Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)

Read 116024 times
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)
      Dec 07, 2012 07:50:12 pm
      Couldn't find a topic for this young fella, so apologies if there is one floating around.

Rodgers mentioned on the aeroplane interview that he is signing a professional contract today, so congratulations to the boy, celebrating his wicked goal in the FA youth cup midweek. I hope he has a big future in red.
      « Last Edit: Jul 14, 2016 09:57:13 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: Jordan Ibe
      Reply #1: Dec 07, 2012 10:02:14 pm
      Potential to be a special player.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2: Dec 07, 2012 10:08:00 pm
      Golazo! Jordan Ibe (Liverpool U18s) v Swindon [4/12/12]

Looks a talent the kid, lets hope he develops as he looks he may
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #3: Dec 07, 2012 10:19:58 pm
      Another of many that have the potential to follow in Sterling and Suso's footsteps. We have an amazing academy.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #4: Dec 07, 2012 10:48:03 pm
      Wiki reports his birthday is tomorrow, makes you realise how advanced Raheem is when he's exactly 1 year older than this lad. Do think Jordan will make the grade though, looks a real talent too.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #5: Dec 07, 2012 11:21:02 pm
      One of my friends mates, says his got bags of confidence, it shows in his game.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #6: Dec 12, 2012 12:26:12 pm
      Another one who's going to be a special player. So much talent coming through our Under 21's and youth teams at the moment.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #7: Jan 09, 2013 02:01:49 pm
      If you watched the Next Gen match this kid was really good. Hesitate to make comparisons with any of our current starters but if I had to compare him, he seems to be a beefed up version of Sterling. Seems to have the skill and movement (and almost as much pace) of Sterling but he seems to hold his own better when challenged. Did a great job retaining the ball. I know it's way, way too soon to start throwing around accolades, but it would not surprise me to see him trying to break into the first team sometime next year or maybe the year after if he continues his form.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #8: Jan 09, 2013 02:07:16 pm
      Without trying to be too pedantic, it's Jordon Ibe, not Jordan.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #9: Jan 09, 2013 02:20:35 pm

Now you're just being pedantic :laugh:
      MsGerrard
      Re: Jordon Ibe
      Reply #10: Jan 09, 2013 04:29:34 pm

Sorted...well spotted RB  :gt-happyup:
      Speke Up Redmen
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 68 posts |
      • I wear a jesters hat in the Kop like a whopper!!
      Reply #11: Mar 02, 2013 01:20:42 pm
      Fantastic couple of goals on Thursday night against Leeds in the FA Youth Cup at Anfield from this young lad. Heard so much about him and after watching him the other night can only agree that he's one for the future. Reminded me of a young John Barnes the way he took his second goal the other night especially with his trickery before lashing it into the far bottom corner of the goal. Looks loads more stronger than Sterling and also plays in the same position as him too.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #12: Mar 02, 2013 02:51:40 pm
      Fantastic couple of goals on Thursday night against Leeds in the FA Youth Cup at Anfield from this young lad. Heard so much about him and after watching him the other night can only agree that he's one for the future. Reminded me of a young John Barnes the way he took his second goal the other night especially with his trickery before lashing it into the far bottom corner of the goal. Looks loads more stronger than Sterling and also plays in the same position as him too.

Personally believe he has the potential to be better than Sterling and Raheem will be looking over his shoulder soon enough. Love that we've got 2 young lads coming through in these positions because competition for places always drives players to finding that extra level.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #13: Mar 02, 2013 07:20:40 pm
      Not just two lads. Sinclair will be a player too
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #14: Mar 02, 2013 07:25:51 pm
      Few rumours that he will be training with the first team next week, hope it's true!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #15: Mar 02, 2013 08:01:58 pm
      Not just two lads. Sinclair will be a player too

Indeed mate, 16,17,18 years old these 3. It would be a brave man to suggest which one will achieve most with us in his career.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #16: Mar 16, 2013 02:09:29 pm
      Cool this lkad has made the bench today.

Bags of skill and a really talented lad.

Hope he gets some minutes after we've secured the 3 points.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #17: Mar 16, 2013 02:14:05 pm
      Cool this lkad has made the bench today.

Bags of skill and a really talented lad.

Hope he gets some minutes after we've secured the 3 points.

Agreed, would love to see him get a few minutes on the pitch when we've already got the game sewn up.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #18: Apr 12, 2013 03:11:22 pm
      'I've been studying Ronaldo'
      Jordon Ibe has revealed how he has been studying clips of Cristiano Ronaldo's goals to help bolster his prospects of making a first-team breakthrough at Anfield.

The 17-year-old winger was named on the bench for Liverpool's trip to Southampton last month having impressed for both the U18s and U21s so far this season.

Ibe admits news that he'd be making the trip to St Mary's with the likes of Luis Suarez and Steven Gerrard came as a surprise - so much so, he thought it was a wind-up.

"It was just a normal training day and just as I was ready to go home, I had a missed call from Alex Inglethorpe the reserve manager," he explained to the Liverpool Echo.

"And he told me that I was travelling to Southampton with the first team. I didn't believe it at first, I thought it was just a little bit of banter.

"But I travelled with them and only half an hour before the match kicked-off I found out that I was on the bench.

"I was made up. My mum and dad flew down to watch as well.

"It was lovely and everything a 17-year-old boy could dream of. I was just trying to gain as much experience from it as I could and even though I didn't get on, it was just brilliant being there and warming up with them."

Ibe joined Liverpool's Academy from Wycombe Wanderers in December 2011.

He admits upping sticks from home at the age of 15 wasn't an easy decision - but it was an opportunity he simply could not turn down.

"I was my first big move and it meant moving away from my friends," explained Ibe.

"Fortunately, my family have moved up with me and whenever I get time off I usually go down and spend time with my friends.

"I had to think hard about the decision to move. I wasn't stalling but moving to Liverpool is a big move.

"I was still 15, soon to be 16, and so was caught in two minds about whether I should stay or go. The manager at Wycombe was asking if I was staying or going and I didn't know what to say."

Ibe will again be in action for Liverpool's U18s in Friday night's FA Youth Cup semi-final, first-leg clash with Chelsea at Anfield.

He's fired three goals en-route to the last four, underlining his importance to Steve Cooper's starlets, though he admits it took some adjusting to get used to the Reds' training methods after arriving at the club.

"At first, it was the training that was hardest to adapt to," he said. "At Wycombe I would usually get the ball and run with it. But here, there is not a lot of time on the ball. It is one and two touch football, passing it around. But I have got used to it and enjoyed it.

"I had to get used to all the other stuff that comes with being at a big club as well but the football was so different.

"At Wycombe it was just a case of kicking it long but we are trying to play football here."

This season has seen Ibe make the step up to the U21 set up, working under manager Alex Inglethorpe - a man he believes can help him continue to improve.

Ibe added: "Going forward, Alex Inglethorpe has helped me by showing me clips of Cristiano Ronaldo.

"20 of Ronaldo's goals last season were one touch finishes at the back post. He's been helping me to get within the frame of the goal and in the six-yard box.

"I haven't scored a lot of goals this season, I have plenty of assists, but with what Alex is showing me I hope I can score a few more goals towards the end of the season."
      Sounds like he is being taught well. There have been numerous times this season we could have done with a pacey wide man attacking the far post. He will be one to watch tonight.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #19: May 03, 2013 08:41:25 pm
      Needs to appear in the first team before the end of the season.

Been outstanding for months.
      insua22
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #20: May 03, 2013 08:58:00 pm
      Needs to appear in the first team before the end of the season.

Been outstanding for months.

Follow Paul Tomkins on Twitter do we? Or was it Paul Grech?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #21: May 19, 2013 03:17:13 pm
      Good luck lad, knock them dead.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #22: May 19, 2013 03:27:35 pm
      Well done on getting your debut start at Anfield Jordon.  It'll always be a memorable day for you so be fearless and enjoy it.

Quick Reply