Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)

Read 116864 times
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Re: Jordon Ibe
      Reply #322: Feb 19, 2015 11:05:41 am
      I admit its not perfect or even funny, still I have to write something if I am going to participate.
      I'm sorry for being the fun police. If I don't write 3 condescending or humourless posts a day they take my license away.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #323: Feb 19, 2015 01:33:48 pm
      well lest hope FSG give him a new 5 yr deal so the "sterling" situation dont happy as i honestly belive he will become a better player than Raheem. if we can keep them both we have an exciting future.
      Ibe is fast,strong can shoot and seems to make the right choices in final 3rd being as he's played as a striker before it comes naturally.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #324: Feb 19, 2015 01:55:06 pm
      Looks like we won't have a contract struggle with Jordon, for a while at least.

Liverpool news: Jordan Ibe handed new contract

Liverpool youngster Jordon Ibe is to be rewarded with a new contract following his impressive return to the Merseyside club.

Ibe has made a significant breakthrough at Anfield in recent weeks having enjoyed a successful loan period at Derby County for the first half of this season.

He is now a key member of Brendan Rodgers’s side, having been summoned back in January, and is likely to start tonight’s Europa League tie with Besiktas.

Ibe can expect a considerable pay hike as well as extended terms on his current deal which runs out in 2017. Liverpool are negotiating a much longer term arrangement for the 19-year-old.

Ibe was signed from Wycombe in 2012, while Kenny Dalglish was still manager, and there are expectations he will be the next English talent to be established for club and country.
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11422612/Liverpool-news-Jordan-Ibe-handed-new-contract.html
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #325: Feb 19, 2015 10:16:10 pm
      Their left back trying to catch Jordon.

Nope!

@WhoScored  2m2 minutes ago
      Jordon Ibe: Completed more successful dribbles in a single Europa League match (10 vs Besiktas) than any other player has this season #LFC
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #326: Feb 19, 2015 11:49:58 pm
      Little early to get so excited but he really is becoming quite the player. MOTM for me tonight.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #327: Feb 20, 2015 08:05:34 am
      get him on a 6yr deal with increments for goals and assists.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #328: Feb 20, 2015 08:13:57 am
      This kid is something special.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #329: Feb 20, 2015 09:20:42 am
      Best player at the club on current form

Strong, crazy ball control, and pace

The rest is just game time
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #330: Feb 20, 2015 09:57:15 am
      get him on a 6yr deal with increments for goals and assists.

He signed a 5 year deal yesterday.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #331: Feb 20, 2015 11:48:25 am
      He signed a 5 year deal yesterday.

Has he?

"No, there's nothing on a new contract, no" said Rodgers AFTER the Besiktas game.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #332: Feb 20, 2015 11:58:54 am
      Has he?

"No, there's nothing on a new contract, no" said Rodgers AFTER the Besiktas game.

The commentators said last night that he signed a new 5 year deal, obviously they were bull shitting. There is this in the Echo though...

Jordon Ibe set to be given new Liverpool FC contract

Reds will offer him a five-year deal after return to the first team squad

Jordon Ibe’s rapid rise at Liverpool FC is to be rewarded with a new five-year contract following an impressive return to Merseyside.

Ibe came back to Anfield in January having spent the first half of the season on loan to Derby, where he enjoyed a successful spell under Steve McClaren, scoring five goals.

His current deal expires in 2017 but he is set to be awarded a new deal to reflect his new role as an important first-team member of the squad. Ibe can also expect to see his pay rise significantly.

The 19-year-old was put into the side in the Merseyside derby earlier this month - putting in a man of the match performance on the right side of midfield in only his second Premier League start.

The midfielder was signed from Wycombe in 2012 and made his debut for the club on the final day of the 2012-13 season at home to Queens Park Rangers.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jordon-ibe-set-given-new-8678780
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #333: Feb 20, 2015 02:39:28 pm
      What a F***ing player this kid is!! He has already moved ahead of Markovic in the pecking order. Looks Luke he has been playing at this level for years, and is completely fearless when attacking!!

Give him a 10 year contract.... He will be worth it!!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #334: Feb 20, 2015 02:55:24 pm
      Good work Jordan!! Impressive beginning to his Liverpool first team career so far.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #335: Feb 20, 2015 03:27:01 pm
      I think he can be a very special player.
      However, I feel very uncomfortable at the "he's better than Sterling, Sterling can F**k off" routine that the plants and their minions are filling the web with.

Jordan is fresher. Raheem has had World Cups and a massive number of games. Raheem hasn't got as strong a build currently. BUT he packs more power per lb into his frame than even a young Messi. Sometimes Raheems shooting looks a little tired. Other times it looks like thunderbolts.

Both can become phenomenal together. Raheem seems to have learnt the number 10 job too. Jordan seems more wide striker currently. Altho both have masses of flexibility.

The really sad part is that neither have anyone to learn off who is their type of player. Another price for having greedy football hating bas**rds as owners. I remember earlier in the season how both Raheem AND Jordan did things that they could clearly only have learned from Suarez.

In our glory era, that was all absolutely pivotal to learning. Fowler learnt from Rush. Barnes could learn from Dalglish. Gerrard could learn from Redknapp and Hamann. There are many examples going back.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #336: Feb 20, 2015 03:39:31 pm
      The really sad part is that neither have anyone to learn off who is their type of player. Another price for having greedy football hating bas**rds as owners. I remember earlier in the season how both Raheem AND Jordan did things that they could clearly only have learned from Suarez.

Wow, you really will look for any excuse to bash our owners won't you?! Do us a favor and keep the comments in the player threads about the players. There is an entire thread dedicated to the owners that you can spout your bull sh*t in.

As for  not having anyone to learn from.... What a ridiculous notion that is!! Suarez didn't have any world class talents to learn from at Ajax, but he still managed to become world class. Hazard didn't have anyone to learn from at Lille, but he's turned out ok. Neymar at Santos. Bale at Tottenham. James at Porto/Monaco.

Sterling and Ibe will be just fine without having a player like Robben here to learn from ;)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #337: Feb 20, 2015 04:16:31 pm
      Wow, you really will look for any excuse to bash our owners won't you?! Do us a favor and keep the comments in the player threads about the players. There is an entire thread dedicated to the owners that you can spout your bull sh*t in.

As for  not having anyone to learn from.... What a ridiculous notion that is!! Suarez didn't have any world class talents to learn from at Ajax, but he still managed to become world class. Hazard didn't have anyone to learn from at Lille, but he's turned out ok. Neymar at Santos. Bale at Tottenham. James at Porto/Monaco.

Sterling and Ibe will be just fine without having a player like Robben here to learn from ;)

Add to that Ronaldo at United ;) :D
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #338: Feb 21, 2015 11:41:41 am

The only one talking bullshit is yourself. Ibe is a good young player, but he can't single handedly carry a team like say Suarez did for one season. Get real.

What else are you on about? FUnny how Steven Gerrard says the exact OPPOSITE to you!

You saying players can just learn it on their own? Suarez had the best coaching systems in the World fo ryoung players. And he could do it against lower opponents. He actually took time to learn the ropes at LFC, before becoming our greatest ever player. Hazard and James werent the finished article. James still isnt. Hazard is being helped by Chelsea's top players. Bale is still developing and was about his shot and dribbling pace at Spurs.

Big differece between impressing on the break and having a powerful shot. Completely different thing when your opponents park the bus and you have to show patience, game intelligence, the ability to play 8 simple balls followed by one key pass. Takes years and years to learn. EVen for a genius like Dalglish. Just look at McAllister in his later yrs. Be surrounded by quality (players AND coaches)and you learn much sooner.

Why do you think some at Lpool are so keen to merge Melwood and the Academy onto a single site?

And plenty of players look terrific in a lower league then sh*t in a top one. Lucas was fantastic in S America, and nothing special at all when he arrived at Lpool. But hey do it your way! Let Ibe learn from RIcky Lambert  :o and the "new Iago Aspas". I'm sure things will go great... for your heroes in Boston. Yawn. :roll:
      wallbanger 5d
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #339: Feb 21, 2015 02:49:14 pm
      Jordan is a work horse with electric pace who can win the reds a lot of penalties. Shows consistency game in and game out. he deserves a regular first team place definately.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #340: Feb 22, 2015 07:05:19 am
      Jordan is a work horse with electric pace who can win the reds a lot of penalties. Shows consistency game in and game out. he deserves a regular first team place definately.

I totally agree with you, he is a special talent. We could of done with him in the first half of the season.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #341: Feb 23, 2015 01:24:17 pm
      top player and needs a face on his icon on this site. new deal hopefully signed this summer to then kick sterling up the arse into signing his offered deal but Ibe is going to be some player.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #342: Feb 23, 2015 03:57:45 pm
      I kinda expected more from him on sunday but theres time for this fella.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #343: Feb 24, 2015 10:06:56 am
      Nigeria will attempt to persuade Jordan to commit his international future to them rather than England.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/560051/Jordon-Ibe-Nigeria-England
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #344: Feb 24, 2015 10:14:37 am
      Nigeria will attempt to persuade Jordan to commit his international future to them rather than England.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/560051/Jordon-Ibe-Nigeria-England

I believe a prince has been in contact with him, via email.  Just needs his bank details and it's a done deal.

Quick Reply