Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)

Read 117305 times
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Re: Jordon Ibe
      Reply #207: Nov 23, 2014 10:50:45 am
      This is typical of young players mate, they may have the talent but they struggle with consistancy.  Until Jordan is performing regularly, at a consistantly high level, he will never become the truly great player we know he can be.
      Yes. I think BR thought Markovic would be able to start performing straight away, and hence send Ibe on loan and brought more established player with similar attributes. Hence coming in against City, however after seeing him train he might have understood he is not ready yet and stopped using him.

On Ibe, i hope he plays consistently this season and come back straight into our team or go on loan to a mid table PL team ( hoping that we will not be a mid table team by then  ;D)
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #208: Nov 23, 2014 10:53:42 am
      Anyone got a gif or video of the goal?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #209: Nov 23, 2014 11:02:21 am
      On Ibe, i hope he plays consistently this season and come back straight into our team or go on loan to a mid table PL team ( hoping that we will not be a mid table team by then  ;D)

He'll need to be producing like Raheem was last season to do that mate but it's not critical that he has to be at such an early stage of his career.  He's still very young and has a lot to learn but plenty of time to do that, so I'd be happy with him having another loan.  Even if we are a "mid table team" there is still more pressure to produce for us than your traditional mid table team  ;)
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #210: Nov 23, 2014 11:22:44 am
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #212: Nov 23, 2014 12:13:07 pm

Lovely goal that
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #213: Nov 23, 2014 12:34:41 pm
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #214: Nov 23, 2014 12:35:13 pm
      Indeed. Always loved to see goals like that. Like the Suarez one against Stoke few years back.

Our own Robben?  ;)
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #215: Dec 16, 2014 03:20:30 pm
      Our friend Ibe should be starting vs Chelsea tonight!!!

It'll be on sly sports :D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #216: Dec 30, 2014 08:38:12 pm
      Ibe playing decent. He's playing quite defensive tonight and doing very well in tracking back. Made a wonderful run and dribble down the left flank ghosting past 2 players and putting in a dangerous cross!

Would like to see him played more offensive 2nd half.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #217: Dec 30, 2014 09:40:07 pm
      Decent attacking game, made some good dribbles and 2-3 key crosses. Don't like how he's being used by Derby as he's being played more as an out an out winger. Would like to see him play in a less rigid role with less rigid players :) As for his defending, it was exceptional tonight, really exceptional, tracked back all night and defended as good as Azpilicueta has done all season :D
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,658 posts | 487 
      Reply #218: Jan 01, 2015 08:12:30 am
      Echo reporting that Ibe could be brought back in January to aid the the top 4 finish.If its true then we should not expect any activity in January.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #219: Jan 01, 2015 01:18:40 pm
      Echo reporting that Ibe could be brought back in January to aid the the top 4 finish.If its true then we should not expect any activity in January.

I think he should complete his loan spell at Derby.

We have Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho, Markovic & Suso, I think that's more than enough unless he plans on playing Ibe as a striker.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #220: Jan 01, 2015 01:27:09 pm

Not a bad idea really especially if McClaren leaves for the Newcastle job.  He's still very inconsistant and  needs to improve his decision making but he's benefitted hugely from his loan.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #221: Jan 15, 2015 03:40:51 pm

reading today that this is happening , according to reports
      don't know if this is true, but he was in a brilliant form at derby, hope we did not call him back to stop his good form from continuing and don't give him some play-time

Liverpool recall Jordon Ibe from Derby County
      http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2015/01/liverpool-recall-jordon-ibe-derby-county/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+%28Off+The+Post%29

YNWA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #222: Jan 15, 2015 03:47:04 pm
      Wonder if we are bringing him back to help give Sterling more rest when he needs it?
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #223: Jan 15, 2015 06:31:07 pm
      I think he should complete his loan spell at Derby.

We have Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho, Markovic & Suso, I think that's more than enough unless he plans on playing Ibe as a striker.

I am split on this on this one, part of me thinks let him play the whole season out because it will do him the world of good plus Derby play the right way and I don't care what anyone says, Mclaren is a decent coach. The other part says that he could contribute the 2nd half of is season, he's quick, direct and skillful. We don't have many players that fit that bill plus he could be an option in that false 9 role as and when Studge gets himself injured again. It's a good move IF he is gonna get some regular minutes.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #224: Jan 15, 2015 09:02:15 pm
      I am split on this on this one, part of me thinks let him play the whole season out because it will do him the world of good plus Derby play the right way and I don't care what anyone says, Mclaren is a decent coach. The other part says that he could contribute the 2nd half of is season, he's quick, direct and skillful. We don't have many players that fit that bill plus he could be an option in that false 9 role as and when Studge gets himself injured again. It's a good move IF he is gonna get some regular minutes.

I'd take him back now, especially since we reverted to a 343 formation and looking comfortable. Mclaren really has worked on Ibe's defensive attributes and I think he'd be a regular as a right wing back if given game time. I think he has what it takes to solidify that spot as his own and keep Manquillio and Johnson out.
      jh
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      • a Red from the little red dot
      Reply #225: Jan 16, 2015 02:02:37 am
      2 possibilities:

1) We are bringing him back because someone is leaving, Borini / Lambert

2) We need more options at the wing back positions and he will be an upgrade to Enrique / Johnson / Manquillo
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #226: Jan 16, 2015 01:38:28 pm
      2 possibilities:

1) We are bringing him back because someone is leaving, Borini / Lambert

2) We need more options at the wing back positions and he will be an upgrade to Enrique / Johnson / Manquillo

He looked very good defensively for Derby so he can definitely play wing back.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #227: Jan 16, 2015 01:40:06 pm
      I'd take him back now, especially since we reverted to a 343 formation and looking comfortable. Mclaren really has worked on Ibe's defensive attributes and I think he'd be a regular as a right wing back if given game time. I think he has what it takes to solidify that spot as his own and keep Manquillio and Johnson out.

I don't think Ibe will start ahead of Lazar and Moreno but he will definitely be a better wing back option than Enrique and Manquillo.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #228: Jan 16, 2015 05:59:40 pm
      Alright. Now what?
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #229: Jan 17, 2015 12:57:31 pm
      Good to have him back, hope he gets game time. I think its to partner Sturridge/Raheem in an all out 3-4-3 with pace.

Quick Reply