Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)

Read 116014 times
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Jordon Ibe
      Reply #23: May 19, 2013 03:40:15 pm
      Come on lad. Make the most of this match. Enjoy yourself and score goal.  :clap: :clap: :clap:

:aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpoolwz0: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #24: May 19, 2013 03:50:51 pm
      Goodluck son YNWA
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #25: May 19, 2013 04:31:54 pm
      8)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #26: May 19, 2013 04:50:40 pm
      Very composed first half for young Jordon.  Well done so far lad, you can be proud of yourself.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #27: May 19, 2013 06:08:08 pm
      How good was Jordon today?! He didn't look the least bit phased to make his Premier League debut at Anfield. He was unafraid and he wasn't over-awed by the occasion. I loved the way he wanted the ball, and when he got it, he took his man on. I know a lot rate Ibe higher than Sterling, but does it matter? We have two dynamite wingers waiting to become something big for us! Great performance by Jordon. Very professional.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #28: May 19, 2013 06:15:15 pm
      Looks like a strong lad too, I'd expect him and Sterling to be regulars on our bench next season.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #29: May 19, 2013 06:18:51 pm
      How good was Jordon today?! He didn't look the least bit phased to make his Premier League debut at Anfield. He was unafraid and he wasn't over-awed by the occasion. I loved the way he wanted the ball, and when he got it, he took his man on. I know a lot rate Ibe higher than Sterling, but does it matter? We have two dynamite wingers waiting to become something big for us! Great performance by Jordon. Very professional.

Looked a beast at times. Physically strong and very disciplined in his positioning. Trained very well with some nice intricate play on a couple of occasions as well. Season of such promise with some seriously good talent rearing its head. Fair play to Brendan for bringing them forward and an excellent job done by the coaches at Academy and Melwood. Sewn by Rafa, reaped by Brendan? Continue on this road and we will be the envy of England and Europe with this youth setup. Brilliant year for the setup.
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #30: May 19, 2013 06:21:26 pm

Yes, very impressive today and that was a memorable debut.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #31: May 19, 2013 06:22:36 pm
      Looked good TBH. Definitely not one for the future, one for next season.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #32: May 19, 2013 06:42:38 pm
      Good debut for the lad.  Nice move by Rodgers playing him today; all eyes were on Carra so there was no pressure on him.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #33: May 19, 2013 11:00:04 pm
      Got all the right tools, phyisically, to make it, just needs to make sure he's got the mental ability to as well.

Don't let the attention he's bound to get go to his head, don't get above himself. Just keep his feet grounded and remember that he can always improve. Once you start thinking you've got it made, you realise you haven't.

Also with any luck we won't have to pin all our hopes on him just yet like we had to with Raheem. I think that was one of the problems with Sterling, the expectation was too high for a lad of his age. Jordan will be allowed to develop into the team more gradually like younger players should and then get the sustained run when he's actually ready for it.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #34: May 19, 2013 11:03:30 pm
      That's a good point.
      I do think we saw Sterling and Suso suffer burn out for the reliance on them in the squad at the start of the season.

The arrival of Sturridge and Coutinho has taken the load of them now. Having them in the squad to be utilised in the right
      way is fantastic. It can only be a bonus to have Sterling and Ibe pushing each other along to get into the team.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #35: May 20, 2013 12:15:11 am
      His progress this season was maybe the most promising thing of the year. He has been in full gear for about 5 months now and hasn't looked back. Real prospect we've got.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #36: May 20, 2013 12:28:02 am
      And the beauty about this lad is he's coming from within , long may this continue.
      gerrard8pool
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts |
      Reply #37: May 20, 2013 12:48:09 am
      Absolutely loved when he tracked back to chase down Granero. Love to see a player willing to work both sides of the ball
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #38: May 20, 2013 06:47:35 am
      And he got an assist :)
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #39: May 20, 2013 08:41:42 am
      Wasn't TOO surprised he made an impact tbh.Watching him in the ressies + academy this season has been a joy.
      Well done Jordon.
      Easy choice of song for him too!!
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #40: May 20, 2013 09:09:06 am
      As said, handled the occasion very well. Look to take the full back on at every opportunity, going on to his left or right foot. Set up Coutinho's goal. All in all, good performance from the lad.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #41: May 20, 2013 11:07:07 am
       I was very impressed with this lad,he has got a good football brain and can beat a man,and the speed he got back in defence to take the ball off the Q.P.R. man was electric.I see only good for this young lad.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #42: May 20, 2013 11:52:13 am

17. Watched on a stream so had to watch the LFC midnight replay.
      Thought he was excellent.
      Pace.
      Hunger.
      Workrate.

Long may it continue.
      Even tracked back to get LFC out of a 2v2 at one point, against Granero.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #43: May 20, 2013 12:00:11 pm
      There have been so many times in the past when we've looked at the kids coming through and got all excited because of the hype around them, only for them never to make an impact (Nemeth, Pacheco et al).
      The more I see of the youngsters we have now, though, I'm convinced that our first team will soon be bolstered by some top class players coming through, not least Wisdom, Sinclair, McLaughlin and this lad, Ibe. It's just a case of taking it steady with them and avoiding too much hype and burnout.
      We need to buy some top level players to push for fourth but long-term, the likes of Ibe could save us millions.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #44: May 20, 2013 12:09:17 pm

That's the thing though, summed up in your player selection, we've not had this many players coming through in decades.
      In the past we pinned all our hopes on Nemeth and pacheco because there wasn't any other likely candidate.

Look at it now though.

We would like Kelly to make it, if he doesn't there is a good chance Wisdom will.
      We would like Sterling or Suso to make it, if they don't we can see the likes of Ibe and, for me, Yesil.

Then there's Shelvey, Coady, Flanagan, Robinson, who may or may not make it.
      Adorjan, who might have made it if he had any pace,
      but can't get in to the number 10 role because Suarez and now Coutinho have monstered it.

We have some players that might have got a look in this season had injuries not cruely robbed them in the second half of the season.
      Yesil was coming into his own. Smith and Pelosi were showing promise and Teixeira has been wrapped in cotton wool.

I'm almost afraid to jinx it, but the next few years could be exciting.
      We just need to keep the recruitment up.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #45: May 20, 2013 12:21:28 pm
      That's the thing though, summed up in your player selection...

I was being lazy, haha. Agree with your point though, we have a far greater depth of talent at that level now. I'm also very excited by Yesil, I just hope he can put this injury behind him and get back to it.

Quick Reply