Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Champions League] Sat 1st Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Estadio Metropolitano, Madrid

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D1 L4

Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)

Read 66916 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' Player Thread
      Reply #700: Apr 28, 2016 10:57:27 pm
      Must admit I was surprised and disappointed to see him brought on and that disappointment only grew with every touch he had. From an early burst of form under Jürgen he appears to have regressed massively and personally I just see the exit door this summer for Jordon.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,412 posts | 1183 
      Reply #701: Apr 28, 2016 11:00:27 pm
      Still very young and raw.

He needs to improve his attitude and game intelligence.

But to write him off so soon is way too knee jerk for me.

The kid has talent to be unlocked.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,487 posts | 2998 
      Reply #702: Apr 28, 2016 11:05:46 pm
      Was pretty useless but he's still a youngster and has time on his side, although with the rise of Ojo he needs to raise his game asap.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #703: Apr 28, 2016 11:07:58 pm
      Still very young and raw.

He needs to improve his attitude and game intelligence.

But to write him off so soon is way too knee jerk for me.

The kid has talent to be unlocked.

To be fair any player in his position would have jumped at the opportunity he was given today. It's not like he was thrown in the 88th minute or anything. I don't know what it is that he's sulking about. Very terrible attitude.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,044 posts | 1746 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #704: Apr 28, 2016 11:11:07 pm
      Looks like a player without confidence to me, needs to get back to basics
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,769 posts | 227 
      Reply #705: Apr 28, 2016 11:15:04 pm
      Looks like a player without confidence to me, needs to get back to basics
      He was brought on at half time in a European semi final?!
      What greater statement of faith from a manager does nay player need?
      Agree that he needs to "get back to basics".....he needs to use his left foot for a start and not be so predictable. 
      Very poor showing from the fella. Contributed nothing and appeared utterly unsure of what his role was.
      We are going to need him next season for our champions league squad though....home grown players are vital as we are going to obviously win the Europa league!!
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,957 posts | 190 
      • do do do
      Reply #706: Apr 29, 2016 02:57:13 am
      needs to be the second striker/important in a front three somewhere. he's the kind of player that needs it built around him. he wont get that here, so unless he's going on loan i think he'll be sold
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,809 posts | 1882 
      Reply #707: Apr 29, 2016 03:36:00 am
      needs to be the second striker/important in a front three somewhere. he's the kind of player that needs it built around him. he wont get that here, so unless he's going on loan i think he'll be sold

I beg to differ. He's a natural winger, an old skool type actually, and you don't build your team around them. I think we would see the best in him, or at least an improvement if his role were to dribble down the byline and to cross it in.

Not sure how he'll fit in to Klopp's team atm, but I wouldn't want to bin him just yet, would certainly like us to loan him out to a lower prem team and see how he fairs if played regularly.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,957 posts | 190 
      • do do do
      Reply #708: Apr 29, 2016 03:51:05 am
      but he's not a great crosser - he seems to drift/go wide but is that where he best utilises his skills? perhaps in theory because we see him as quick and strong but that doesn't seem to be an actual part of his natural game. to me he looks more like someone who should have more of an eye on goal in his role. i see it a bit like sturridge, daniel is good enough to build around but not trustworthy enough to put in your system, ibe could be good enough to work around in a forward line but can be be any form of water carrier? i think our wingers need to be extremely intelligent and multifunctional, not raw old school types, that's how i'm interpreting ibe and klopp at the minute.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 136 
      Reply #709: Apr 29, 2016 04:58:03 am
      I beg to differ. He's a natural winger, an old skool type actually, and you don't build your team around them. I think we would see the best in him, or at least an improvement if his role were to dribble down the byline and to cross it in.

Not sure how he'll fit in to Klopp's team atm, but I wouldn't want to bin him just yet, would certainly like us to loan him out to a lower prem team and see how he fairs if played regularly.

Agree with the first paragraph, disagree with the second.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,298 posts | 366 
      Reply #710: Apr 29, 2016 05:10:03 am
      Only natural winger at the club at the moment, and he fails to make good use of this oppurtunity. Don't think we'll be seeing  much of him next season if he stays.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,934 posts | 645 
      Reply #711: Apr 29, 2016 07:53:45 am
      Remember when everyone was saying "Sterling can piss off, we've got Ibe and he's a lot better anyway"?

Those were good times.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,957 posts | 190 
      • do do do
      Reply #712: May 12, 2016 07:28:00 am
      Remember when everyone was saying "Sterling can piss off, we've got Ibe and he's a lot better anyway"?

Those were good times.

i remember some people said that to make themselves feel better, i don't remember "everyone" saying anything. remember not making a sh*t post in your 4,600? me neither.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #713: May 12, 2016 05:19:29 pm
      To be honest, I think all of us (well most of us anyways) can remember a time when Ibe was a good player. Then his confidence seemed to get struck and he just wasn't the same. I still have some faith left in him. He is young, has some size and pace and we have seen what he can do. Hopefully another preseason under his belt and some coaching from Klopp can reinvigorate his confidence and help him improve. Not writing him off just yet, but he still has a long way to go.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,759 posts | 3408 
      Reply #714: May 12, 2016 09:52:00 pm
      Anyone else think Ibe might benefit from a loan to a lower table PL side where he'll play week in and week out?

He needs to get game time at the highest level, but I have a feeling he's going to be 2nd or 3rd choice at LFC until he figures things  out.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,989 posts | 2282 
      Reply #715: May 14, 2016 09:48:18 pm
      Anyone else think Ibe might benefit from a loan to a lower table PL side where he'll play week in and week out?

He needs to get game time at the highest level, but I have a feeling he's going to be 2nd or 3rd choice at LFC until he figures things  out.

I'm not sure he will be here next season mate. He hasn't really come on at all this season and with new signings, the return (possibly) of Markovic and young Ojo starting to come through he is going to be near the bottom of a significant pile.

The hardest part for me is deciding on his value, not whether we should sell or not. I think he could be worth quite a bit more than we are likely to get for him as sadly the type of club that will be most interested probably won't be flush with money.

Could be anywhere between £5 million and £15 million :)

Would prefer him to be given another season but won't break my heart if he goes, as long as someone better takes his place.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #716: May 15, 2016 10:29:56 pm
      Really pleased for him that he scored today, he's been a bit low on confidence recently, so hopefully this will push him on, work hard Jordan, you have the potential, make it pay.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #717: May 15, 2016 10:43:15 pm
      Looks like hardly anybody noticed that Ojo draw the defenders wide and made it easy for Ibe. The defense was awful, never seen anything like it. It was a very tame shot near the keeper and a better keeper would have saved it. The goal today means nothing much to me, he went backwards this season.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #718: May 15, 2016 10:44:35 pm
      Looks like hardly anybody noticed that Ojo draw the defenders wide and made it easy for Ibe. It was a very tame shot and a better keeper would have saved it. The goal today means nothing much to me, he went backwards this season.

Doesn't matter, he scored, give the lad some credit.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #719: May 15, 2016 10:47:47 pm
      It's good he scored, but to say it is a good goal is over doing it. It was awful defending and goalkeeping and anybody who doesn't score there doesn't even deserve to be in a non league team. This goal doesn't show potential, it just shows he has two feet.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #720: May 15, 2016 10:50:51 pm
      It's good he scored, but to say it is a good goal is over doing it. It was awful defending and goalkeeping and anybody who doesn't score there doesn't even deserve to be in a non league team.

Where did I say it was a good goal?

You have to be in the right place to score, which he did.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,454 posts | 3524 
      Reply #721: May 15, 2016 10:54:36 pm

this lad has something and I just don't think he believes in himself enough. he is a keeper for me I think Jürgen can bring him on to another level next season
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,454 posts | 3524 
      Reply #722: May 15, 2016 10:56:19 pm
      Where did I say it was a good goal?

You have to be in the right place to score, which he did.

did I miss something here ,he left the defender on his arse inside his own half drove into the box went past a few defenders and put it in the corner. standards are very high these days
      MsGerrard
      Reply #723: May 15, 2016 11:00:11 pm
      this lad has something and I just don't think he believes in himself enough. he is a keeper for me I think Jürgen can bring him on to another level next season

Indeed walton....football is all about confidence, sure Klopp will nurture him and hopefully bring out the best in him, he's young and needs time.

did I miss something here ,he left the defender on his arse inside his own half drove into the box went past a few defenders and put it in the corner. standards are very high these days

Some people are never happy though are they  :roll:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #724: May 15, 2016 11:12:12 pm
      I'll be happy when he does well more frequently and scores where effort is required. Good strikers score against good defending and today for the goal the defending was terrible, so I don't see it as a big plus like some have today.

Quick Reply