it’s very much driven by him, he’s turned up the last three or four days and I’d anticipate we’ll work again. He’s actually on his holidays but he wants to improve and get a bit better.

“He’s a really good lad and I think he recognises this is the beginning of his journey and he’s far from being complete. He’s still got a lot to do and a lot to work on, and it’s nice to know he sees that himself.

“It’s great to have a player who drives his own development.”

I think he has great potential but if people like Lallana and Markovic score more than him then they should start more. We can't get sentimental.

Don't disagree...but likewise, if Jordan plays better than those two, he should get playing time.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #484: Jul 03, 2015 02:28:25 pm
      Who'd you leave out to play him FL?

I'm not saying he won't get games but I think they'll be sporadic.

I'd leave out whoever is not as in form as Jordan.

I'm just saying, he's identified areas he needs to strengthen in...if he strengthens in those areas, he will get game time. People are going to be injured at various times (look at Lallana last season) and Jordan will be called on. That's my gut feeling.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #485: Jul 03, 2015 02:31:01 pm
      Great news about the extra training. I really like this lad and hope that if he continues to perform he'll keep his place.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #486: Jul 03, 2015 10:40:18 pm
      I'm hoping this lad will prove the naysayers wrong , if Sterling goes he has a better chance of breaking into the starting 11 on a regular basis , maybe not PL games as much as cup and Europa . 2 words for the lad " fantastic attitude "
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Re: Jordon Ibe Player Thread
      Reply #487: Jul 12, 2015 12:27:05 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #488: Jul 12, 2015 12:46:21 pm

I would personally play him on the wide areas ahead of Lallana, Markovic & Coutinho, so yeah.... it would be silly to loan him out again.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #489: Jul 12, 2015 01:01:51 pm
      There could be many reasons for this story seeing the light of day, with PR, FSG and Sterling heavily figuring. One thing though, Ibe isn't competing against Lallana and Markovic. All thread are serving the team.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #490: Jul 12, 2015 01:11:45 pm
      I would personally play him on the wide areas ahead of Lallana, Markovic & Coutinho, so yeah.... it would be silly to loan him out again.

Why ahead of them when they produce more than Ibe does?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #491: Jul 12, 2015 01:25:16 pm
      Why ahead of them when they produce more than Ibe does?

Basing on what I've seen of Ibe in Derby and for us, I believe he can offer that explosive play that Lallana, Coutinho & Markovic can't in the wide areas. He adds something different, and besides, I prefer Coutinho as the #10 with Lallana fighting for that spot.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #492: Jul 12, 2015 01:37:11 pm
      Personally I don't.

Stayed behind to work with the King during the summer instead of going to Ibiza to party with Sterling.

A man that wants to work on his craft and get better. I think he'll have a breakout year.

Me neither, showed more than enough last season to be given the chance to fill Sterling's place in the side. It would be stoopid to send him on loan again to bring in someone completed untested in this league. I even think he can play in the 9 shirt short given his build and physicality. His final ball and finishing need some work but this kid has everything needed to succeed. Also, assuming we qualify for the group stages of the Europa League there will be plenty of opportunities for game time for the lad.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #493: Jul 12, 2015 01:38:41 pm
      I've been working in Middlesbrough recently and there was lots of rumours that Jordan would be loaned to them.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #494: Jul 12, 2015 01:42:48 pm

Good man Jordan, listen to the King!

I Fuc....kin love you Kenny!

What a servant to the club, how many former greats out there would have been too full of pride to continue their association with their clubs after having been relieved of managerial duties but not Kenny. No ego whatsoever, just doing whatever he can for the club, this time jumping straight off a plane and then heading to Kirkby to work with our next bright young star. The word legend does NOT do him justice
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #495: Jul 18, 2015 12:21:47 am
      Was very positive when he came on last night - looked up for it.  Could be a very good option from the bench this year (if not as a starter) and his inclusion could depend on how we set up to play.  I like what I have seen of him so far, and think he is capable of filling that role of pacy direct forward that has opened up in the last few days.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #496: Jul 18, 2015 08:09:05 am
      Will be a terrific lad for LFC in years to come. Great replacement for Raheem and I'm glad we have a conveyor belt of their likes, hopefully Sheyi Ojo will replace him as he is set up to replace Sterling.

Just needs to score goals, been a bit unlucky when it comes to putting the ball at the back of the net.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #497: Jul 20, 2015 08:27:24 pm
      He'll get his chant much quicker than Sterling, and a nicer one at that... :laugh: Ibe on the run? (Band On The Run - Wings)
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #498: Jul 20, 2015 08:32:16 pm
      Really impressive in today's friendly and a shoe in for more playing time this coming season. Totally fearless player and the only one in the squad capable of replacing what we have lost in Sterling in terms of dribbling ability, fearlessness and pace. If the end product comes we will have a helluva player on our hands in this lad.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #499: Jul 20, 2015 10:13:22 pm
      Jordans going to be a good player, but I hope we as fans don't burden him with too much expectation. I can see he's going to become the go-to player who "Rodgers ought to be bringing on FFS!" each time we aren't playing well, but it's worth remembering he's only a boy and has much to learn. I think if we use him sparingly and sensibly this season we might end up with a real player on our hands, but softly softly has to be the way.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #500: Jul 20, 2015 11:00:46 pm
      Yesterday, Sterling seemed like the way to play,
      Now he's gone and Ibe's here to stay,
      Now Ibe won't leave like Pound grubbing Sterling did.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #501: Jul 21, 2015 02:33:58 pm
      Jordans going to be a good player, but I hope we as fans don't burden him with too much expectation. I can see he's going to become the go-to player who "Rodgers ought to be bringing on FFS!" each time we aren't playing well, but it's worth remembering he's only a boy and has much to learn. I think if we use him sparingly and sensibly this season we might end up with a real player on our hands, but softly softly has to be the way.

I think his ability will demand that he plays more than sparingly mate. With Sterling gone we do lack a player who can travel with ball and transition defence to attack quickly. Coutinho can do it but It I'd say he is more of a dribbler in tight spaces when it looks there is no way through rather than a player who can eat up a lot of space quickly the way Ibe can. Maybe Markovic can do it but I think this kid be too good to sit on the bench all season.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #502: Jul 21, 2015 03:07:06 pm
      I think his ability will demand that he plays more than sparingly mate. With Sterling gone we do lack a player who can travel with ball and transition defence to attack quickly. Coutinho can do it but It I'd say he is more of a dribbler in tight spaces when it looks there is no way through rather than a player who can eat up a lot of space quickly the way Ibe can. Maybe Markovic can do it but I think this kid be too good to sit on the bench all season.

I agree Scott, I am a little unsure just how we fit him in the team though mate. I hope Brendan doesn't start playing him as a wing back again. I think he will be the go to player off the bench, but while I agree that he should be given plenty of chances to start games I think he may struggle to dislodge some of the bigger names from the team.... especially if and when Sturridge is fit.

Benteke signing might just be the catalyst that does get him more playing time.

Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #503: Jul 21, 2015 05:41:07 pm
      I agree Scott, I am a little unsure just how we fit him in the team though mate. I hope Brendan doesn't start playing him as a wing back again. I think he will be the go to player off the bench, but while I agree that he should be given plenty of chances to start games I think he may struggle to dislodge some of the bigger names from the team.... especially if and when Sturridge is fit.

Benteke signing might just be the catalyst that does get him more playing time.

With the Europa League (assuming we make groups!) I suspect we will play virtually two different sides so it may be that Ibe gets the Thursday night start and then be on the bench on Sundays. Agree on the wing back comment, he actually looked pretty good there and it's good for young players to play other positions but I would like to see him wide right in a three and reckon he can forge a nice little one two punch with Clyne this season
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #504: Jul 21, 2015 06:09:33 pm
      One-two punch with Clyne... I love the sound of that.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #505: Jul 21, 2015 06:41:33 pm
      One-two punch with Clyne... I love the sound of that.

They seemed to have a bit of an understanding in yesterday's game and each player had an assist. It could be a good little partnership

Quick Reply