Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)

Read 117323 times
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Re: Jordon Ibe
      Reply #92: Dec 10, 2013 12:49:29 pm
      Need to see this lad getting a few games under his belt.

I suspect the gaffer is trying to avoid exposing this guy before he signs a new contract when he comes of age so as to prevent a repeat of what happened with raheem Sterling.

I will want to believe he is our best kept secret till then, hopefully he'll be unleashed in March there abouts.

Cant see why he isnt playing in the first team at the moment.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #93: Dec 10, 2013 02:22:38 pm
      Need to see this lad getting a few games under his belt.

I suspect the gaffer is trying to avoid exposing this guy before he signs a new contract when he comes of age so as to prevent a repeat of what happened with raheem Sterling.

I will want to believe he is our best kept secret till then, hopefully he'll be unleashed in March there abouts.

Cant see why he isnt playing in the first team at the moment.

There's talk of him going on loan once he's signed his pro contract.  Turned 18 the other day so hopefully we'll hear news of him signing soon.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #94: Dec 10, 2013 03:30:37 pm
      There's talk of him going on loan once he's signed his pro contract.  Turned 18 the other day so hopefully we'll hear news of him signing soon.

Totally agree Debs, while you've said he can be infuriating with his decision making in the U21's I can understand it a little more there due to the need to showcase your talent and be spotted more. Decision making is something I think can be coached more easily, granted some just seem to refuse to learn.

One thing is for sure the raw talent of the lad we must sign him up pronto and loan either him or Raheem out. They've reached levels were U21/reserve football wont progress either of them and they need more.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #95: Dec 10, 2013 03:55:01 pm
      Totally agree Debs, while you've said he can be infuriating with his decision making in the U21's I can understand it a little more there due to the need to showcase your talent and be spotted more. Decision making is something I think can be coached more easily, granted some just seem to refuse to learn.

One thing is for sure the raw talent of the lad we must sign him up pronto and loan either him or Raheem out. They've reached levels were U21/reserve football wont progress either of them and they need more.

He is infuriating Luke and although I understand he needs to showcase his talents on the odd occasion he gets to play he's not really doing that.  Everyone knows he's got pace to burn so what he should be showcasing is his ability to get his head up and find a team mate with a pass rather than head down, run into a blind alley and lose the ball.  That's schoolboy stuff that should be well behind him at 18.

It was heartening to hear that there quite a few Championship managers and coaches watching the u21's game yesterday.  I'm assuming with a view to taking some of our lads on loan or even signing those due to be released.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #96: Dec 10, 2013 04:06:43 pm
      you think lads we injuries we have, and with maybe odd player who need a bit break with games come up in chrtimas break, he should be least sub he got that pace and power about him, so must better then mosses who too lazy
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #97: Dec 10, 2013 05:10:11 pm
      He is infuriating Luke and although I understand he needs to showcase his talents on the odd occasion he gets to play he's not really doing that.  Everyone knows he's got pace to burn so what he should be showcasing is his ability to get his head up and find a team mate with a pass rather than head down, run into a blind alley and lose the ball.  That's schoolboy stuff that should be well behind him at 18.

It was heartening to hear that there quite a few Championship managers and coaches watching the u21's game yesterday.  I'm assuming with a view to taking some of our lads on loan or even signing those due to be released.

Fair enough Debs, can accept that.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #98: Feb 08, 2014 04:10:44 pm
      Done brilliantly today looked a confident young man, granted we were 5 up but he still looked happy to take them on and have a go, fair play kid
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #99: Feb 08, 2014 04:15:27 pm
      Done brilliantly today looked a confident young man, granted we were 5 up but he still looked happy to take them on and have a go, fair play kid

Yeah, he had some really nifty touches today, some of his one touch work was fantastic.

Let's hope we have another starlet on our hands. With youth players like him, Sterling and Flanno coming through, you can see why Guardiola highly regarded the youth set up. It looks terribly exciting!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #100: Feb 08, 2014 05:08:07 pm
      Yeah, he had some really nifty touches today, some of his one touch work was fantastic.

Let's hope we have another starlet on our hands. With youth players like him, Sterling and Flanno coming through, you can see why Guardiola highly regarded the youth set up. It looks terribly exciting!

There's still better to come through too.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #101: Feb 08, 2014 09:57:03 pm
      He looked very comfortable on the ball AND against the league leaders, can only gain in confidence as his experience grows !
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #102: Feb 09, 2014 01:03:25 am
      If Ibe is the silver lining to us not signing anyone in January then I'm not too upset.
      Nice little cameo. Very strong on the ball, and if Rodgers can improve like he has
      Sterling then we could end up with some quality young talent on the cheap.

/FSGspeak
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #103: Feb 09, 2014 01:26:36 pm
      Nice to see BR give Jordan some minutes on the pitch, really like this lad. Certainly one for the future.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #104: Feb 21, 2014 12:33:23 pm
      Jordan Ibe loaned to Birmingham until end of the season
      Liverpool FC youngster Jordon Ibe has joined Birmingham City on loan until the end of the season.

The 18-year-old winger could make his debut for Lee Clark's Championship outfit against Blackpool tomorrow.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is keen for Ibe to gain experience having spent most of the season on the fringes of the first-team squad.

Ibe made his senior Reds debut against Queens Park Rangers on the final day of last season.

He has made two further appearances this term – against Notts County in the League Cup and as a late substitute against Arsenal in the league earlier this month.

Link

Bit surprised by this to be honest.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #105: Feb 21, 2014 12:37:28 pm
      Jordan Ibe loaned to Birmingham until end of the season
      Liverpool FC youngster Jordon Ibe has joined Birmingham City on loan until the end of the season.

The 18-year-old winger could make his debut for Lee Clark's Championship outfit against Blackpool tomorrow.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is keen for Ibe to gain experience having spent most of the season on the fringes of the first-team squad.

Ibe made his senior Reds debut against Queens Park Rangers on the final day of last season.

He has made two further appearances this term – against Notts County in the League Cup and as a late substitute against Arsenal in the league earlier this month.

Link

Bit surprised by this to be honest.

A little bit surprised, but once I thought about it, it made sense.

Moses is ahead of him, and Aspas as well, so getting him some experience playing every week seems a good idea as BR obviously thinks he has outgrown the ressies.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #106: Feb 21, 2014 12:46:18 pm
      Yep, makes sense to me. We've only got twelve games left and it's unlikely we are going to be in a "blooding youngsters" situation.
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #107: Feb 21, 2014 12:54:47 pm
      How in the name of all F**k can Aspaz be ahead of him?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #108: Feb 21, 2014 01:09:15 pm
      How in the name of all f**k can Aspaz be ahead of him?

Maybe because Aspas is a centre forward, I suppose for the man with no brains that would be difficult to figure out.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #109: Feb 21, 2014 01:26:59 pm
      How in the name of all F**k can Aspaz be ahead of him?

Because, as BR said when he signed him "He can also play wide in a front 3".

Memory problems?
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #110: Feb 21, 2014 02:27:03 pm
      Maybe because Aspas is a centre forward, I suppose for the man with no brains that would be difficult to figure out.

So he's ahead of him, despite not playing the same position?
      And also not really being able to play in any position, due to being totally sh*t.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #111: Feb 21, 2014 02:28:20 pm
      Best of luck kid.
      We are definitely playing the long game.

We've a first team of fringe/U21 players out on loan now.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #112: Feb 21, 2014 02:42:28 pm
      Good move for Jordan.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #113: Feb 21, 2014 02:49:43 pm

Why, where's Hendo going? ;)
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #114: Feb 21, 2014 03:45:39 pm
      So he's ahead of him, despite not playing the same position?
      And also not really being able to play in any position, due to being totally sh*t.

Judging by your posts, in various threads today, the virga-rectomy operation was unsuccessful.

Quick Reply