Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)

Read 116077 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Re: Jordon Ibe
      Reply #69: Jul 15, 2013 12:31:12 am
      Did very well yesterday, looks like he really wants it....got an explosive future if he keeps his head screwed on. Looking forward to seeing a lot more of him.

Just watching a re run of the game now Cas and he did play well.

Took his goal really well.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #70: Jul 15, 2013 12:34:47 am
      Just watching a re run of the game now Cas and he did play well.

Took his goal really well.

I said in the match thread that if I had to bet I think Jordon will progress past Sterling in time. While I most certainly wouldn't bet my life on that I am relishing them competing for first team minutes and feel that such competition (including Sinclair) will push one of them into being a world class talent.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #71: Jul 15, 2013 12:41:33 am
      I said in the match thread that if I had to bet I think Jordon will progress past Sterling in time. While I most certainly wouldn't bet my life on that I am relishing them competing for first team minutes and feel that such competition (including Sinclair) will push one of them into being a world class talent.

It can only be a good thing having these young players competing with each other for places as well as the more senior players ahead of them.

Can only progress their game.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #72: Jul 15, 2013 10:44:00 am
      Jordan Ibe is the new Raheem Sterling !
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #73: Jul 15, 2013 10:49:36 am
      Jordan Ibe is the new Raheem Sterling !

No!

Jordan Ibe has a lot more power in his game.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #74: Jul 15, 2013 10:59:45 am
      No!

and less children !
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #75: Jul 15, 2013 12:33:08 pm
      No!

He definitely should be better able to stay on the ball where Sterling gets rooted off of it too easily sometimes.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #76: Jul 15, 2013 02:27:06 pm
      I was most impressed by how well Ibe can press the back four. Thought he was probably our best at it on Saturday between Borini, Coutinho and Assaidi.
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #77: Jul 21, 2013 07:55:29 am
      The kid had a great game yesterday has develpped in heaps and bound since last season definitely one to look out 4. Fear he would soon be ahead of Raheem in the pecking order due to the more physical side to his game.
      i7x
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #78: Jul 21, 2013 06:20:25 pm
                                         Jordon Ibe vs Indonesia XI

Watch:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfP7F6CqOkY
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #79: Jul 21, 2013 06:46:02 pm
      I said in the match thread that if I had to bet I think Jordon will progress past Sterling in time.

I agree wholeheartedly!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #80: Jul 21, 2013 06:59:12 pm
      Ibe probably has more goals in him then Sterling.  Sterling and Ibe are interchangeable on the wings and can both play on left and right. Aspas probably has a better left foot though,

Aspas/Alberto                                          Ibe/Sterling
                       Gerrard/Hendo  Lucas/Coutinho

Downing and Allen probably squad players. Although downing is to expensive to be a squad player.

I'd like

Suarez  Sturridge
      Ibe   Lucas  Coutinho  Alberto

Subs: Aspas Gerrard Sterling

If Suarez goes,

Aspas Sturridge
      Ibe Lucas Coutinho Albero

Subs: Borini, Gerrard,  Sterling.

Gerrard should not start all games I think.  His fitness isn't bad for a 33 year old,  but he should not be expected to play 90 minutes every game.  He should be used when we need a lift, Gerrard can bring instant change boost to the team.  Lucas and Coutinho would be my starters.
      « Last Edit: Jul 21, 2013 07:12:55 pm by Ribapuru »
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #81: Jul 22, 2013 12:22:55 am
      Looks bright doesn't he! Am gutted we did not make the Europa League for this season because it would have been excellent proving ground for this kid although i daresay he will get some minutes in the first team again. Slighlty different player to Sterling who I'd see is an out and out wide man. Ibe looks like he might also be able to play through the middle in the 10 role or perhaps even in the 9 shirt. For the young lad he also has a decent build and a bit of physicality about him, certainly more so than Raheem this time last year.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #82: Jul 25, 2013 03:33:29 pm
      This lad has got something special about him.

I'm usually quite critical of youth players in general as we've all seen the next Messi or Ronaldo fail to impress as they grow up but whenever I've seen Ibe I can't help but see a very good player in the making.

Raheem is good don't get me wrong but Ibe already looks like a seasoned footballer and he's 17!

Can't wait for him to make RW his own.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #83: Jul 26, 2013 09:46:40 am
      can't wait to see Ibe play in the Prem some more. Soon I hope. Watching he and Sterling live in the Melbourne game was fantastic as they look like proper threats and they don't think twice when it matters, I hope that continues into big games. These two add to the young British talent in the first team and it's really nice to see, they seem to have good comradery too, lots playing together the past few friendlies.
      caboodlems
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #84: Jul 26, 2013 11:24:39 am
      Looks like Downing's replacement was here all the time and he only cost 500,000. Shall we thank Dalglish for Ibe's transfer as well, I will !
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #85: Jul 26, 2013 11:44:57 am
      Looks like Downing's replacement was here all the time and he only cost 500,000. Shall we thank Dalglish for Ibe's transfer as well, I will !

Indeed we will! But by that means we also have to allocate responsibility of Downing to Kenny as well. Which is perfectly fine because every manager makes bad signings - Ferguson with Djemba Djemba. Wenger with Franny Jeffers....only they were much MUCH worse players that Downing. People are scared to point the finger at Kenny for these signings but to not do so would be doing Kenny a disservice. I mean do we want to believe that the King was was being undermined in his transfer activity by FSG and Comolli?! That's far worse and far more undignified than making a bad call in the transfer market.

But as we will see with Jordan Ibe - he made up for it with this great call. Genuinely excited for this guy.
      caboodlems
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #86: Jul 26, 2013 12:54:21 pm
      Indeed we will! But by that means we also have to allocate responsibility of Downing to Kenny as well. Which is perfectly fine because every manager makes bad signings - Ferguson with Djemba Djemba. Wenger with Franny Jeffers....only they were much MUCH worse players that Downing. People are scared to point the finger at Kenny for these signings but to not do so would be doing Kenny a disservice. I mean do we want to believe that the King was was being undermined in his transfer activity by FSG and Comolli?! That's far worse and far more undignified than making a bad call in the transfer market.

But as we will see with Jordan Ibe - he made up for it with this great call. Genuinely excited for this guy.

Downing always looked the strangest signing especially at £20 million ! Still the way Ibe is going and the way our owners are, we can enjoy Ibe's brilliance for 2 years and then sell for £25 million to our premiership rivals !!!
      julesd
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #87: Aug 04, 2013 07:14:06 pm
      Hi Guys,
      There is an old 60's song by the Coasters called "Poison Ivy"
      Just an idea but I think this would be a great chant for Jordon Ibe.
      Listen to the chorus and change Poison Ivy to Jordon Ibe. I am sure you guys could think of something for the verses too.

Regards,
      Jules.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #88: Aug 05, 2013 03:27:43 pm

How do you go from such a sensible and accurate post (above), to such a ridiculous post (below) in such a short space of time ???  Boggles the mind how some people can just make claims about the owners with zero evidence to back it up....

Downing always looked the strangest signing especially at £20 million ! Still the way Ibe is going and the way our owners are, we can enjoy Ibe's brilliance for 2 years and then sell for £25 million to our premiership rivals !!!

Anyway, now to say what I came on here to say.....  Ibe got a very glowing endorsement from Stevie after the testimonial game the other day saying something along the lines of, "we've got Jordon Ibe who is going to become a spectacular player."  I'm sure the lad will be buzzing with this endorsement from a such a legend, and hopefully he uses it as encouragement to train harder and improve more with each training session!! 

The sky is the limit for this young lad!!
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #89: Aug 13, 2013 07:01:06 pm
      This kid  is showing that he have the potential to become a good player
      What I like  about him is, tactically he is very good
      He  wil be able  to unlock defenders when it matters.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #90: Aug 14, 2013 10:52:21 pm
      Hi Guys,
      There is an old 60's song by the Coasters called "Poison Ivy"
      Just an idea but I think this would be a great chant for Jordon Ibe.
      Listen to the chorus and change Poison Ivy to Jordon Ibe. I am sure you guys could think of something for the verses too.

Regards,
      Jules.

I hadn't seen this post till now, but I had the radio on the other day and Poison Ivy by the Lambrettas came on and straight away I thought, wow what a great song for Jordan  8)

Lambrettas "Poison Ivy"
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,115 posts | 4880 
      Reply #91: Aug 14, 2013 10:55:42 pm
      Deserves to start at the weekend for me.

Quick Reply