Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)

Read 117471 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Re: Jordon Ibe
      Reply #299: Feb 11, 2015 12:47:47 pm
      I also think it would be dangerous to get carried away with Ibe and just let him develop and see where he goes.

I agree, he looks an excellent player in the making, really exciting but some of the plaudits coming his way are miles over the top at this stage. He is only just getting started, he is an unknown quantity for opposing teams so he has that as an advantage. I've read quite a few claims that he is already "better" than Sterling which to be frank, is a ridiculous thing to say right now. Maybe we can say that in 6 or 12 months time when he has a bunch of goals, assists and top performances under his belt against a range of different teams but for now, two games in, the signs are VERY promising.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #300: Feb 11, 2015 02:56:59 pm
      We have a good player and great potential in this kid,i hope we will stick to him.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #301: Feb 11, 2015 03:46:54 pm
      Head's fu**ed everywhere as the "signing" of the January transfer window would appear to not actually have been a singing at all,
      just a quality youngster coming back to his club.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #302: Feb 11, 2015 04:44:49 pm
      I thought that too. He seems to find it hard to get into the game playing the sideline. I would have liked to have seen him swap positions with Markovic, as he may have had made more of an impact in a more attacking role.

It's because they doubled up on him, won't be long before he gets used to that though because I expect it will be happening a lot.

Sterling, Ibe and Sturridge - surely that has to be one of the quickest attacks around, if not the quickest! The pace they all have is blistering
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,552 posts | 1668 
      • YNWA
      Reply #303: Feb 11, 2015 08:30:06 pm
      Great to have Ibe come in, fresh, looks like he's been playing at this level years - reckon BR will use this lad regularly in the run in.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #304: Feb 12, 2015 01:34:39 am
      How long before those cu*ts from Spain come calling?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #305: Feb 12, 2015 06:36:00 am
      Great to have Ibe come in, fresh, looks like he's been playing at this level years - reckon BR will use this lad regularly in the run in.

BR would be a fool not to use the young feller, he is a fantastic talent.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #306: Feb 12, 2015 10:03:15 am
      Bet his head is all over the place :D Last season playing for a relegation threatened Birmingham and now starting for us in a Merseyside derby and at home to Spurs. I wonder whether he will play against City in a few games time. There's obviously 3 or 4 games between now and then though, hope he starts against Palace though!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #307: Feb 12, 2015 10:04:37 am
      How long before those cu*ts from Spain come calling?

They're already on the phone.
      Conversation will just change from Sterling to Sterling and Ibe.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #308: Feb 13, 2015 08:33:00 pm
      The level of calmness, composure, and maturity in his game is astonishing!! This lad is going to be special!!

If we can keep Sterling, Ibe, Coutinho, Markovic, and Can all at the club and add a few more top level youngsters to the group then we will be back among Europe's elite in a few seasons!!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #309: Feb 13, 2015 08:41:30 pm
      The level of calmness, composure, and maturity in his game is astonishing!! This lad is going to be special!!

If we can keep Sterling, Ibe, Coutinho, Markovic, and Can all at the club and add a few more top level youngsters to the group then we will be back among Europe's elite in a few seasons!!

Mate I think with a couple of shrewd signings in the summer in midfield and up top we will be an elite before then. The only stumbling block is can we get the players over the summer to take us to that level. No more gambles or "potential" buys get the players who we know will make a difference in. We are so close now I can feel it!
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #310: Feb 14, 2015 01:45:43 am
      He looks stronger and more composed. I'm his biggest advocate... great situation to have at the club, with so many youngsters here. He doesn't blast the ball over the seagulls heads, tries to keep it down. Cool, come on kid.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #311: Feb 14, 2015 02:04:34 am
      Don't want to go over the top here but I'm starting to see what everyone meant when they said that the club rated him even higher than Sterling.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #312: Feb 14, 2015 02:12:34 am
      Don't want to go over the top here but I'm starting to see what everyone meant when they said that the club rated him even higher than Sterling.

Yep, said when we had him and Sterling together that I thought Ibe could be the better player in the end. I also thought that both of them pushing each other along we'd get at least one world class player out of it.

Looks like that might be two, but when I said we I was hoping that didn't mean just for the short-term.

A 4 of Coutinho/Sturridge/Ibe/Sterling is the best players of their ages coming through together I can ever remember, I just want to see them all here for a very long time.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #313: Feb 14, 2015 09:44:48 am
      Lets be ultra cautious with the talent we have and save them for Real or Chelsea... nope! lets use these guys now and they are ready, Ibe is ready now not later. I think he is and I thought he was before his loan, he's more advanced than Sterling in the head, so we are happy fans about this yeah?
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #314: Feb 15, 2015 11:05:53 pm
      I think we will be selling quite a few no. 33 shirts 'cos if you want to sell shirts..

you put 'em on Ebay!

I'm here all week!!
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #315: Feb 16, 2015 06:44:31 pm
      I can't tell you the last time I seen a young player make the step up to the first team and not seem to be phased is any way! His composure on and off the ball is fantastic! Surely he can't keep this level of performance up week in week out. And I just hope we allow him to make the mistakes that are inevitable without pressuring him.

We have a player here, we've shown we can nurture that talent in Sterling. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can bring for the remainder of the season.

By the way does anyone know if he's eligible for the Europa League?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #316: Feb 17, 2015 04:07:17 am
      I can't tell you the last time I seen a young player make the step up to the first team and not seem to be phased is any way! His composure on and off the ball is fantastic! Surely he can't keep this level of performance up week in week out. And I just hope we allow him to make the mistakes that are inevitable without pressuring him.

We have a player here, we've shown we can nurture that talent in Sterling. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can bring for the remainder of the season.

By the way does anyone know if he's eligible for the Europa League?

Yes he's eligible. He doesn't need to be registered.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #317: Feb 17, 2015 08:12:08 pm
      Yes he's eligible. He doesn't need to be registered.

Thanks mate. It should be good experience for him.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #318: Feb 18, 2015 08:16:42 am
      This guy is an exciting player,im eagerly expecting to watch every game he plays in.He kinda reminds me to Sterling with hes movement and driblling but i think he is phisically stronger than him.This is gonna be a good player for us.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #319: Feb 18, 2015 04:48:35 pm
      I think we will be selling quite a few no. 33 shirts 'cos if you want to sell shirts..

you put 'em on Ebay!

I'm here all week!!

Ibe rhymes with Jibe or Wibe, if Wibe was a word. We've heard it from the man himself.
      https://vine.co/v/hA6eumlJ1Ki
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #320: Feb 19, 2015 02:04:49 am
      Ibe rhymes with Jibe or Wibe, if Wibe was a word. We've heard it from the man himself.
      https://vine.co/v/hA6eumlJ1Ki

I admit its not perfect or even funny, still I have to write something if I am going to participate.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #321: Feb 19, 2015 08:58:28 am
      This guy is an exciting player,im eagerly expecting to watch every game he plays in.He kinda reminds me to Sterling with hes movement and driblling but i think he is phisically stronger than him.This is gonna be a good player for us.

He is more direct than Sterling when he attacks the opposition defence. You are right he does appear to be physically stronger than Sterling.

Quick Reply