Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)

Read 116868 times
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' Player Thread
      Reply #644: Feb 15, 2016 11:48:06 pm
      F***ing AUTOCORRECT...Love macs but sh*t they never learn
      craigsmith1995
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Reply #645: Feb 17, 2016 12:47:31 pm
      Stop start with Ibe, good player but needs to get rid of the ball quicker and don't shut off as easily as he does! He hasbags of ability pace power just needs to improve in the final third.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #646: Feb 23, 2016 07:04:33 pm
      https://tomkinstimes.com/2016/02/hating-jordon-ibe/

Excellent article on The Tomkins Times about the recently arising "Jordon Ibe hate". I am so F***ing tired of the so called modern fans. Thank God we have a manager in place who is not as fickle as some of our "fans".
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #647: Feb 24, 2016 11:27:23 am
      Rate the lad, but it would always be tough coming out of Sterling's shadow - and lets be honest that is what has happened...

Hope he gets a run of games alongside some better strikers next season, if he had the opportunity to play in the team that Sterling had I believe he would be a lot better now.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #648: Feb 24, 2016 11:54:02 am
      Rate the lad, but it would always be tough coming out of Sterling's shadow - and lets be honest that is what has happened...

Hope he gets a run of games alongside some better strikers next season, if he had the opportunity to play in the team that Sterling had I believe he would be a lot better now.

You can't put his bad performances this season solely down to not having a decent striker. What he hasn't mastered so far is what to do with the ball consistently. He tries to impress a little too much and tries to do a bit too much on his own. Running into players instead of passing, the 1000 step-overs before doing anything with the ball etc. He just needs to work on his game a little more is all but that's not anybody else's fault.

I don't see that many people saying if Benteke had played with better attacking midfielders then he'd have more goals and better performances, he gets criticised too and now he's apparently being sold for 10-15m according to the odd individual.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #649: Feb 27, 2016 08:51:40 am
      Problem with Ibe is he got used to being the most physically dominant player on the pitch for our academy matches, where he could knock it past a defender and let his speed and power do the rest. His end product even in those games was questionable. He was very effective at that level, but making the step up it just isn't enough.

He's now evenly matched physically with his full back, and at this level he is being dealt with easily. Needs to develop very quickly or he's going to end up bullying lower league full backs for most of his career.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #650: Feb 28, 2016 09:42:00 am
      Problem with Ibe is he got used to being the most physically dominant player on the pitch for our academy matches, where he could knock it past a defender and let his speed and power do the rest. His end product even in those games was questionable. He was very effective at that level, but making the step up it just isn't enough.

He's now evenly matched physically with his full back, and at this level he is being dealt with easily. Needs to develop very quickly or he's going to end up bullying lower league full backs for most of his career.

Good point.
      Seems to be working for his own glory this season which I absolutely detest. That's his fall from grace so far. This season some players are really guilty of that crime, Coutinho was but seems to have rethought the idea of team instead of I'm better, I'll do it all because no one can be as good as me in this team.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #651: Mar 26, 2016 07:20:44 pm
      Playing for England u21s tonight against Switzerland in the Euro qualifiers.  England currently 1-0 up, Akpom with the goal after a great run down the right from Demarai Gray.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #652: Mar 26, 2016 07:54:19 pm
      Sent off for 2 really stupid yellows, for a player with so much PL experience that's quite pathetic Jordan.  Score now 1-1.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #653: Mar 26, 2016 08:24:40 pm
      Sent off for 2 really stupid yellows, for a player with so much PL experience that's quite pathetic Jordan.  Score now 1-1.

Damn, I was hoping for a good performance from him, get some confidence back
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #654: Mar 26, 2016 08:40:50 pm
      Damn, I was hoping for a good performance from him, get some confidence back

He came on as sub around 35 minutes and didn't really do much mate other than what we've been seeing.  Lots of running with the ball but not using it well, misplaced passes, being dispossessed and generally bad decision making.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1648 
      • YNWA
      Reply #655: Mar 26, 2016 09:41:24 pm
      If Ibe got sold in the summer to a WH or a Saints or whatever, I'd let him go. If we could get 6mill,  that kinda money.  Seems like a nice kid, strong, quick, can score... but for me is not showing he's 'learning', has had chances to make real mark, but you just end up saying the same things after his performances. Know if still young, and you never know how someone will evolve, but not sure I see him here long term.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #656: Mar 26, 2016 09:52:56 pm
      If Ibe got sold in the summer to a WH or a Saints or whatever, I'd let him go. If we could get 6mill,  that kinda money.  Seems like a nice kid, strong, quick, can score... but for me is not showing he's 'learning', has had chances to make real mark, but you just end up saying the same things after his performances. Know if still young, and you never know how someone will evolve, but not sure I see him here long term.

His game hasn't changed since I started watching him in the u18s as a 16/17 year old mate.  Always had the problems he has now and although still only 20 there comes a point where you start to think will he ever learn/develop because he seems to have everything needed to make it at a high level.

That's not to say he won't, as player development is never linear.  I'd be surprised if he's sold this summer as I think Jürgen will want to give him more time to work with his coaches but you never know.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 495 posts | 80 
      Reply #657: Mar 27, 2016 07:19:28 pm
      His best form has come off the back of regular football out on loan. Maybe he needs one more loan for a year to a prem club that would play him!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #658: Apr 11, 2016 12:42:12 pm
      http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-transfer-news-jordon-ibe-exit-twitter-instagram-rumours-a6978431.html

Looks like Ibe isn't a happy bunny.

Disappointing but not sure if he has the right mentality to make it here.

He clearly isn't working hard enough in Klopp's eyes to warrant selection and is behind Ojo in the pecking order now.

He needs to quit the whinging on social media and fight for his place or move on.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #659: Apr 11, 2016 12:48:02 pm
      http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-transfer-news-jordon-ibe-exit-twitter-instagram-rumours-a6978431.html

He clearly isn't working hard enough in Klopp's eyes to warrant selection and is behind Ojo in the pecking order now.

He needs to quit the whinging on social media and fight for his place or move on.

Well he wont ever get a better opportunity than he had this year. He was basically the only winger and the club, if he can't take the competition and believes he's better than the position he finds himself in then I'm sure he'll do what he believes is right for him.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #660: Apr 11, 2016 12:54:28 pm

To spit his dummy out like that (if true of course) at this stage of his career isn't the best way to get back into the Managers good books, especially a Manager like Jürgen. 

It could just mean that seeing as the account has been dormant for over 12 months that he's realised he needs to work hard on his game rather than mess about on social media.

It's tough enough for a young player to make his mark but if he isn't prepared to put even more graft in to secure his place then that's up to him.  I never saw him as a quitter though and I felt for a while that he needed to be taken out of the limelight to refocus on his development at the training ground.

What's that saying again, "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard", it couldn't be more applicable to athletes.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #661: Apr 11, 2016 04:51:46 pm
      He doesn't seem to have kicked on at all this season and if anything regressed.

Has all the physical attributes but his game intelligence is what's lacking, holding onto the ball too long, movement off the ball etc.
      He seems so desperate on occasions to impress that he ends up taking on one too many opponent.

Nothing that Jürgen cannot sort out if he is willing to listen and learn.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1648 
      • YNWA
      Reply #662: Apr 11, 2016 08:09:51 pm
      God's not closing any doors mate.  You just need to work on your end product.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #663: Apr 11, 2016 09:39:40 pm
      Says a lot that he didn't even make the bench yesterday. Thought he would kick on this season but like said above he seems to be going backwards. Such a shame.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #664: Apr 11, 2016 09:46:24 pm
      Says a lot that he didn't even make the bench yesterday. Thought he would kick on this season but like said above he seems to be going backwards. Such a shame.
      I don't understand... he is still eligible for U21.... why are people concerned.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #665: Apr 11, 2016 10:24:39 pm
      Hang on here, am I reading this right?

A player dosent use Twitter for a year and that means he is leaving..? Wow, must have been a very slow news day!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #666: Apr 11, 2016 10:29:15 pm
      Hang on here, am I reading this right?

A player dosent use Twitter for a year and that means he is leaving..? Wow, must have been a very slow news day!

He apparently deleted all posts about Liverpool or something.

Kind of sh*t I do when we lose to be fair ha ha #badloser

Quick Reply