Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)

Read 116011 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Jordon Ibe
      Reply #46: May 20, 2013 12:29:52 pm
      I was being lazy, haha. Agree with your point though, we have a far greater depth of talent at that level now. I'm also very excited by Yesil, I just hope he can put this injury behind him and get back to it.

Horrible injury to get at a young age.
      Thought he would have been the difference for us in the NextGen.
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #47: May 20, 2013 12:35:11 pm
      any videos of the lad playing against qpr?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #48: May 20, 2013 12:47:39 pm
      That's the thing though, summed up in your player selection, we've not had this many players coming through in decades.
      In the past we pinned all our hopes on Nemeth and pacheco because there wasn't any other likely candidate.

Look at it now though.

We would like Kelly to make it, if he doesn't there is a good chance Wisdom will.
      We would like Sterling or Suso to make it, if they don't we can see the likes of Ibe and, for me, Yesil.

Then there's Shelvey, Coady, Flanagan, Robinson, who may or may not make it.
      Adorjan, who might have made it if he had any pace,
      but can't get in to the number 10 role because Suarez and now Coutinho have monstered it.

We have some players that might have got a look in this season had injuries not cruely robbed them in the second half of the season.
      Yesil was coming into his own. Smith and Pelosi were showing promise and Teixeira has been wrapped in cotton wool.

I'm almost afraid to jinx it, but the next few years could be exciting.
      We just need to keep the recruitment up.

Very exciting times Racer. 

Give it another 2 or 3 seasons for these players to gain experience and flourish at their natural pace and we could have an amazing squad.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #49: May 20, 2013 12:50:28 pm

Give it another 2 or 3 seasons for these players to gain experience and flourish at their natural pace and we could have an amazing squad.

Like I've said before, watching the youth football gives hope when the first team were dire.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #50: May 20, 2013 12:52:24 pm
      Like I've said before, watching the youth football gives hope when the first team were dire.

Yep, it's been one of highlights of the last 3 seasons.  Something to give me hope that all's not entirely lost.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #51: May 20, 2013 01:03:56 pm

I hope that a few of the lads get sent out on Loan (i.e Coady, McLaughlin etc.) otherwise they may not have the necessary challenges to progress to the next level. You just have to look at Cleverly (watford and wigan), Sturridge (bolton), Wilshere (bolton), Welbeck (sunderland), Lukaku (west brom) etc. Like these players or not they had a season or two away from the club and came back as contenders for the first team. (lukaku is a prediction).

My main point is that i think out loan policy is a bit of a shambles and we need to step it up to give these players opportunities. Just look at Ngoo at hearts; he's been class. A few others need to get this sort of experience to push on and challenge for the first team.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #52: May 20, 2013 01:07:50 pm
      I hope that a few of the lads get sent out on Loan (i.e Coady, McLaughlin etc.) otherwise they may not have the necessary challenges to progress to the next level. You just have to look at Cleverly (watford and wigan), Sturridge (bolton), Wilshere (bolton), Welbeck (sunderland), Lukaku (west brom) etc. Like these players or not they had a season or two away from the club and came back as contenders for the first team. (lukaku is a prediction).

My main point is that i think out loan policy is a bit of a shambles and we need to step it up to give these players opportunities. Just look at Ngoo at hearts; he's been class. A few others need to get this sort of experience to push on and challenge for the first team.

Definitely we need to send a few of the U21s out on loan.
      Morgan, Adorjan, Robinson, Flanagan. Even Shelvey and Suso could all benefit from it.
      Like you said, look at Ngoo at Hearts.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #53: May 20, 2013 01:11:36 pm

I think it'll be one of the things that Brian and Rodolfo will have been looking at mate.  I agree we haven't utilised the loan system as effectively as other Clubs have but those lads need the opportunity to continue their development.

Our issue will be the size of the squads at all levels. 

We've had a lot of U18's playing at U21's level and U16's playing at U18's this season to make up numbers.  Some of them have had to play 2 games a week and that's not something that can be sustained at their age.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #54: May 20, 2013 03:21:31 pm

Ibe's delight at Anfield debut
      20th May 2013 - Latest News

Liverpool debutant Jordon Ibe declared himself 'over the moon' after making his first senior Reds appearance during the 1-0 victory over Queens Park Rangers on Sunday.

The 17-year-old, who has impressed in the club's youth sides throughout 2012-13, featured for 63 minutes against the London outfit and created the winning goal for Philippe Coutinho.

"I feel over the moon to be playing at Liverpool in such an important match, especially Carragher's last match," he told LFC TV after the win.

"I found out I was in the squad yesterday but I wasn't too sure if I was going to start. Brendan told me to be prepared. Yesterday evening and this morning I was just focused and calm.

"I thought I did okay, especially getting an assist for Coutinho's goal and helping the club win three points. The manager told me that I did well, I just need to keep pressing and stay compact."

Having completed the campaign with a landmark moment, how much is the energetic and enthusiastic wide-man looking forward to progressing further next season?

The No.44 added: "I feel very confident because now I've played here, I've got a little bit of experience so I know what it takes to play here. Hopefully I can build on that and take it into the new season."
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #55: May 20, 2013 03:26:22 pm
      @Kristian_Walsh

Trying to think of how to put this without sounding wrong, but failing: impressed by Jordon Ibe's physique, particularly his posterior.
      @dowie81

@Kristian_Walsh Let's hope this doesn't inspire a 'I see you Ibe, shaking that ass' chant

:lmao:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #56: May 20, 2013 11:31:19 pm
      Really impressed me, his work rate and hunger in the game was a good sight to see! Especially when he pretty much sprinted all the way back and won the ball back for us when QPR were on the break! Wasn't always successful at beating his man but he done well, be good to see him get a good run out next season.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #57: May 20, 2013 11:49:51 pm
      Handy debut, could tell he was proper nervous in the first few minutes but he settled down and played a good part in the goal. And he probably saved us a goal with his tracking back so well in Jordan lad.
      i7x
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #58: May 21, 2013 05:42:20 pm
      MsGerrard
      Reply #59: May 21, 2013 10:40:27 pm
      I felt so proud when he got a standing ovation from the whole ground when he went off, he did extremely well and took it all in his stride, what a day for him, well done Jordan, keep working hard, keep your feet on the ground and never stop trying, the Kop will love you for that  :scarf:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #60: May 21, 2013 10:57:16 pm
      Thought he had a good debut. Just wish he would have put his foot through the ball and take a shot when he had even the slightest opportunity because in the under-21's that is exactly what he would do.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #61: May 21, 2013 11:01:57 pm
      He really was great, wasn't he?  Just watched the match again, looked really good, some nice interplay with Coutinho, looks to be a lot more physically ready than Sterling did.  Another year for both of them, I hope that is enough to convince Rodgers not to pull the trigger on Ince.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #62: May 21, 2013 11:51:02 pm
      He looked like a less explosive player than Raheem Sterling but tactically smarter, not running into dead ends too often, passing the ball well and tracking back quite a lot.

I'm generalizing from only one game though, since I don't watch the reserves or youth sides. And it was only QPR, after all.

Anyway, I was really happy he got his first game and he should be proud of his performance. Hope to see him in the 1st team again in the near future.
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #63: May 22, 2013 09:47:16 am
      He really was great, wasn't he?  Just watched the match again, looked really good, some nice interplay with Coutinho, looks to be a lot more physically ready than Sterling did.  Another year for both of them, I hope that is enough to convince Rodgers not to pull the trigger on Ince.
      where did you watch the game, on the net?
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #64: May 22, 2013 10:10:43 am
      where did you watch the game, on the net?
      LFCTV show full game replays often. Can also watch any game on LFCTV Online from this season and past seasons.

/plug.
      canon40d
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #65: May 22, 2013 03:51:05 pm
      Has the potential to be a game changer in about two years. He has the ability to score goals,rate him higher than sterling. Hope he can get some games in preseaon fixtures. Will be wayching his progress down the road.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #66: Jul 14, 2013 04:00:05 am
      Can't believe he is 1995 born .... looked much like a seasoned player IMO.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #67: Jul 14, 2013 11:29:55 am
      Can't believe he is 1995 born .... looked much like a seasoned player IMO.

Scary how close we are to having kids break through that weren't born in the last millenium.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #68: Jul 15, 2013 12:13:09 am
      Did very well yesterday, looks like he really wants it....got an explosive future if he keeps his head screwed on. Looking forward to seeing a lot more of him.

Quick Reply